5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Serious Ticket!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 12:24 PM

In PA a reckless driving ticket is a criminal offense and comes with jail time. I just got off a ticket for going 122 in a 65. I got the reckless combined with the speeding and can't drive for only 30 days. My fines were only 432 bucks and i have to pay a 100 dollar restoration for my license. I'm sure you will be able to bargain it down to careless which is nothing. Good luck man.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by maxse01
In PA a reckless driving ticket is a criminal offense and comes with jail time. I just got off a ticket for going 122 in a 65. I got the reckless combined with the speeding and can't drive for only 30 days. My fines were only 432 bucks and i have to pay a 100 dollar restoration for my license. I'm sure you will be able to bargain it down to careless which is nothing. Good luck man.
Gee, ONLY 432 bucks and you cant drive for 30 days for what? Because you couldnt keep your foot out of the engine? I can see 5-10 mph over the speed limit especially if the cars around you are doing that, but there's no excuse for doubling the speed limit. I'd have put the cuffs on you and let you sleep it off overnight in the local jail.

Pretty pathetic.

I haven't had a moving violation in years and years. Why is it so hard to follow the rules of the road?
Old 07-09-2003, 04:16 PM

Ok just to butt in again,....The trooper was not behind me when I passed the trucks. He had already passed me and was as I assume next to or in front of the trucks. Secondly I called the court today and my fine is $150/Zero points.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by Black2000maxima
Ok just to butt in again,....The trooper was not behind me when I passed the trucks. He had already passed me and was as I assume next to or in front of the trucks. Secondly I called the court today and my fine is $150/Zero points.

not bad, not bad! at least you didnt get points man. Points haunt you in the long run with insurance etc..
Old 07-09-2003, 08:21 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I find it interesting how some of you pontificate , as if you have never done this... It's not safe and he screwed up, but most of you guys show by your MOD list that you dont exactly adhere to the law yourselves.... Lets just go dig up some of our " I beat a Tl-S " or " Walked a Civic " ..threads...
Old 07-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kloogy
I find it interesting how some of you pontificate , as if you have never done this... It's not safe and he screwed up, but most of you guys show by your MOD list that you dont exactly adhere to the law yourselves.... Lets just go dig up some of our &quot; I beat a Tl-S &quot; or &quot; Walked a Civic &quot; ..threads...
Thank you. You've said what I've been thinking the whole time I've been reading through this thread. What's the point of buying a car like the Max if you're just gonna drive like an angel all the time and never go over the speed limit (GOD FORBID!!). I speed all the time. I have no problem admiting that. But I do it in such a way that I don't put anyone in danger. I've never had a ticket, and I've never had an accident. I think I'm a really good driver that knows my limits, and I stay well under them. If one day I get caught, oh well. That's the price I pay. But I'm certainly not going to complain about it. Funny thing is, the last time I got pulled over (a few months ago) the officer did nothing but talk to me about my car, and compliment me. In fact he told me that he wasn't too concerned about my speed because I was doing a good job staying in my lane. I had appearantly forgot to use my blinker making a turn, so he followed me for a while. He was a really cool guy. Long story short, you can drive with excitement and be safe at the same time. To quote Frank Sinatra, "You only live once, and the way I live, once is enough."
Old 07-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I live in Maryland too. If you get points, they WILL be assessed to your Maryland license. Also, your insurance company is notified when you get points.

As a parent, I would hope to be told ASAP. Better than finding out later (which they will.)

Good luck with your situation.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DouglasM5
I live in Maryland too. If you get points, they WILL be assessed to your Maryland license. Also, your insurance company is notified when you get points.

As a parent, I would hope to be told ASAP. Better than finding out later (which they will.)

Good luck with your situation.
Do you have an M5? If so, can I come over and play? LOL
Old 07-10-2003, 12:36 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

I have been lurking and reading for a few pages.... I just felt a need to roll on in and break up the " Holy Maxima " club..... ..Some of you guys really crack me up... I have been here for over a year, and your comments make me think of what I have seen you post in the past ....