5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just installed Teins and other mods>( Long feedback)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: KYB's on Backorder

Originally posted by ghostrider17

Is it TRUE that the 4th Gen AGX's MUST be mated to 4th Gen springs???

gr
Ghost, yes you need 4th Gen Springs. I got 4th Gen Sprints to go with my AGX's, install is this weekend. I can't wait!

I'm sure it won't be too hard for you to find someone willing to take the Teins off your hands. Good luck.

BTW...all this arguing is nonsense. You people need to chill out cuz your ruining the threads. I'm not taking sides since I don't know the history behind it. I just find it annoying since most of the threads I've read so far today contains this mudslinging. Arguing online gets you nowhere...just let it go.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by studman

It's around the same height as the T/A, but the seats in the Max aren't anywhere near as hard to get in and out of as a T/A. The T/A almost makes you lie down when you drive, whereas you are still sitting upright in the Max. My brother has a 99 T/A WS6 that I drive (and repair for him) occasionally. The floorboards are around the same height, but the Max is still just as easy to get in and out of as it was originally.

I'm 6' as well. The lowering isn't a problem getting into and out of the car. I was mainly talking about how much lower the car sits to the ground, not really the difficulty of entering/exiting the car.
Oh thank God. I had the '97 WS6 and once I got my Durango I never drove it because it was so uncomfortable to get in and out of and you were pretty much sitting on the floor. The hood when 2 feet farther than I could see! I will say this, for all it's problems and bad handling that car was one fast mother *****
Old 06-19-2003, 12:25 PM

Damn, only if I had enough money to put at least one mod...Good job man.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:59 AM

OT:

Oh thank God. I had the '97 WS6 and once I got my Durango I never drove it because it was so uncomfortable to get in and out of and you were pretty much sitting on the floor. The hood when 2 feet farther than I could see! I will say this, for all it's problems and bad handling that car was one fast mother *****
I'm not lying when I say that the T/A is fast. My brother's is putting down 316 HP to the wheels. And he put in a Hertz shifter, BBK 80mm TB, Ram Air Intake upgrade, exhaust cutout, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Hypertech Programming, and a few other performance things.

When I drive his car, I don't get it over about 2500 RPMs before I shift. I know it's crazy, but the car is so powerful that I'd plow the back of the car in front of me before I got it up to 3000. And imagine that the shift light has a 6000 RPM pill in it. Just crazy.

One day.... when I'm turbo'd and have finished my car, I'll race him. I know I'll probably lose, but I'm hoping to lose only by a little, not a lot.

On Topic:

Ghost, yes you need 4th Gen Springs.
I would believe that the mounting of the 4th Gen Springs/Sturts would be different than the 5th. I'd also think that the load rating would be different between the cars. But since they are modified, I can see why they'd work. I know the struts are modified to fit the 5th Gen, but was curious as to what the modification included. Is it just the mounts where the strut joins the control arm? Or do they modify the internals of the struts as well?
Old 06-20-2003, 07:59 AM

Re: Re: KYB's on Backorder

Originally posted by NuJerseyDrive

Ghost, yes you need 4th Gen Springs. I got 4th Gen Sprints to go with my AGX's, install is this weekend. I can't wait!

I'm sure it won't be too hard for you to find someone willing to take the Teins off your hands. Good luck.

BTW...all this arguing is nonsense. You people need to chill out cuz your ruining the threads. I'm not taking sides since I don't know the history behind it. I just find it annoying since most of the threads I've read so far today contains this mudslinging. Arguing online gets you nowhere...just let it go.

THanks NJDrive -- you're my suspension hero!!

I'm being **** about this whole thing -- but now that i found-out the warranty is shot on the shocks after +1.5" drop, I'm not so happy about my mod decision -- oh well!

Hmmm --- AGX's, GR-2's....the suspense is killing me!

gr