5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stolend HID's AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 12:26 AM

Stolend HID's AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I left my car on the street for a couple of hours in Riverdale NY (Northern bronx, right on the hudson)... thinking hey it's cool i'm just going to enjoy my chinese take out with my gf at her place and then i'll head on home back to westchester.
I parked it around 5:30pm then at 11:30 as i'm walking up to my car i'm relieved that my alarm isn't tripped since the FIRST time they got stolen (when i chased them down the street) the f***ing bastards just cut the alarm (horn) and tripped the lights. But nooooooo when I did a double take before getting in the car sure enough they were GONE!!!
It's like getting a kick in the nutz to see your max w/o headlights. At least this time it's only 1800$ worth of damage instead of 4700$ when they stole them the first time.

If anyone faced the same fate in the bronx please let me know.
I've heard the word on the street that there's some sort of legit body shop that is a chop shop at night.

Thanks for listening ...
Old 10-24-2003, 06:20 AM

do yourself a favor and get AE lights and be done with it, after my 3 theft i gave up.... it sucks, but you can rest much easier at night.... i had insurance pay for HIDs, which now sit in a box in my house, and i bought AE lights and had them installed... i think non-AE lights would look better on a Silver max though, but too late...
Old 10-24-2003, 06:29 AM
JET Speed Lab

i see maxima's with no headlights all over the place... its sad
Old 10-24-2003, 06:31 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dude, sorry about this. I don't know if this would help, but I mixed up some JB Weld and spooged it all over the bolts and plastic parts that attach to the metal. I figure if they want my headlights take them damaged. If they ever need changed, I've been in an accident and the JB Weld stuff won't matter anyway.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:31 AM
Ben

Originally Posted by Domo Kun
do yourself a favor and get AE lights and be done with it, after my 3 theft i gave up.... it sucks, but you can rest much easier at night.... i had insurance pay for HIDs, which now sit in a box in my house, and i bought AE lights and had them installed... i think non-AE lights would look better on a Silver max though, but too late...
Would you consider selling your non-stolen HIDs? PM me if so.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:34 AM

You know what, i think i am going to hide behind a group of garbage cans one evening with a baseball bat or gun , when i am in NY in December, and park my Maxima by them. As soon as i see some fools that try to roll up on my ride and put there gruby hands on my Maxima , its fair game to whip there ***!!!!!Or shoot them depending how many are there participating in the act!

These good for nothing fools need to be made into an example for the rest of the would be crooks out there! It might make them question them selves , and ask "Is this really worth my life"? If some crook were executed on the spot! I have good lawyers , so i am not even worrying about repercsuions from my actions! This way there death would be broad casted all over the tri state area , letting fools no, if you going to steal some HIDS you better come with it , or not come at all!

I am crazy like that, i don't care i stake out infront of my Aunts house in queens and just watch the whole night if i have too!

Trust me around december time you might see me on the news, for real.......
Old 10-24-2003, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rafe
You know what, i think i am going to hide behind a group of garbage cans one evening with a baseball bat or gun , when i am in NY in December, and park my Maxima by them. As soon as i see some fools that try to roll up on my ride and put there gruby hands on my Maxima , its fair game to whip there ***!!!!!Or shoot them depending how many are there participating in the act!

These good for nothing fools need to be made into an example for the rest of the would be crooks out there! It might make them question them selves , and ask "Is this really worth my life"? If some crook were executed on the spot! I have good lawyers , so i am not even worrying about repercsuions from my actions! This way there death would be broad casted all over the tri state area , letting fools no, if you going to steal some HIDS you better come with it , or not come at all!

I am crazy like that, i don't care i stake out infront of my Aunts house in queens and just watch the whole night if i have too!

Trust me around december time you might see me on the news, for real.......
The problem may not be the DA or Prosecutors so much as the liberal lawyer that will be hired by the family of the HID crook that will sue you and your entire family for denying the civil rights of the crook's livelihood (or something like that).

I havent had my HIDs stolen (yet, thank the Lord) but, I feel the pain of you guys. Because I work in Weehawken,NJ, I pretty much have NO OPTION to bring my Max to work at anytime; therefore, it now sits in the garage until Saturday (the ONLY day I now drive it). As my lease approaches expiration, I may unload it (though I really dont want to).

I often thought of assembling a lynch mod of Org members to park a decoy 2k2 in a Northern NJ lot while we wait out of sight, then beat the living crap (not kill) the thief when they attempt to ****** the HIDs. (I'm thinking SWAT type gear with black ski masks.)

Peace.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:49 AM

Ok maybe i was to harsh! But if you or anybody ever want to assemble a team like that , i am definitely down! We can use my Max as bait!

I am just sick and tired of hearing these stories! I remember two years ago i was almost car jacked for my 1994 TTZ down here in Orlando Fl.
Boy did those guys pick on the wrong dude to mess with! They jumped out of there yellow POS CRX with tire irons, and one of the fools hit my windshield with the tire iron it shattered my winshield which caused me to snap!

I got out the car in full rage and the fool came around and try to swing and hit me with the tire iron, i caught the tire iron with my hand and snatched it from him and proceed to beat him in the face with it!He was on the ground screaming in agony, while his friend watched in horror! He decided to play hero and he smashed the tire iron over my back, but because i was in so much rage i didn't even feel it! I turned to him and went after him and he threw the tire iron at me!

He jumped in his CRX , and before he could start his POS CRX, i punched my fist through the window and started to beat the **** out of him ! He was screaming like a girl, and trying to geta way from me! He finally got it started and i he hit the gas, i grabed his head and all you heard was a ripping sound !I looked down and i had a fist of hair in my hand!

He split and left his friend for dead! Coward ***got!!

All this non-sense took place during 5:00 rush hour traffic in broad day light! No one got out there car to help me take down these fools! Although a nice lady did call the cops for me! The one guy was hurt badly and his face seen better days after i got done with him, he was still on the ground in shameless pain!!!

Fortunately the bystanderds told the cops what happened and that all i was doing was defending myself. Long story short ,no charges was put on me, the guy who i beat the **** out of, went to the hospital , and was charged with attempted grand theft, the CRX was reported stolen and abandoned in a orange grove with blood stains on the driver seat!

I work too danm hard for some fools to try and take my stuff!!!! Unless you have a gun , i will fight you to the death ,for real! Losers need to get a job if they want the stuff i have!

Crooks think hard working people are just sheep , and if we threaten them they'll just give up there goods without a fight! There dead wrong!!!!! I take no mess from anybody! I am a weight lifter and a body builder, and i would put the boom on anybody that thinks they will take my stuff willingly!

Those two learned the hard way about trying to attain somebody elses possesions with force, it almost cost them there life! And if i have to do, i will do it again!
Old 10-24-2003, 09:31 AM

Ok maybe i was to harsh! But if you or anybody ever want to assemble a team like that , i am definitely down! We can use my Max as bait!

I am just sick and tired of hearing these stories! I remember two years ago i was almost car jacked for my 1994 TTZ down here in Orlando Fl.
Boy did those guys pick on the wrong dude to mess with! They jumped out of there yellow POS CRX with tire irons, and one of the fools hit my windshield with the tire iron it shattered my winshield which caused me to snap!

I got out the car in full rage and the fool came around and try to swing and hit me with the tire iron, i caught the tire iron with my hand and snatched it from him and proceed to beat him in the face with it!He was on the ground screaming in agony, while his friend watched in horror! He decided to play hero and he smashed the tire iron over my back, but because i was in so much rage i didn't even feel it! I turned to him and went after him and he threw the tire iron at me!

He jumped in his CRX , and before he could start his POS CRX, i punched my fist through the window and started to beat the **** out of him ! He was screaming like a girl, and trying to geta way from me! He finally got it started and i he hit the gas, i grabed his head and all you heard was a ripping sound !I looked down and i had a fist of hair in my hand!

All this non-sense took place during 5:00 rush hour traffic in broad day light! No one got out there car to help me take down these fools! Although a nice lady did call the cops for me! The one guy was hurt badly and his face seen better days after i got done with him, he was still on the ground in shameless pain!!!

Fortunately the bystanderds told the cops what happened and that all i was doing was defending myself. Long story short ,no charges was put on me, the guy who i beat the **** out of, went to the hospital , and was charged with attempted grand theft, the CRX was reported stolen and abandoned in a orange grove with blood stains on the driver seat!

I work too danm hard for some fools to try and take my stuff!!!! Unless you have a gun , i will fight you to the death ,for real! Losers need to get a job if they want the stuff i have!

Crooks think hard working people are just sheep , and if we threaten them they'll just give up there goods without a fight! There dead wrong!!!!! I take no mess from anybody! I am a weight lifter and a body builder, and i would put the boom on anybody that thinks they will take my stuff willingly!

Those two learned the hard way about trying to attain somebody elses possesions with force, it almost cost them there life! And if i have to do, i will do it again!
Thanks for sharing that; I think you were justified.

Along the same lines as your "sheep" comment, I sincerely believe that if gun laws were relaxed (translation: law abiding citizens being allowed to carry firearms freely), we'd see a huge reduction in crime rates; if that terd in his POS CRX had to pressume that you're packing a Glock, he probably would not have done anything.

As the saying goes, an armed society is a polite society.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:11 AM

Hey Rafe, i'm really sorry to hear this! As a fellow Orlando resident this freaks me out, cuz what if i'm next. I read some of these posts about guys in and around NY getting their stuff jacked and thought it wasn't around here.....but guess not. Guess i need to step up my vigalence and keep my eyes peeled especially as i'm starting to hook up the ride!
Old 10-24-2003, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Manaz101
Hey Rafe, i'm really sorry to hear this! As a fellow Orlando resident this freaks me out, cuz what if i'm next. I read some of these posts about guys in and around NY getting their stuff jacked and thought it wasn't around here.....but guess not. Guess i need to step up my vigalence and keep my eyes peeled especially as i'm starting to hook up the ride!

Definitely keep your eyes peeled at intersections, if your from Orlando , my incident happened right on the corner of Goldenrod RD and the 408 exist, by lake underhill rd.

Feel free to hook up your car but be weary of predators that look out for people who look easy to rip off. There out there.....

Affortunately there hasn't been any HID rip offs as i know of yet down here, so i think were pretty safe for the most part, for now.....

If i see somebody circling my ride that i do not know about , i always ask in a firm and loud voice,"CAN I HELP YOU?!!!". If there legit , they will be like ,"oh nice ride", etc,. If not there usually startled and start stumbling over there words then take off really fast. Those are the no gooders! Fools!
Old 10-24-2003, 11:54 AM

wow.... we been getting these prblems on the org a lot now. I live in Boston, and I have seen missing BMW lheadlights, and some **** scratched my hood. So mad.... but if you guy are going to assemble a team in NY, count me and my other three MAX friends in. I want to punch a crook.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by F23A4

Along the same lines as your "sheep" comment, I sincerely believe that if gun laws were relaxed (translation: law abiding citizens being allowed to carry firearms freely), we'd see a huge reduction in crime rates; if that terd in his POS CRX had to pressume that you're packing a Glock, he probably would not have done anything.

I totally agree F23A4! I think its so rediculous punks just stealing stuff right in front of your face, the nerve of these people!

They say don't fight back and let crook do whatever he pleases,HORSESHIOT!!!!!! Well if he is going to kill you anyway,i rather go out fighting. I read most crooks are thrown off, if you start acting nuts, because there not expecting the innocent to react to there act of violence. And most crooks don't want the hassle if you look like you are going to give them trouble. If you look easy , there going to to go after you.Don't be a victim to this foolishness!
Old 10-24-2003, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by hail7783

So I left my car on the street for a couple of hours in Riverdale NY (Northern bronx, right on the hudson)... thinking hey it's cool i'm just going to enjoy my chinese take out with my gf at her place and then i'll head on home back to westchester.
I parked it around 5:30pm then at 11:30 as i'm walking up to my car i'm relieved that my alarm isn't tripped since the FIRST time they got stolen (when i chased them down the street) the f***ing bastards just cut the alarm (horn) and tripped the lights. But nooooooo when I did a double take before getting in the car sure enough they were GONE!!!
It's like getting a kick in the nutz to see your max w/o headlights. At least this time it's only 1800$ worth of damage instead of 4700$ when they stole them the first time.

If anyone faced the same fate in the bronx please let me know.
I've heard the word on the street that there's some sort of legit body shop that is a chop shop at night.

Thanks for listening ...

I feel your pain, bro. My HID's were stolen in Queens about 2 weeks ago. But I immediately went to the shop and had the guys install some nice halogens (not AE). $800 and it was done. The guys who took my lights were very clean about the whole thing so I didn't have that much damage. Now I'm just considering swapping my taillight lenses for the black instead of the clear I have on my '03 right now. All I need is for some a$$hole to see my tails, and rip the headlights out before he notices they're halogens.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:20 PM

I live in a state (Michigan) where you can get a CCP (concealed carry permit) 200 bucks and a few week class, and you can pack (.45 A.C.P. is the funest). It has not helped lower crime, in fact people still try to start stuff - they must not think that I am armed. Anyhow if people dont mess with me their wont be a problem.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by desperado_45
I live in a state (Michigan) where you can get a CCP (concealed carry permit) 200 bucks and a few week class, and you can pack (.45 A.C.P. is the funest). It has not helped lower crime, in fact people still try to start stuff - they must not think that I am armed. Anyhow if people dont mess with me their wont be a problem.
If law abiding citizens are armed (in general), I do not believe there will be any increase in crime. Yeah, you'll have the few total nut cases that see no problem with "going down in a blaze of glory" (like the West Hollywood shoutout). But that'll be the exception not the rule.

If violent career criminals know they may not walk away from their own criminal encounter, they will think twice.

The ONLY problem I think may occur with CCPs, is in regions of the country where you have problems of road rage. Road rage is generally a problem that occurs in areas where population density is relatively high; I CAN see an increase of instances where people may "pull their piece" over stupid stuff.

Bottomline: empower violent criminals with gun laws that restrict law-abiding citizens OR empower law abiding citizens with the ability to FULLY defend themselves.

Peace.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:12 PM

Let me preface my statement by saying that I'm all for the second amendment and I'm all for grievous harm coming to those who steal HID's or anything else for that matter. But regular folks packing handguns is not the answer. If it were, there'd be little to no crime in most of Texas, and that just ain't the case. No one commits a crime thinking it won't work. If they thought it wouldn't work, they wouldn't do it, and people are committing crimes all over the place. Also, self defense is a very subjective thing and you take a big chance counting on it to keep you out of jail. If a guy approaches me with a knife or a baseball bat and I shoot him and kill him, that's NOT self defense. You need to prove that you had no other alternative, or in some states, that an individual was trespassing on your property at the time. Yes, you might get off the hook, but you might also do 6 years for manslaughter because some scumbag wanted your lights. You'll notice in Rafe's story above, there were lots of witnesses, and no one was killed. That's a far cry from shooting someone in the chest when they're digging at the hood of your car in the middle of the night. I applaud Rafe and his refusal to be a victim, but he took a chance doing what he did. What if the second carjacker was a regular citizen with a legal gun in his pocket and instead of hitting Rafe in the back he shot him in the spine. Then he might be typing his post from a wheelchair. Don't get me wrong. Those guys came at Rafe with crowbars and obvious violence, and I think he did the right thing. He was in grave danger. I would have probably done the same. Like they say, better to be tried by twelve than carried by six, but lots of guys who do the right thing get shot and killed for it. Now, if you can find out who stole your HID's and then, about 8 months later, when it doesn't seem like revenge and everyone has forgotten about you, and they've stolen lots of other lights from possible suspects, kill them and make it look like suicide, that's cool. Just keep yourself safe and then cover your ***, and your fingerprints.

Seriously, just be aware that you can win a fight and still be permanently injured, even if you don't go to jail. Good luck to all.

Dan
Old 10-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Tha Snatcher

everytime i visit the 5th gen forums, i always see a stolen HID thread. It's ****** sick. I'm sorry to hear about the rash of HID thefts...I'm in Maryland and there isn't any HID thefts down here that i've heard of. I have a 99 GLE w/ HIDs. It's the ultimate sleeper. so, do the theives take the whole headlamps or they go under the hood and take the ballast and bulbs?
Old 10-24-2003, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by XenonHID_VQ
everytime i visit the 5th gen forums, i always see a stolen HID thread. It's ****** sick. I'm sorry to hear about the rash of HID thefts...I'm in Maryland and there isn't any HID thefts down here that i've heard of. I have a 99 GLE w/ HIDs. It's the ultimate sleeper. so, do the theives take the whole headlamps or they go under the hood and take the ballast and bulbs?
They take it all!!!!!!! It make sme sick to my stomach everytime i hear one of our fellow Maxima members get there HIDS stolen. They almost got to my uncles Acura TL-S in jersy a couple of weeks ago. They busted the headlight glass and he came running out of his house with his 22. The punks split! He lives in hackensack jersey........
Old 10-24-2003, 01:35 PM

hey, for all of you who think guns should be allowed/not allowed to carry please watch "Bowling for Columbine"

for everyone who got your HIDs stolen, i feel your pain... Let's do a country-wide meet up, park about 2-3 max with HID's hide somewhere and KICK THEIR ASSES TOGETHER!!!!!! ( hehe, there was a guy who works for the police on this forum).

i really wish we could do that...
Old 10-24-2003, 01:36 PM

I was in Brooklyn a few weeks ago. I saw a Max that was the victim of an attempted HID theft. The grill was gone and the paitn around the lights was all scratched up. Poor thing.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:49 PM

looks like this....

this was the first time... which looked like the 2nd time (but without snow)... which looked like the 3rd time....
Old 10-24-2003, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by F23A4

How many people are around when their stuff gets stolen? Next to nobody catches the HID theives in the act. Gun or no gun, if you never see them then you have nothing to shoot at.

Someone said earlier, more guns in road rage areas means more incidents. These thefts take place in cities, where there is heavy traffic, and naturally more road rage.

Everyone jumps up and down about protecting themselves with guns, how many people carry guns and how many ever really use them to defend themselves? I'll bet money that the percentage of "defense" guns that get used in violent crimes is much greater than the percetage of "defense" guns that are actually used in defense. I may not agree with Michael Moore on much, but I do agree that America is a society of fear.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:19 PM

That picture makes me sick!!!! I feel for all of you that have had your HID's stolen....
Old 10-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looks like this....

this was the first time... which looked like the 2nd time (but without snow)... which looked like the 3rd time....

I thought this kit helped out???? I saw it at courtesy nissan

Old 10-24-2003, 05:24 PM

I totally agree with you. Crooks would certainly think twice if they knew that people were more proactive in protecting their stuff. A lot of people work hard to earn a living and to be able to afford things that they want. And to see people stealing and s*** ****es me off. Unfortunately, I've also heard about people who fight back getting charged by the police and being sued for injuries the crooks received.

America is a great country, except for all the all the lazy *** people who think that they can just take things. Makes me sick.

Good luck!
Old 10-24-2003, 06:57 PM

looks like this....

To loosely quote Coach Ditka, anybody who does this, " has no heart, and for those who don't know what I mean, I mean they have no b a l l s !!!" It looks to be an east coast thing, and hopefully the problem quietly goes away, but with as many org members who this has happened too, doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon. I feel your pain, makes me sick...
Old 10-24-2003, 11:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your lights man,I know exactly how you feel right about now.I have in the AE lights after having my HIDS stolen twice within four months.I feel that everyone that had their's stolen should set up a bait car so we could get some of these mother****ing cowards and beat the living **** out of them.Shooting them might be too quick and a beatdown will last much longer and be more agonizing.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:07 AM

looks like this....

when they jack my's my hood was alot more worst then that and they **** up both side of my fender.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:11 AM

it's very easy money for them 300-500 a pop for only 5 min of work.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kojiro_FtT
How many people are around when their stuff gets stolen? Next to nobody catches the HID theives in the act. Gun or no gun, if you never see them then you have nothing to shoot at.
I believe I was referring to Rafe's carjack instance (re: CCP)

Originally Posted by Kojiro_FtT
Someone said earlier, more guns in road rage areas means more incidents. These thefts take place in cities, where there is heavy traffic, and naturally more road rage.
I actually stated that in my second post.

That said, so I guess the concensus here is to let the HID (and carjack) thieves have their way; and to that, I'll be trading my 2002 Maxima SE for a 2004 Scion Xa.

However, this:

possibly happening to me is why I ride this:

every day to work.

Hey 2k3blk6sp, 2:1 odds a shot to the kneecaps will last longer than a beatdown (ref: agony)

Peace.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:37 PM

heres pics of mine: http://maxima.cardomain.com/memberpage/224380/5

$4496.03 in damage.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:01 PM

Hey 2k3blk6sp, 2:1 odds a shot to the kneecaps
will last longer than a beatdown (ref: agony)
Ok two shots to the kneecap then a beatbown.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:31 PM

it makes me sick to my stomach to hear stories and see pics of 5th gens getting raped for h.i.d's. it's almost like cutting a person's eyes out so they can't see. I live in cali and fortunately the h.i.d. theft problem isn't evident in the city I live in. I need a driver's side replacement as lamp as mine was damaged in a fender bender so if anyone has a drivers side lamp for sale or a set of lamps for sale please let me know. and please- no non maxima owners- I don't want anything that was stolen from fellow org members. e-mail to luis@pacifictrellisfruit.com
Old 10-27-2003, 06:52 PM

Mine had been taken twice before I started renting a garage. I drive around all the time in my neighborhood and see Maxima's parked in the street with missing lights. It's a sad sight to see especially since it's been a year since my first lights were taken, and it's still going on.

I was hoping that the fad would have passed, and it would be safe to be outside again. I figured by this time the price of HID kits would come down and price the thieves out of the market. Unfortunately the worst case scenerio occured instead... The HID kits became illegal to sell by retailers, and now the thieves are the only game in town.

What idiot is writting the laws in this country? Don't they realize that cutting down on supply increases demand?????