5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan could learn a lesson from Mazda...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 08:16 PM

Nissan could learn a lesson from Mazda...

Mazda is even willing to buy back the car if the consumer is not satisfied, check the link: http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_mazda_says_rx/index.htm
Old 09-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by woreyah
Mazda is even willing to buy back the car if the consumer is not satisfied, check the link: http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_mazda_says_rx/index.htm
Nissan could learn a lesson from a lot of companies...specifically THEMSELVES...INFINITI!! Bastards...
Old 09-07-2003, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ma><iManiac
Nissan could learn a lesson from a lot of companies...specifically THEMSELVES...INFINITI!! Bastards...
we are ranked lower than Hyundai?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by ToasterMax
we are ranked lower than Hyundai?
NO CRAP!! Lower than all the domestics too!! GRRRR...
Old 09-07-2003, 11:58 PM

Damn, I wish Nissan would offer at least free scheduled maintenence.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Prodigy
Me too. They should, at least during the warranty period. BMW does, and I almost got one. Sometimes I wish I had... Does anybody know if Infiniti does? I would think so considering their ranking...
Old 09-08-2003, 12:20 AM

I knew nissan service was bad but that ranking is just pitiful.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:25 AM
LithiuMax

Two things:

1. What Mazda did for its customers is very generous and respectable. Very admirable as well.

2. No one here is blind, but damn.. the service really does suck big huge monkey *****.

Old 09-08-2003, 05:15 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally Posted by Prodigy
* How about just doing warranty work without a hassle? ( Reason NOT to purchase another Nissan. One main reason to get warranty is to have a car WORK PROPERLY for 3-5 years before it looks/sounds like chit. Interior Rattles Nissan!)

*How about NOT damaging your car EVERY SINGLE TIME it shows up for service? (Reason for NOT taking car back for other maint I wont do myself)

*How about having NON-high school dropouts earning Minimum wage work on your car? (How many ASE certifications do you see in a Nissan garage?)

*How about being ABLE to diagnose a SIMPLE problem WITHOUT shrugging your shoulders? ( Again, a reason NOT to have additional service performed.)

And yes, its NO surpise that Hyundai is BETTER than Nissan. I went to lunch and he BEAT me back to work. They ALREADY had a radio pulled out of one on the lot (his was not ejecting CDs), installed it while he waited. Car was delivered washed and ready to go.

Now while I dont want people washing my car (due to the inferior Nissan "diamond paint process" paint on my car that scratches when a mosquito farts) I would love to see Nissan step up and ACTUALLY be proactive. I was AMAZED at the thought, consideration and respect for time.

I guess Nissan is only interested in making gee-whiz-bang commercials, and then charging you for it in their "marketing fee"
Old 09-08-2003, 09:24 AM

ouch i had no idea we were that low. only one nissan place i went to sucked. they ****ed me off refusing that it was my alternator that was bad. so i took it to sears and dude even wrote out a slip for me telling nissan it was my alternator. they denied and after thorough checks they just said "ummm we're just gonna replace it for ya." mind you this is after my car shut off on me had it jumped and brought it to them. then i had probs again and brought it to them. it took my third time for them to fix it. they even had the nerve to talk **** bout the sears tech when it was them who sucked LOL!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:36 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

that ranking is terrible, even Pontiac beat us but at least Nissan beat VW on customer service, , and as Ma><imaniac said, Nissan does need to learn from thier luxury counterpart, Infinita
Old 09-08-2003, 09:43 AM

I wonder what those figures were 2 years ago when I had my chevy, but if they were anywhere close to where they are today, they are inaccurate! While Nissan can be a pain to deal with, Chevy dealerships (at least the ones I encountered) were much worse regardless of the issue would be. I'd always get my car back in even worse shape then when I brought it in: both cosmetically and mechanically.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Wht98SE
that ranking is terrible, even Pontiac beat us but at least Nissan beat VW on customer service, , and as Ma><imaniac said, Nissan does need to learn from thier luxury counterpart, Infinita
thats what i don't understand. isn't nissan the parent company?? the service i could understand being better at infiniti but come on that much of a diff. they're finally doing good sales wise now they need to get their customer service up and maybe they could start bringing in even more...
Old 09-08-2003, 12:25 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I know Infiniti looks good on that list, but really, some things are common to all dealerships..

I *really* cant wait to see the 03 list. The G line has been less than perfect. Some people are on their 4th CD changer too. We have many rattles. Infiniti has more TSBs to address rattles, but ultimately it comes down to the dealer and they arent all created equally.

Dropping over to freshalloy and reading the G complaints and you'll wonder what next year will look like.

Then again, zombies could do a better job than Nissan dealers... oh wait, maybe they are zombies... *brrrains!*
Old 09-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally Posted by TimW
Then again, zombies could do a better job than Nissan dealers... oh wait, maybe they are zombies... *brrrains!*
Yeah...I came to the EXACT conclusion reading over there.

Guess Infinite can hide it better?
Old 09-08-2003, 01:04 PM

my nissan place has a tendency to replace parts you don't need replaced. they put a new alternator on my 95 max cuz my fuse for my gauges kept blowing out when i put the car in reverse. All that was needed was a <$15 relay that ran from my tranny to my reverse lights. they charged me out the hole for that alternator too.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally Posted by BP2K2Max
my nissan place has a tendency to replace parts you don't need replaced. they put a new alternator on my 95 max cuz my fuse for my gauges kept blowing out when i put the car in reverse. All that was needed was a <$15 relay that ran from my tranny to my reverse lights. they charged me out the hole for that alternator too.
You mean that those "Professional" Nissan Technicians could NOT properly diagnose your car?
Old 09-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think that image up above WAS the '03 list, FYI...

I see, this is how Nissan's getting out of financial trouble (LEARN FROM THE FRENCH!) ... cut massive costs of their main brand (screw everyone) and hand it to the luxury brand (whose customers can afford it)
Old 09-08-2003, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Colonel
You mean that those "Professional" Nissan Technicians could NOT properly diagnose your car?
that's exactly what i mean. disgusting if you ask me.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:23 AM

As much as I hate to say this Nissan will be the last car I'll ever own if that rating continues to go down, and they continue to "cheapen" their product line, and their customer service keeps going down the hole
Old 09-09-2003, 01:49 PM
10e

Yep

I agree with the rating,

While I've had the distinct pleasure of dealing with some decent dealerships (I've been to five different ones), I can say for the most part, they couldn't diagnose a problem to save their lives. It's even worse if the computer does not throw an SES light or a code. Then they are clueless...

I know this survey is not for Canadian dealerships (I'm up here), this issue is not just endemic in the U.S.

I've had so many dealerships tell me my car (Altima) was fine while I kept insisting it had no power. I had it for eleven months before they were able to diagnose the issue (MAF, ECU), and then I had to wait weeks for new catalytics because mine blew.

The cost cutting is apparent and Nissan has not been proactive in their customer service/recalls/etc. relying on Federal law to perform recalls (ie. fuel pump, pre-catalytics on the 2.5S Altimas). And the other thing is that they act like we're criminals for bringing in TSBs.

I think this survey is pretty bang on.

10e
Old 09-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

As much as I hate to say this Nissan will be the last car I'll ever own if that rating continues to go down, and they continue to "cheapen" their product line, and their customer service keeps going down the hole

So this car is the last car you'll ever own... Well I hope you're really old, because getting a car to last you 40 years or whatever will be pretty tough.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by h2kFrosty
So this car is the last car you'll ever own... Well I hope you're really old, because getting a car to last you 40 years or whatever will be pretty tough.

What I meant was by the time I get rid of my '98 SE, my next car won't be a Nissan, but who knows, if Nissan gets thier $hit together over the years maybe I'd consider another Nissan but too early to tell at this point
Old 09-09-2003, 06:00 PM

I'm like you. My 2K2 Max and Y2K Quest are probably the last Nissans I'll ever own. Dont get me wrong; I love the sales folks (somewhat) and enjoy the price discounts but in the end, you're stuck with service advisors that make you prefer having your Nissan serviced by Mr Goodwrench instead.

Because of Nissan's service practices, I'll be switching back to Hondas (or Toyota should they decide to reintroduce HORSEPOWER to their cars.)

Peace.