5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: CASH-IN-HAND buyers for TechnoSquare ECU
Cali-spec 5spd
26.19%
Cali-spec Auto
26.19%
Fed-spec 5spd
15.48%
Fed-spec Auto
32.14%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

$$$$$$$$$2K-2K1 Owners with $600 CASH-IN-HAND ready for TechnoSquare ECU?$$$$$$$$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

$$$$$$$$$2K-2K1 Owners with $600 CASH-IN-HAND ready for TechnoSquare ECU?$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just like to know who would drop ~$600 TODAY for a TechnoSquare ECU that gave ~10+whp STOCK and a 7100rpm redline?

TechnoSquare 2K2+ and 350z ECU webpage:
http://www.technosquareinc.com/maxima.htm
http://www.technosquareinc.com/350z.htm

2K2+ Maxima TS ECU thread w/DYNO:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=250541

PLEASE...No b!shing, no whinning, no haters. Just 100% for sure people who would buy it withOUT a doubt. RIGHT NOW! If it was available.

TechnoSquare ECU CASH-IN-HAND(once available) Buyers:
1)IceY2K1(2K1/5spd)
2)Max_Gator(2K/Fed/5spd)
3)3.0HO(2K1/5spd)
4)Kev(2K/Cali/auto)
5)NisMo-Max(2K1/auto)
6)MyownNismo(2K/Fed/auto)
7)UMD_MaxSE(2K/Cali/auto)
8)boba_phatt(2K/Fed/auto)
9)twinpower(2K/Fed/5spd)
10)mdeal(2K/Fed/auto)
11)2K2DEMAX(2K/Cali/5spd)
12)DOM(2K/???/5spd)
13)HitManSE(2K1/auto)
14)Tim01MaxSE(2K1/5spd)
15)maximum_rpm_nyc(2K/???/auto) and (2K1/5spd)
16)foodmanry(2K/Cali/auto)
17)mad2kmax(2K/Fed/5spd)
18)Galo(2K1/5spd)
19)Smokin' X-press(2K1/5spd)
20)OSoFast(2K/Fed/auto)
21)jlageman(2K/Cali/auto)
22)lowmaxima(2K1/5spd)<~~~AE Version
23)BlackBIRDVQ(2K1/5spd)
24)IWNTMORHP!!(2K/Cali/auto)
25)Luquire(2K1/5spd)
26)LatinMax(2K/Fed/auto)
27)h2kFrosty(2K1/5spd)
28)ToYLeT902(2K1/5spd)
29)chris'smax(2K/Fed/auto)
30)amaxeatinvtecs(2K1/auto)
31)Green_2(2K1/5spd)
32)doublea(2K1/auto)
33)Ghase(2K/Cali/auto)
34)sighere(2K1/auto)
35)baltomax2001(2K1/5spd)
36)frankieduxAE(2K1/5spd)
37)purekoryo(2K/Cali/5spd)
38)mad2kmax(2K/Fed/5spd)
39)arron01SE(2K1/5spd)
Old 10-03-2003, 09:28 AM

No, just vote since you are on my list and I already have your information.

I lost the replys when I moved the old thread, but Kev should have them back soon.

Originally Posted by MichaelAE
Am I supposed to reply again to this to re-confirm? If so, I'm still in.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:56 AM

*UPDATE*

Danny from TechnoSquare has been VERY very responsive to my emails. He asked for some pictures/schematics, which I provided with some help from a our favorite parts guru DAVEB. So far, Danny has said everything looks almost IDENTICAL to the 2K2+ ECU, except one pin on the ECU which shouldn't be a major concern. THIS IS STARTING TO LOOK PROMISING!

I ordered a SPARE ECU a couple minutes ago and will be sending it to Danny as soon as I receive it. From there, Danny will send it off to TS of Japan to be downloaded and see IF they can "crack" the code. Hopefully, the code is VERY similar to the VQ35 and they'll only take 2-3wks. to get back to us. After that, it's up to Danny to work his magic on the A/F and timing maps and HOPEFULLY extend the redline up to 7000rpm or so.

I am located in AZ and Danny is in Torrance, CA, so we are most likely going to need a volunteer(s) to try the ECU out and verify all is good. I'll wait for him to ask, however I'd like to hear from ANYONE interested, so I can put together another list of possible guinea pigs STOCK, modified, etc..

Also, we are going to WANT spare ECUs for Cali auto, Fed auto, and Fed 5spd, so start looking around at junkyards. The sooner we can get them to Danny, the sooner we can get them "cracked" and upgraded.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:23 PM

You're willing to drive to Torance, CA!!!! Sweeeeeeeet!

Originally Posted by Y2KSESteve
Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I'd be more than happy to volunteer as a tester.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
*UPDATE*

Danny from TechnoSquare has been VERY very responsive to my emails. He asked for some pictures/schematics, which I provided with some help from a our favorite parts guru DAVEB. So far, Danny has said everything looks almost IDENTICAL to the 2K2+ ECU, except one pin on the ECU which shouldn't be a major concern. THIS IS STARTING TO LOOK PROMISING!

I ordered a SPARE ECU a couple minutes ago and will be sending it to Danny as soon as I receive it. From there, Danny will send it off to TS of Japan to be downloaded and see IF they can "crack" the code. Hopefully, the code is VERY similar to the VQ35 and they'll only take 2-3wks. to get back to us. After that, it's up to Danny to work his magic on the A/F and timing maps and HOPEFULLY extend the redline up to 7000rpm or so.

I am located in AZ and Danny is in Torrance, CA, so we are most likely going to need a volunteer(s) to try the ECU out and verify all is good. I'll wait for him to ask, however I'd like to hear from ANYONE interested, so I can put together another list of possible guinea pigs STOCK, modified, etc..

Also, we are going to WANT spare ECUs for Cali auto, Fed auto, and Fed 5spd, so start looking around at junkyards. The sooner we can get them to Danny, the sooner we can get them "cracked" and upgraded.

I can definitley get my hands on a spare ECU for a Fed auto. I would definitley like to volunteer to be a guinea pig.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:24 PM

Where are you located and are you STOCK/willing to return to stock?

Originally Posted by chris'smax
I can definitley get my hands on a spare ECU for a Fed auto. I would definitley like to volunteer to be a guinea pig.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:15 PM
JET Speed Lab

Could i use this to tune my car rather than using a S-AFC?
Old 10-08-2003, 01:07 PM

what about std tranny cali spec
Old 10-08-2003, 01:15 PM

That's what I'm sending them as soon as it arrives.

We need the OTHER ECUs to verify if they can be "cracked" and reprogrammed also.

Originally Posted by Luquire
what about std tranny cali spec
Old 10-08-2003, 03:52 PM
The non-postwhoring Org member

I would be willing to let them use my car to test a modded Cali spec Auto.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:12 PM

I'll let Danny know and definitely keep you in mind, but we MUST find stock guinea pigs FIRST.

Originally Posted by Regime
I would be willing to let them use my car to test a modded Cali spec Auto.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Do you need volunteers to get ECUs per application? I might be able to pick up a 2k fed spec ECU... Is that all they would need?
Old 10-08-2003, 04:28 PM

Yes...however try and get a key w/chip that went with the ECU if possible. Sometimes they only sell the key with the ignition for like $50.

Do you need volunteers to get ECUs per application? I might be able to pick up a 2k fed spec ECU... Is that all they would need?
Old 10-12-2003, 08:55 AM

2001 cali 5spd.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:55 PM

Where are you located and are you STOCK/willing to return to stock?

I'm sorry man,
I got excited when reading your update and didn't realize you live in AZ. I live in Baton Rouge Louisiana so I don't think I can be of any help. I am stock and I can get my hands on a spare ECU so if i can still be of any help just pm me.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:32 AM

I think we should wait until Danny gets word back from Techtom on whether or not they were able to download the source code from my SPARE ECU before we waste money on buying and mailing ECUs to TechnoSquare. However, if you can score one for cheap, then PLEASE get it so we can mail it to Danny. As soon as Techtom verifies they can download the source code, we'll mail if off ASAP.

We NEED volunteers near TORRANCE, CA at least to *TRY* the ECU to make sure it starts/runs withOUT any glitches. The immobilizer shouldn't be a problem, since they can simply unplug your ECU, copy the immobilizer info to my SPARE, and then plug the SPARE into your car.

Also, if you are STOCK and willing to allow them to dyno your car, they'll need it for awhile, since it takes ~40mins. for each NEW flash download between each change they attempt and verify on the dyno. Kind of a tedious process that took weeks on Chestons 350z, however now they know what they are looking for so it *SHOULDN'T* take near that long.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:07 AM

This thing is getting on me, even if at first I was quick to say it doesn't seam to worth it, but after reflections and though, I change my mind.

I decided to take a new direction in my car project, instead of going force induction first, I'm now thinking of rebuilding the engine first and get the maximum hp-torque potential, then I'll have a better engine to FI.

After all I think 600$ is not that much, 10whp in conjunction with other addition like Cattman headers, fuel system, injectors, cams and all the available bolt-on plus rebuilding the engine, should give me very nice gain.

I dont have the cash right now and I would prefer to no go in debt by using my cc . Let me know how long that would take before we have to drop the cash. I' m going to verify locally if I can find a spare ECU. My maxima is Cali spec auto.

Cheers

AA
Old 10-13-2003, 11:15 AM

NP...

I think people are going to be PLEASANTLY surprised with the added area under the curve. Peak power increase might not be all that impressive NA and STOCK, however having an extended redline on this engine will be VERY useful IMO.

Don't worry about the money now, it's going to be AT LEAST a month or so, since it's heading off to Japan.

Originally Posted by doublea
This thing is getting on me, even if at first I was quick to say it doesn't seam to worth it, but after reflections and though, I change my mind.

I decided to take a new direction in my car project, instead of going force induction first, I'm now thinking of rebuilding the engine first and get the maximum hp-torque potential, then I'll have a better engine to FI.

After all I think 600$ is not that much, 10whp in conjunction with other addition like Cattman headers, fuel system, injectors, cams and all the available bolt-on plus rebuilding the engine, should give me very nice gain.

I dont have the cash right now and I would prefer to no go in debt by using my cc . Let me know how long that would take before we have to drop the cash. I' m going to verify locally if I can find a spare ECU. My maxima is Cali spec auto.

Cheers

AA
Old 10-14-2003, 01:14 AM
SLOW

NP...

I think people are going to be PLEASANTLY surprised with the added area under the curve. Peak power increase might not be all that impressive NA and STOCK, however having an extended redline on this engine will be VERY useful IMO.
I agree. To reiterate what he said...

I gained a whopping 2 whp and 3wtq at peak from my JWT ECU... but my 1/4 mile time went down .3-.4 and my trap speeds went up 3mph. This was basically due to a 7200rpm redline and a little added punch in the midrange.

Area under the curve > peak gains
Old 10-14-2003, 12:19 PM

Neal

Thank you NA 1/4-mile god!

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
I agree. To reiterate what he said...

I gained a whopping 2 whp and 3wtq at peak from my JWT ECU... but my 1/4 mile time went down .3-.4 and my trap speeds went up 3mph. This was basically due to a 7200rpm redline and a little added punch in the midrange.

Area under the curve > peak gains
Old 10-16-2003, 01:07 PM

*UPDATE*

The 2K1 5spd ECU is on its way to Japan in the hands of a TS employee as I type this. He'll be back NEXT WEEK, so we *should* have news on how it goes very soon.

Now.....we MUST locate a 2K1 auto ECU ASAP! We have a member who's graciously volunteered the use of his car, however this is a SHORT term offer. He's getting rid of the car in about a month, but willing to let Danny use it as a guinea pig FIRST.

Someone NEEDS to step up here and mail their ECU NOW to TS or we may miss this GOLDEN opportunity to have it dyno tuned. Again, this is for the 2K1 auto Owners ONLY at this time, but TS will need the other ECUs very soon also.

Let me know ASAP by email/PM, if you have a SPARE ECU or are willing to have some downtime and send your STOCK ECU.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:44 PM
The non-postwhoring Org member

You have Mail!
Old 10-16-2003, 04:41 PM

Back at you!

Originally Posted by Regime
You have Mail!
Old 10-16-2003, 04:42 PM

ANY stock 2K1 5spd. Owners in the Torrance, CA area?
Old 10-16-2003, 05:22 PM

Hmmm...just how much down time are we talking about here

edit: Btw-I called for a price on a ECU and damn this thing are nowere near cheap, not even MY price! I guess thats out of the question now
Old 10-16-2003, 05:33 PM

2-3wks. withOUT tuning

They're between $70-$250 and WAY way up for used ones at www.car-parts.com.

Originally Posted by HitManSE
Hmmm...just how much down time are we talking about here

edit: Btw-I called for a price on a ECU and damn this thing are nowere near cheap, not even MY price! I guess thats out of the question now
Old 10-17-2003, 12:58 AM

2-3wks. withOUT tuning

They're between $70-$250 and WAY way up for used ones at www.car-parts.com.
Depending on how soon they need it, I say we just pitch in and get a used one and get it out there. I want to just yank mine out, but 2-3weeks of downtime...I just cant afford that much time down. If we can get a used for...( I just checked carparts and they dont even have a listing for 01 maxima damnit )
I guess ill make a few more calls tomorrow, Im sure I can find one at a good price from a wrecked 01 or something
If we can get like 10 members with to pitch in like $40-50, obviously the more that pitch in the smaller the peices of the pie, we'll see. Im gonna make a few more calls tomorrow.

What I was planning to do was get one cheap from the aftermarket, yank mine out and throw the aftermarket one in just so I can drive the car while mine is being re-programmed, then just pop the TS one in and return the aftermarket unit but they didnt have anything listed, what luck.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:59 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Depending on how soon they need it, I say we just pitch in and get a used one and get it out there. I want to just yank mine out, but 2-3weeks of downtime...I just cant afford that much time down. If we can get a used for...( I just checked carparts and they dont even have a listing for 01 maxima damnit )
I guess ill make a few more calls tomorrow, Im sure I can find one at a good price from a wrecked 01 or something
If we can get like 10 members with to pitch in like $40-50, obviously the more that pitch in the smaller the peices of the pie, we'll see. Im gonna make a few more calls tomorrow.

What I was planning to do was get one cheap from the aftermarket, yank mine out and throw the aftermarket one in just so I can drive the car while mine is being re-programmed, then just pop the TS one in and return the aftermarket unit but they didnt have anything listed, what luck.
I will check salvage yards for the 2k1 spd ECU. and for each one you need.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
I will check salvage yards for the 2k1 spd ECU. and for each one you need.
I belive we have a 01 (cali-spec) 5spd ECU, I know we need the 01 (cali-spec) auto ECU. I have no clue about the fed spec 00's ECU (5spd or auto), do they have those Ice?
Old 10-17-2003, 09:21 AM

Oops...I swore you had a 2K.

I've got a FEW 2K1 auto ECUs including an AE(FREE ~5hp right there w/upgrade! ) in the works. I'm just trying to get everything lined up.

We need ALL 2K ECUs, ie FED auto and 5spd and Cali auto and 5spd.

Old 10-17-2003, 12:19 PM

Anybody with a 2K1 5spd in the Torrance, CA area that's willing to be a TechnoSquare guinea pig, PLEASE let me know ASAP by email/PM.

We *COULD* be dyno tuning as early as next week!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:44 PM

I'd be willing to help purchase a 2k Fed spec ECU...
Old 10-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

I'd be willing to help purchase a 2k Fed spec ECU...

I have a 2k Fed Spec Auto. I would be willing to donate my ECU. I have a roomate that can drive around so my car can sit. You said downtime would be about 2 weeks. PM or e-mail me.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:03 PM

Yes, a minimum of 2wks. for the ECU to get to Japan and back(even 3wks. if delayed), but that doesn't include 2-3days for you to ship to Technosquare in Cali and 2-3days for them to ship it back MINIMUM.

The first step is to get the source code from an ECU. That requires the trip to Japan. After that, we need a dyno guinea-pig in Torrance, CA to tweak the source code.

Do NOT buy any FED-spec ECUs until we hear back from TS on whether or not they were successful next week. As soon as we hear that, we should get an auto and 5spd ECU on its way to TS ASAP.

I have a 2k Fed Spec Auto. I would be willing to donate my ECU. I have a roomate that can drive around so my car can sit. You said downtime would be about 2 weeks. PM or e-mail me.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:55 PM

Old 10-17-2003, 03:35 PM

If this works out and we want to send TS a spare, how do we know the spare we are sending them is at least equal to what is presently in the car before they begin the brainwashin' procedure?

During my TSB trips to the dealership over the years, the dealership may have flashed my ECU whereas the spare I am purchasing may not have been flashed.

Would TS modifiy some parts or would it be a complete flash?
Old 10-17-2003, 04:41 PM

VERY very good question! I also asked Danny this and him and I went back and forth quite a few times.

Basically, whatever software the ECU has when it is sent to TS will be overwritten, ie gone, with the TS upgraded flash program. The TS upgrade for a particular car, ie 2K1 Cali 5spd, starts out life as whatever software the DONOR ECU sent to Japan had. Then the tweaks are added and *THAT* is flashed into all the upgraded ECUs for that particular year/emmisions/tranny/TCS or non-TCS ECU.

Any TSBs you've had will no longer be there, if the DONOR ECU that went to Japan didn't have them(I'm *TRYING* to make sure it's a VIRGIN ECU, but it's not easy!). Originally, I thought about making sure the DONOR ECU that went to Japan had all the latest and greatest TSBs performed, so that anyone who bought the upgrade would effectively be getting all the TSBs included. However, this would cause problems for anyone who didn't have the corresponding hardware TSB upgrades, like a new MAF or 02s. People currently with ECU software TSBs will have to go to the dealer to have them performed AGAIN. I recommend having a SPARE ECU sent to TS just incase, so you have your STOCK for backup.

I know it's a pain, but it's the only way since they keep changing and there is NO WAY TS could keep up.

Also, I will lose my "Fuel-Cut" TSB, however I felt like I lost some throttle-response for marginal improvement in on/off throttle sensitivity and I think people who don't have the Fuel-cut TSB wouldn't be happy if their ECU came back sluggish in normal everyday driving YET produced gains at WOT.

In other words, if you currently have ECU software TSBs, you'll need to think twice about this mod.

Originally Posted by mdeal
If this works out and we want to send TS a spare, how do we know the spare we are sending them is at least equal to what is presently in the car before they begin the brainwashin' procedure?

During my TSB trips to the dealership over the years, the dealership may have flashed my ECU whereas the spare I am purchasing may not have been flashed.

Would TS modifiy some parts or would it be a complete flash?
Old 10-17-2003, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the lengthly explanation. You explained it better than I asked.

I understand the dilemma of where the starting point would be, but I would like to throw my 2 cents in and say the automatic transmissions would like the slow shift TSB kept and the manual transmissions people would probably like to keep the fuel-cut thingy.

The second question I had, which has not really been addressed directly, is what exactly TS will be changing? It was stated some whp and a redline bump would result, but I do not recall reading anything as to how they will achieve this. I would like to know specifically what they plan on adjusting.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Also my ecu has been upadated but not done for any TSB's does that mean mines a virgin ECU. Also wanna look here for ECU it has for all types. www.uneedapart.com
Old 10-19-2003, 12:29 PM

Right now, I'm just trying to get SOMETHING working. Maybe IF Danny gets enough orders and people want a TSB included program, he'll be willing to send off another ECU with all the TSB updates to Japan. Again, this all depends on demand and right now we're just trying to get something working.

We don't know for sure, but I'm hoping EXACTLY what they did for the 2K2+ guys, ie raised limiter, 12.5:1 A/F ratio, removed speed limiter, and maybe some timing adjustments.

We'll find out more once we get some dyno tuning/tweaking on what they can hammer out.

Originally Posted by mdeal
Thanks for the lengthly explanation. You explained it better than I asked.

I understand the dilemma of where the starting point would be, but I would like to throw my 2 cents in and say the automatic transmissions would like the slow shift TSB kept and the manual transmissions people would probably like to keep the fuel-cut thingy.

The second question I had, which has not really been addressed directly, is what exactly TS will be changing? It was stated some whp and a redline bump would result, but I do not recall reading anything as to how they will achieve this. I would like to know specifically what they plan on adjusting.

Quick Reply: $$$$$$$$$2K-2K1 Owners with $600 CASH-IN-HAND ready for TechnoSquare ECU?$$$$$$$$$$$$