5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

You can't have anything nice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 11:45 PM

You can't have anything nice...

...cause some a**clown will fu@k it up.

So I park my car outside on a busy street for a few hours. When I return there's a huge dent on top of the hood. I'm like, WTF? Upon further inspection there's another dent on the roof!

I know it has been really windy today but I didnt park under any trees or anything. The cop who took the report said someone must have walked on my car. WALKED ON MY CAR!!?!?! What kind of moron walks on cars?

Now I have to cough up $500 to get the damn dents fixed. So annoying.

Anybody got any schemes that can help me avoid paying my deductible?

-J
Old 11-14-2003, 03:52 AM
JET Speed Lab

one time i was in a diner parking lot waiting for a spot, and some guy just walks right into my car!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:10 AM

just the other day... i was walking to my car and i saw some stupid teenager push a cart and it hit my car... luckily it didnt do any damage
Old 11-14-2003, 07:20 AM

Man.. that is fu(ked up!!
Old 11-14-2003, 08:02 AM

man I know how you feel about the dents. The second month I got my car, I found dents and scracthes on the front of my hood. My friend told me that it was just acorns and small tree branches falling because of wind. BULLSH*T!

Found out that the some kids were sitting on my car, and they probably had keys in their back pockets... im so heated.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:08 AM

Seriously what the hell would compell somebody to sit/walk on a stranger's car? God, some people are such asses!
Old 11-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just received my first door ding this weekend @ a Fridays parking lot- luckily I could buff it out- red paint on my side door molding-
I bet it was a fat asz in a POS had to swing his fokkin' door wide open
Old 11-14-2003, 08:18 AM

I don't think that you can avoid the deductible. If you knew who did this and you could collect from their insurance - that would be the only way to avoid deductible imo. I got hole punched in my front bumper ( parking lot) and then someone scratched my rear bumper. Since they were 2 seperate incidents, I paid deductible for each incident. Ain't that special? BTW sorry about your car. That really sucks.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I know how it goes. I just moved to the Green Bay area from Milwaukee and I had successfully kept all morons away from my car and let me tell you I am like a frickin magnet up here. I can park at the opposite end of the lot and I still get people that park next me over the line so close to me it was almost impossible for them or me to get in and out of the car.

I have 2 or 3 dings now that I am going to have to get taken care of. It makes me not want to drive a nice car or even mod this one. I want to get a body kit and possibly some custom paint but what happens then more dings more expensive to paint.

I guess I was just raised with manners. Be respectful to all and all things. Problem is people are in such a rush today they don't pay attention. And yes there are accidents that happen but 90% of the time it is careless people that just don't care.

So I feel your pain. Not fun. Do you know any body sho guys. They can sugar coat the estimate for you like say paint that really won't be needed Etc....
Old 11-14-2003, 08:40 AM

What's worse is when you screw up your own car... like putting the garage door down with the car not in far enough = 4 inch vertical gash in the rear bumper.... real swift. I had someone key the hood of my brand new 97 max... man if I catch someone messing with my car I'd kick the sh!!!!t out of them.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:46 AM

only way for you to not pay the deductible is if you know someone who works at a body shop or talk to the body shop to overestimate the damage and just collect everything from the insurance. I've seen people ask body shops to waive the deductible on their insurance and just charge the insurance a little bit more. Of course the insurance company doesnt know this.
i say just talk to a local body shop and see what they can do. Dont go to the dealer b/c we all know they wont do it.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:47 AM

Hey Max med...you're in Providence? I live there now...we should get a meet together sometime.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:50 AM

Dang, I would have gone crazy if someone was walking on my car.

What did you guys do?
Old 11-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Man I hate when people don't RESPECT other peoples' property. Funny thing is that they're always driving a POS and when you tell them to get the *** off your car, they look at you like you're the dumb @ss.

My stepfather is notorious for leaning/sitting on cars. Nothing drives me nuts more then someone sitting on a car like it's a park bench or something.

Fockers!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by SkoorbMax
Seriously what the hell would compell somebody to sit/walk on a stranger's car? God, some people are such asses!
I got you one better. A year ago at the Chicago Auto Show (Feb 02) I SAW like four females SITTING on the hood of a Porsche 911 Turbo. They weren't leaning on it, but sitting on the front end, while some a**clown took a quick photo. The Porsche reps nearly shat their panties, they noticed what was going on, and started yelling at these punks to get off their uber-land missile. Man, I haven't laughed so hard in years.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:31 AM

Sorry to hear about the car. Like some other members said, talk to a local body shop and see if they can help you cover the deductible. On a related note, when I had my POS 2k Eclipse I had a similar problem. I parked in the shopping center facing a small SUV that some chick was getting into. To make a long story short, the chick musta put the car in drive and rammed my 6 month old car. Needed to get the hood straighted, and new bumper and new headlight- she didn't even leave a number or anything so it was all outta pocket. Anyways, good luck gettin it fixed hope the body shop helpa ya out.
Vinny
Old 11-14-2003, 10:35 AM

damn, man, I got so many of these stories. Once, went to a local coffee shop, parked my car right next to it, in about 10 mins see few people standing next to my car and one of leaning on it. I was a little like "WTF???" so I beep the alarm once, no effect, twice, no effect. Come up to them, and tell him that he should lean on a Jetta parked next to my car instead. The guy looked at me like I took something VERY VERY valuable from him.

Also, my car got scratched by a key, I think it was my neighbor, so many people park right next to my car so close even thou there's plenty of space

For the insurance - you MUST know somebody who owns a body shop, or works there. So let them make the estimate a little higher and fix it a little cheaper. Honestly, I don't know why they make us pay deductible for this ****

MaximaTong, did hitting you car with a cart do any damage to the teenager? By you?
Old 11-14-2003, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by carabuser
MaximaTong, did hitting you car with a cart do any damage to the teenager? By you?

the guy who pushed the shopping cart into my car was BIGGER than me... about 6 inches and 50lbs BIGGER... AND he had a friend who was also BIGGER than me, haha
Old 11-14-2003, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaTong
the guy who pushed the shopping cart into my car was BIGGER than me... about 6 inches and 50lbs BIGGER... AND he had a friend who was also BIGGER than me, haha
I used to carry "Equalizer" in my car. Its a nice, thick barrel softball bat. The only problem comes into play is if it gets yanked out of your hand during a melee, and used on you, that would suck b a l l s ! Some schmucks you encounter, you even wonder if its worth the risk of being arrested for laying a beating on them.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:03 AM
scopium

Originally Posted by MaxMed

So I park my car outside on a busy street for a few hours. When I return there's a huge dent on top of the hood. I'm like, WTF? Upon further inspection there's another dent on the roof!

I know it has been really windy today but I didnt park under any trees or anything. The cop who took the report said someone must have walked on my car. WALKED ON MY CAR!!?!?! What kind of moron walks on cars?

-J
if the body shop is cool.. tell them to add 500 to whatever the price is.... so they can get the money from insurance instead of you.. i do that all the time
but bring it to the body shop first and let them give the insurance an estimate

Old 11-14-2003, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by scopium
if the body shop is cool.. tell them to add 500 to whatever the price is.... so they can get the money from insurance instead of you.. i do that all the time

that IS why we all, hopefully, have insurance
Old 11-14-2003, 11:10 AM

u should feel lucky though that u made the smart move to have $500 as your deductible as aopposed to some who have $1000 or more-
I'm sure any body shop can help you compensate the $500 beans
Old 11-14-2003, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by scopium
Be careful about this, make sure no photos are sent along with the estimate to the insurance. If they req photos/ req more than one estimate, you are sunk and your photos/other est will show a lot less dmg than the original est, and they will pay based off cheaper est.

If the insurance company has any inkling you/your shop is trying any funny business, they can and will deny the claim for misrep, and the shop risks being pulled from your insurance company's drp or good standing shop lists. Be aware man.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMed

-J
maybe it was a very fat cat?
Old 11-14-2003, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the sympathy guys...

Looks like I might just have to eat this one. Just goes to show how inconsiderate and asinine some people are. You know, this sucks but I'm not gonna let some idiot raise my blood pressure. I still love my max. Haters will never stop the VQ. They will get theirs - someway, somehow.

As for the insurance schemes, I'll see what I can do but I dont wanna get locked up either. My friend is supposed to get back to me on a great bodyshop that repaired his door (cuz some jerk dented it). Wish me luck.

Another question, specifically for the people with Gieco Insurance. Are pictures of the damage required? Dont they send in there own appraisal guy to look at my car before they cut me a check? What's the comprehensive coverage claim process like? Any insight will be appreciated.

-J
Old 11-14-2003, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
maybe it was a very fat cat?
jumping around the hood and roof???? damn, i'd like to see one.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:27 PM

On my double claim, the front bumper was considered collision - $250 deductible. The rear bumper scratches were considered vandalisim and covered under comprehensive - $100 deductible. Total = $350 out of pocket.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:49 PM

you know what ****ed me off? i got a door ding _the second day after i bought my car, brand spankin' new!_ happened in the parking lot at work. yeah man, there are a lot of inconsiderate schmucks out there...
Old 11-14-2003, 04:55 PM
VTEC This!

yeah, i was working and i hear a loud screech, this teenage punk fell off his his tiny little motor bike thing, real tiny..right in front of my car, i walked out the door and him and his friend got the hell out of there quick
Old 11-14-2003, 07:23 PM

Yeah, I seen that happened. probably some drunkard would do that. It happened on my Acura, I was so frigging ****, I chased the drunk down. I told him get the fokked away from my car , it was dark at night. Next day , I didn't noticed the dent during day light.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:43 PM
retired moderator

...The punk kids down the street- I caught them doing railslides with their skateboards on the bumper of my old Integra...parents wouldn't do a damn thing about it...had to get the freakin police involved against a bunch of 10-year-olds...what is this world coming to....nobody teaches their kids respect any more.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:23 PM

luckily it hasn't happened to my maxima, but my previous car ml320 got keyed and dented so i feel your pain. wish i had 24 hr video survailence on my old car so i can atleast recognize/beat down those bastards!!
Old 11-15-2003, 12:41 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i parked my max near school and when i came back there was a Ford Focus stationwagon parked FLUSH against my rear bumper.. the ****ing idiot didn't even make an effort to move back and cover his traits.. just left it parked against my car like it's ok.. i moved up and now i have a bunch of deep scratches / holes in my paint from this moron.

i was very tempted to break a window... but i dont mess with peoples cars even if they mess with mine..
i left him a note on his windshield saying "learn how to park without damaging other cars you ****ing idiot"
Old 11-15-2003, 01:31 PM
JET Speed Lab

Originally Posted by NYCe MaXiMa
i parked my max near school and when i came back there was a Ford Focus stationwagon parked FLUSH against my rear bumper.. the ****ing idiot didn't even make an effort to move back and cover his traits.. just left it parked against my car like it's ok.. i moved up and now i have a bunch of deep scratches / holes in my paint from this moron.

i was very tempted to break a window... but i dont mess with peoples cars even if they mess with mine..
i left him a note on his windshield saying "learn how to park without damaging other cars you ****ing idiot"
i would have broken his headlights and slashed his tires... but thats just me.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:54 PM

That sucks man...who the hell walks on ppls cars???

I was sitting in my car becuase i was early to my class...so ****head opens up his door and smacks my mirror...so the idiot doesn't touch my mirror he just swings the door close and hits my mirror again.
i got outa my car and said dude, what the hell is wrong with you...don't you know how to open up a fricken door? i hate ppl that just don't care about ****
Old 11-15-2003, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by ToYLeT902
i would have broken his headlights and slashed his tires... but thats just me.
yeah, no kidding. i would of set his car on fire.

seriously though, a lot of ppl see vehicles as a mode of transport, and that's it. others like you and I like to take care of our rides, wash and wax them, show them off, and then some tard comes and rains on our parade by 1)opening their door into our car 2) sitting/leaning on car 3)playing bumper cars when trying to get in/out of pkg space next to our car.

some ppl have no sense, and to these winners, I just say good day and enjoy driving your pos tempo.