5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A pic of the SSR Engineering Turbo on an 02+ Altima

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 12:44 PM
VQ Wizard

No one has a turbo and everyone is an expert.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:47 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
No one has a turbo and everyone is an expert.

Old 11-26-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm needing a caw

Expert? How about common sense?
Old 11-26-2003, 12:54 PM
VQ Wizard

Common sense would tell a person to wait for the finished product before picking it apart. This is the reason why we have such trouble getting the itmes we ask for.

Besides, that isn't the Maxima setup and was not posted by SSR on this board.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Dave B
The $3500-4500 4th gen kits come with IC, BOV, gauges, fuel management, revised y-pipe, ALL piping, and some even with a full catback and install. The manifolds aren't needed because the y-pipe is what bridges the turbo.

Dave
I forgot you were the expert on everything.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:58 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well common sense tells me if it's "almost done" or in the "final stages", there should be more of an update picture. Because that one doesn't really promote the product too well for anyone that is even slightly familiar with turbo systems.

I'm not picking it apart. How could I? There's nothing in the picture to pick apart. I'm not saying the system is "bad". I'm saying it's not there period.

Common sense would tell a person to wait for the finished product before picking it apart. This is the reason why we have such trouble getting the itmes we ask for.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
I forgot you were the expert on everything.
Nope, never claimed to be. I simply corrected you and you get your panties in a bunch.

Dave
Old 11-26-2003, 10:39 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Besides, that isn't the Maxima setup and was not posted by SSR on this board.
Yes, but like everything on this board, it becomes the miracle mod before it's ever completed and rumors spread like wildfire. The power gains are already there yet 90% on the install isn't even done yet everyone is starting to believe "310-350fwhp". I guess my engineering background makes for problems because I do constantly analyze things and point out the pros/cons. I'm not an expert, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this thing isn't even close to completed. I'm not saying it won't work nor make the power, but until it's completed it's no better than a $6000 paper weight.

Dave
Old 11-26-2003, 11:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I can see nothing has changed on this board in the last 6 months or so. Still the same bunch of guys fighting it out with out insults, you got to love it! Hahahah...

Anyways my 2 cents says I'm cheap, if i was to buy a turbo kit it would have to be under 4K. The stillen SC kit I bought a few years back was only $3300 and it got the job done. Cheap clean power with few kinks, my favorite!

Matt and Matt, I have to download AIM again, my computer goes madd every other week and I loose all of my programs...

Whats up G and Killer2002 Long time no see guys. I guess I am just not into cars like I once was, I swear saving money is so much easier now
Old 11-27-2003, 01:19 AM

i agree everyone is btching too much about price...performance...etc....why cant we wait till its finished.....and to blu.....seriously i appreciate the info...but that pic is just a d*ck tease and u shouldnt have posted it....theres just too much drama...the thought of this turbo gives be a hard on but we shouldnt be btchin about this considering once again....its not finished!!!....get over it....6000 is a lot of change but if u do the math for 350whp or was it 100whp...whatever it is its well near worth it....id buy it....but im broke not cheap....one day tho my friends one day....then i could sh^t on zo6's......what a great day that would be
Old 11-27-2003, 05:22 AM
Blu
the tits

Nope, never claimed to be. I simply corrected you and you get your panties in a bunch.

Dave
if thats what you want to believe.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:18 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Lets wait and see the product. They are close to where I live, and I have heard great things about the work they do. Ive seen some of the Turbo setups on 4th gens and they look like Betty Crocker and Ray Charles develpoed them. They offered to test fit it on my Max , at a cost of 4500, but due to my divorce settlement , I was unable to do it. I would personally preffer an SC from Stillen, but who knows if that will be made. It would be cheaper too. If I had 6k laying around, I wouldnt hesitate to do it. Matt (SR20) is right, I would say that over 70% of you guys are a bunch of cheap asssseesss ! Its been proven time and time again.

Welcome back E !
Old 11-27-2003, 10:22 PM
I miss the .org!

Originally Posted by kloogy
Matt (SR20) is right, I would say that over 70% of you guys are a bunch of cheap asssseesss ! Its been proven time and time again.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

if thats what you want to believe.
Whatcha talkin' bout', Willis? You choose not to research the turbo kits currently available yet acted as if you knew what was included in the kits and then used the (mis) information to justify the high expense of the SSR kit and started calling people cheapa$$'

Dave
Old 11-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Blu
the tits

Whatcha talkin' bout', Willis? You choose not to research the turbo kits currently available yet acted as if you knew what was included in the kits and then used the (mis) information to justify the high expense of the SSR kit and started calling people cheapa$$'

Dave
But do the kits bolt directly up without problems ...and yes Im calling people on this board cheap a$$es because its the truth, everyone wants everything for nothing.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I posted this pic, because I know there are people out there (such as myself) that get really excited about the idea of a turbo kit for our cars. This company made a kit for the Sentra and is now working on one for the Altima, which means the Maxima will be next. Since the Altima platform is very similiar to ours, it means as soon as they are finished with the Altima setup, we should have a turbo kit soon thereafter. Everyone needs to realize, that this is a BIG purchase. Turbocharging your car is not like getting a bag of fries with your happy meal. It is a very big step in modifying your car. As has been discussed, it can be pretty expensive. Several thousand dollars is a lot of money, and I am far from rich, but think of the results you would recieve with a blower. If you want one, start saving now if you need to.

-MAXINXS-
Old 11-28-2003, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by MAXINXS
I posted this pic, because I know there are people out there (such as myself) that get really excited about the idea of a turbo kit for our cars. This company made a kit for the Sentra and is now working on one for the Altima, which means the Maxima will be next. Since the Altima platform is very similiar to ours, it means as soon as they are finished with the Altima setup, we should have a turbo kit soon thereafter. Everyone needs to realize, that this is a BIG purchase. Turbocharging your car is not like getting a bag of fries with your happy meal. It is a very big step in modifying your car. As has been discussed, it can be pretty expensive. Several thousand dollars is a lot of money, and I am far from rich, but think of the results you would recieve with a blower. If you want one, start saving now if you need to.

-MAXINXS-
well said...
Old 11-28-2003, 03:28 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

But do the kits bolt directly up without problems ...and yes Im calling people on this board cheap a$$es because its the truth, everyone wants everything for nothing.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I agree with ya on both points.

Dave
Old 12-05-2003, 09:52 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

More pics for those interested. Slowly but surely moving along.

Old 12-05-2003, 04:21 PM

Those are pretty big diameter pipes? Looks like reverse y-pipe to me though? Where is the turbo going to be placed? You had the turbo to the right of the manifold in the other pictures are planning and meeting the front and rear manifold there?
Old 12-05-2003, 05:36 PM

Well guys, we don't compromise our price just because you think its too high. You get what you pay for, I've read many reports on people that have installed these poorly made turbo kits and have had problems with fitment, pipes blowin off etc. The thing is Turbocharging is a very serious modification, it's not meant to be cheap. No one's twisting your arm and making you buy a turbo kit. For those of you that have experience with turbocharging or any modifications and have a knowledge of basic car performance, you understand why my kit is priced at what it is. Do you guys really want to risk blowing up your car just so you can save $500? If thats the case I won't sell Fuel Management, or any fuel enrichment, i'll just sell you a base turbo kit and let you spend an extra 1000-1500 Buying fuel components, tuning and making everything work properly and most importantly SAFELY.
Basically, if you guys want I can make a run down on why i chose every single component to be in this kit, I want these kits to last for years and most importantly make every happy with the ease of turbo-charging your vehicle.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by SSR Engineering
Well guys, we don't compromise our price just because you think its too high. You get what you pay for, I've read many reports on people that have installed these poorly made turbo kits and have had problems with fitment, pipes blowin off etc. The thing is Turbocharging is a very serious modification, it's not meant to be cheap. No one's twisting your arm and making you buy a turbo kit. For those of you that have experience with turbocharging or any modifications and have a knowledge of basic car performance, you understand why my kit is priced at what it is. Do you guys really want to risk blowing up your car just so you can save $500? If thats the case I won't sell Fuel Management, or any fuel enrichment, i'll just sell you a base turbo kit and let you spend an extra 1000-1500 Buying fuel components, tuning and making everything work properly and most importantly SAFELY.
Basically, if you guys want I can make a run down on why i chose every single component to be in this kit, I want these kits to last for years and most importantly make every happy with the ease of turbo-charging your vehicle.
Can you try to answer my questions because I am very interested.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:44 PM
OG :)

Bump..... I'm curious if any updates exist.