5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

max2k: shaking at low speek & SES light on-off-on

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

shaking at low speed & SES light flashing

I had already has this situation for about a year, it happens occasionally once a moth in the beginning of the year, and then quite often now: the car shakes (you can feel the vibration) if I stopped at traffic light (in Drive mode), if I switch gear to neutral the shaking is not that obvious, and after I start moving, shaking disappears. Strange part is it self-healed after a while (days, weeks), and then it will normally happen again after a week or two.

SES light is usually on when this happens. SES light sometimes even flashing when I feels no shaking. and the light will normally go off after a while.

I went to Nissan dealer, but because it didn't happen consistently and the problem doesn't manifest itself when it was checked by the dealer, so they checked the car and said there is no problem! 9@#$!%

this is driving me nuts.. would someone please give me some advice? thanks! thanks! thanks!
Old 11-16-2003, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by twinkiestar
I had already has this situation for about a year, it happens occasionally once a moth in the beginning of the year, and then quite often now: the car shakes (you can feel the vibration) if I stopped at traffic light (in Drive mode), if I switch gear to neutral the shaking is not that obvious, and after I start moving, shaking disappears. Strange part is it self-healed after a while (days, weeks), and then it will normally happen again after a week or two.

SES light is usually on when this happens. SES light sometimes even flashing when I feels no shaking. and the light will normally go off after a while.

I went to Nissan dealer, but because it didn't happen consistently and the problem doesn't manifest itself when it was checked by the dealer, so they checked the car and said there is no problem! 9@#$!%

this is driving me nuts.. would someone please give me some advice? thanks! thanks! thanks!
Make sure they hook the computer up to see what codes the car is generating.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by bixmaxxx
Make sure they hook the computer up to see what codes the car is generating.
went to Autozone, people checked the car, and the code reader shows "0", so does that mean nothing is wrong? but my car now shakes like crazy and even flashing more often!!

normally I didn't warm up before I drive.. what damage could that cause?