5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone have bluetooth kit installed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Anyone have bluetooth kit installed?

I am seriously interested in getting one of these. I am thinking of getting the Sony Ericsson, Bluetooth™ Car Handsfree HCB-30. It looks sick!! Check it out!

http://shopwireless.sonyericsson.com...+ERICSSON+T616

The t616 is one of the phones that I own. I probably can get it for cheaper than the $199 price by ordering it from cingular directly. They have an extra mail-in rebate for it.

Let me know what you guys think.
Does anyone have a Bluetooth kit installed yet?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:25 AM

Bump. Do you guys even know what Bluetooth is? Its really cool. Click on the link and read about it. Does it sound stupid or cool to you guys? New Lexuses and Acuras come with this as an option from the factory now.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:30 AM

I think its cool...and a good idea....just a little pricey
Old 10-07-2003, 09:55 AM

I have a Sony T68 which is bluetooth enabled and has an IR transmitter. I have a bluetooth headset for it and works great. I can be up to 20 feet away from my cell and still make and receive calls. Haven't tried the car handsfree adapter. I am happy with the headset so far.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:41 AM
NT2SHBBY

unless ur drivin in a stretch limo or Maybach, what in the hell would u need a 20 ft reach for in a car???

Old 10-07-2003, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
unless ur drivin in a stretch limo or Maybach, what in the hell would u need a 20 ft reach for in a car???

Posted by jyznaga
I have a bluetooth headset for it and works great.
He did say he has the Head set not the car kit. This allows him to put his phone in a drawer and operate it w/ his voice and a couple of buttons on the ear piece.

I used to have the t68i and I still have the bluetooth headset (which works with any b-tooth phone), and if you have the same one that I had it is super light and super stylish.

For in the car however i guess 20 feet is not neccisary but it would allow you to not even take the phone out of your pocket! The kit senses the phone in the car and automatically activates. You then can control the phone w/ your voice and a couple of buttons(installed switch that looks great) without even takeing it out of your pocket. The car kit would make it like a speaker phone. I guess if you have the headset you could just wear that while you are driving, but I hate putting those things on my head.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by cwebb
I am seriously interested in getting one of these. I am thinking of getting the Sony Ericsson, Bluetooth™ Car Handsfree HCB-30. It looks sick!! Check it out!

http://shopwireless.sonyericsson.com...+ERICSSON+T616

The t616 is one of the phones that I own. I probably can get it for cheaper than the $199 price by ordering it from cingular directly. They have an extra mail-in rebate for it.

Let me know what you guys think.
Does anyone have a Bluetooth kit installed yet?
Yea but you still need the headset with that, so it will cost you about $300 that's if you can find the headset for $100....and tax + shipping
Old 10-07-2003, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by LovE_N_HatE_MaX
Yea but you still need the headset with that, so it will cost you about $300 that's if you can find the headset for $100....and tax + shipping
As stated in the previous post, I already have the blue tooth head set(cost about $130 from cingular last year). I belive that the car kit makes it into a speaker phone using a hard wired mic and your existing car stereo speakers.

It looks like you might not have read the whole thread, which is only a couple of posts long.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:46 PM

Someone said something about bluetooth? If anyone want to buy it, NEVER go to the retail store and buy them. It's a rip off.

As for cars with bluetooth, Mercedes is also making it standard in 2004 cars.

Bluetooth has been out for two years now, and it's actually catching on pretty fast. The max. distance is 30 feet, and it can penetrate through walls. It's great for the office. Just leave the phone on your desk and walk around with a wireless headset. I've been using it for 2 years and no complaints at all.
Keep in mind that not only Sony ericsson phones have bluetooth, most highend cell phones do have it.

As for that car kit, I don't recommend it. I would just prefer if it came factory installed. Just looks "cleaner" to me.