5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Okay ? Someone is smokin a Big Fatty !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 07:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Okay ? Someone is smokin a Big Fatty !!!!

http://www.chevrolet.com/impala/ss_performance_hi.htm

Go to this link which should be the page for the new Supercharged Impala SS. There are two links below for video's and then a link for offical data. Open this and look at what they have the 2004 and 2003 Maxima's listed at for 1/4 mile times. It's bullsh**

Then even more of an insult look at what they have the Altima 3.5SE listed at for 1/4 Time - 16.77 KEEP SMOKIN A** Wipes.

I want to know where they get there numbers from. They have the accord EX listed as a 15.3 yeah like that will happen with a stock accord.

Some one needs to talk to the guys that are providing these numbers. Chevy is boasting that the Impalla SS is faster and more nimble that our cars but they are also comparing us and the Impalla with a Taurus SES and A Camery. WTF !!!!!!!

Sorry had to vent when I saw this

Later
Old 10-23-2003, 07:45 AM

They'll do anything to sell a car..which is sad. However not so sad..when the person who bought is so hyped about being faster.....and then you wax his a$$. Long story short...maybe its actually a good thing..this way people will think we are slow, till you pull a total sleeper on them. I think your more worried about your friends calling bs about your car being fast since chevy says its so slow. If they do tell them to race ya or shut it.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:50 AM

It looks like they mixed and matched the trannys between the comparison cars. Then again, it also looks like Car and Driver was driving the cars too.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:59 AM

What BS. A stock 03 max in AUTO does 14.9 at the track all day long
Old 10-23-2003, 08:00 AM
NT2SHBBY

damn...gimme some of that good ish...

i wanna believe my 03 does 10 sec 1/4 miles

Old 10-23-2003, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
i wanna believe my 03 does 10 sec 1/4 miles
Stop smoking that crap...this is what it does to u
Old 10-23-2003, 08:05 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally Posted by Igor911
Stop smoking that crap...this is what it does to u

smoking chronic=no arachnoid brain cysts...

fooling around with jailbait that don't give it up=cysts and bent evo5's

Old 10-23-2003, 08:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by studman
It looks like they mixed and matched the trannys between the comparison cars. Then again, it also looks like Car and Driver was driving the cars too.
According to these *******s both the 04 Max and the 03 Accord have a faster 1/4 mile time than the 03 Max!
Old 10-23-2003, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
smoking chronic=no arachnoid brain cysts...

fooling around with jailbait that don't give it up=cysts and bent evo5's

haha I hate u lol...what ever happened to ur AIM acct.

Back to topic: That website is full of ****
Old 10-23-2003, 08:17 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally Posted by Igor911
haha I hate u lol...what ever happened to ur AIM acct.

Back to topic: That website is full of ****

no AIM at temp location....be patient my russian comie......once my office gets redone, i'll be whorin it up plenty!

Old 10-23-2003, 09:17 AM

Use the contact GM link to tell them what you think, I did.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by infinitiblast
They'll do anything to sell a car..which is sad. However not so sad..when the person who bought is so hyped about being faster.....and then you wax his a$$. Long story short...maybe its actually a good thing..this way people will think we are slow, till you pull a total sleeper on them. I think your more worried about your friends calling bs about your car being fast since chevy says its so slow. If they do tell them to race ya or shut it.
I was just curious to see if the new impalla had the new GTP SuperCharger or the standard 240HP 3.8. It has the standard 240HP 3.8 which is what is in the Regal GS and they are labeled to weigh the same. My friend has a Regal GS stock and it really doesn't compare to my stock max we have raced a few times.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:53 AM

The only way that the Max would have that kind of time in the quarter would be if it was towing the Impala.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by desperado_45
Use the contact GM link to tell them what you think, I did.
Good point I will do that. I just wonder how they can get away with some of this stuff. Most smaller business's would have been taken to court for false advertising. You know come to think about it I have seen Ford, Chevy, Dodge and allot of other Manufacturers have done this kinda crap but as far as I know Nissan has never treaded down that path.

I guess the 2 that got me the most were the Accord EX and the Altima times I mean they had the accord more than a second faster than the Alti 3.5Se. I have raced a new accord with the 240HP V6 and the 6 speed and let me tell you that car is no where around the 15.3 mark and he even had a hard launch.

Then again infinitiblast is right let them believe what they wish let them pair up next to a Max and have the confidence of 10 men and let them walk away with their tales between their legs
Old 10-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Jr
http://www.chevrolet.com/impala/ss_performance_hi.htm

Go to this link which should be the page for the new Supercharged Impala SS. There are two links below for video's and then a link for offical data. Open this and look at what they have the 2004 and 2003 Maxima's listed at for 1/4 mile times. It's bullsh**

Then even more of an insult look at what they have the Altima 3.5SE listed at for 1/4 Time - 16.77 KEEP SMOKIN A** Wipes.

I want to know where they get there numbers from. They have the accord EX listed as a 15.3 yeah like that will happen with a stock accord.

Some one needs to talk to the guys that are providing these numbers. Chevy is boasting that the Impalla SS is faster and more nimble that our cars but they are also comparing us and the Impalla with a Taurus SES and A Camery. WTF !!!!!!!

Sorry had to vent when I saw this

Later

They need to throw a V8 in that SS...six cylinder super charged is all bad in that boat...i think the LT1 engine they put in the last SS in 96 is beter...now image that super charged
Old 10-23-2003, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by nytrida
They need to throw a V8 in that SS...six cylinder super charged is all bad in that boat...i think the LT1 engine they put in the last SS in 96 is beter...now image that super charged
Now that would be nice. A supercharged LS1 in the front end of the impalla

I think Nissan should put the new Full Size Path Finder motor in the max for 2005

What is it 305 HorsePower