5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

i got ticket for my side markers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 02:57 AM

i got ticket for my side markers...

the cop pull me me over... and he was like "i stopped you for your white side markers, licence and registration" when i opened my thing that i have my registration inside he was like "i wanna see your 2 warnings that you have inside" (what will happen if i said no?)... god da*n eyes... i was like "ok", he was like "oh you have warning for your muffler uh"? i was like "yes, im waiting for my mechanic because he is very busy"
cop "so i am not give you a ticket for you muffler" me "thank you officer" so he came back with the ticket, cop "here your ticket for your side markers" me "good night officer"... i dont understand because when i had the blue bulbs the cop told me... i cant have blue or red bulbs because this lights are for police and for the fire department so that means i can have white bulbs on my car right? (is not my fault if they dont know their job) i went to the court last week for my blue side markers, so guys... court for one more time or pay it?
Old 12-14-2003, 03:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

court

Old 12-14-2003, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by GreekMaxima
the cop pull me me over... and he was like "i stopped you for your white side markers, licence and registration" when i opened my thing that i have my registration inside he was like "i wanna see your 2 warnings that you have inside" (what will happen if i said no?)... god da*n eyes... i was like "ok", he was like "oh you have warning for your muffler uh"? i was like "yes, im waiting for my mechanic because he is very busy"
cop "so i am not give you a ticket for you muffler" me "thank you officer" so he came back with the ticket, cop "here your ticket for your side markers" me "good night officer"... i dont understand because when i had the blue bulbs the cop told me... i cant have blue or red bulbs because this lights are for police and for the fire department so that means i can have white bulbs on my car right? (is not my fault if they dont know their job) i went to the court last week for my blue side markers, so guys... court for one more time or pay it?

You may stand a good chance going to court if you replace your sides with the OEM lights and take a picture of it to court with you. You might not want to put the clears on again because the cops are probably looking out for your car.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:07 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Super White Bulbs are Illegal anywhere on your car.

Don't use them, they only draw attention to you.

Attention = A good chance of a ticket while your out crusing.

Be smart, mod your car but keep it's lighting system legal and you wount be harassed by the police.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
Super White Bulbs are Illegal anywhere on your car.

Don't use them, they only draw attention to you.

Attention = A good chance of a ticket while your out crusing.

Be smart, mod your car but keep it's lighting system legal and you wount be harassed by the police.
so why the cop said that red or blue bulbs are illegal? you have clear too man...
Old 12-14-2003, 06:54 AM

so why the cop said that red or blue bulbs are illegal? you have clear too man...
I know that blue bulbs are illegal because they are for law enforcement use. Red bulbs can be be used on the rear of your vehicle as far as I know. It really depends on the cops in your area if they want to enforce the red bulb issue I guess. I have clears on my car with colored bulbs. They have been in place for nearly two years now. I live in a small town and I have not had any problems yet. My truck has PIAA Xtreme white parking light bulbs that look blue. I have not been stopped for that yet. It could happen though.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:57 AM

the other crazy thing is... the cop told me "you can arrest for your exhaust or you go to the court" i wanted to slap him so hard... but fu*k it!! maybe he was drunk... arrest because i use an aftermarket exaust? WTF guys?
Old 12-14-2003, 07:10 AM

most states have laws dictating what color lights have to be in the different locations in your car. I know where I live, we are required to have red in the rear signals and amber in the front. No Blue lights anywhere on the car. There is no arguing about it, either.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:31 AM

i'm not positive what the law is, but live in boston and drive around NYC/long island a lot (parents). i've got clears with blue bulbs...been pulled over a few times (twice by absolute ****** of cops) and none of them said anything to me about my side markers...knock on wood.

how much was the ticket for?
Old 12-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

you have clear too man...
I have amber bulbs in my clear lenses. The lighting on my car is correct.

White headlights & Fogs (DOT spec. not super rice white blue)
Red tails and stop lights
Orange/Amber directional signals and parking lamps all under clear lenses making my car light up correctly.

The side markers on your car can be clear as long as they have an Amber/Orange bulb in them.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Young04
i'm not positive what the law is, but live in boston and drive around NYC/long island a lot (parents). i've got clears with blue bulbs...been pulled over a few times (twice by absolute ****** of cops) and none of them said anything to me about my side markers...knock on wood.

how much was the ticket for?
around $75! they're as**oles
Old 12-14-2003, 08:02 AM

yeah, from what I understand, there is no law about what color your light HOUSINGS have to be, as long as the lights are DOT approved and contain the correct color bulb. I specifically asked about last time I got my "white bulb fix-it ticket", and he said my clears were probably bad cause they most likely weren't DOT approved, but he said no cop will pull you over for those alone.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:09 AM
Im izz sexay

Why are people with blue bulbs in their corners getting pulled over for if the bulbs aren't blinking or causing a disturbance to traffic. That also bring up the question for people to get pulled over for having blue headlights. In New Haven, CT I have seen a REALLY good bit of blue corners and headlights. The headlights aren't actual HID's either.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by turdlett
Why are people with blue bulbs in their corners getting pulled over for if the bulbs aren't blinking or causing a disturbance to traffic. That also bring up the question for people to get pulled over for having blue headlights. In New Haven, CT I have seen a REALLY good bit of blue corners and headlights. The headlights aren't actual HID's either.
turdlett, we have meet on 12/21 in Manchester, CT!! more than 30 maximas will be there... they plan caravan from NY, NJ, RI and from south CT... look on United States and after Northeastern
Old 12-14-2003, 09:20 AM

ya only the fire/police/ambulance crew can have blue/white/red/green lights in CT from what I've heard. My girlfriend got her EMT a lil while back and has told me all about the light things. I'm just gonna put the amber bulbs in my clear cornes when I get em. Keep it legal.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:36 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Everyone on this forum knows that driving around with Hyperwhite lights in your markers , is an invitation to get pulled over. Plain and simple. Even with clear markers , like I have , with amber and red led bulbs...in them, you can still get ticketed.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:53 AM

If you got the ticket in N.Y. all you have to do is get the violation fixed within 24 hrs of getting the ticket , go back to the police station show them you fixed it and you should get the ticket dismissed. This is only for equipment violations. (lights, tint, muffler etc.)
Old 12-14-2003, 10:57 AM

can i see pictures of your eurolite bulbs in your sidemarker lights at night. Are they different from polargs.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by 2k3TitaniumSe
can i see pictures of your eurolite bulbs in your sidemarker lights at night. Are they different from polargs.

i have polargs and they dont show any signs/hints of blue-
(all white light)perhaps they are broken in -
drove side by side at least 3 cops late last night and nothing.....

maybe the fart can draws even more attention.... so gives him a reason to pull you over
Old 12-14-2003, 02:11 PM

I dont know why you get pulled over so many times, but I guess you riced out your car too much?

~limsandy
Old 12-14-2003, 02:47 PM

is ur exhaust that loud re malaka....if its that loud that the cop has to give u a ticket for it i can imagine how it sounds inside the car.....
Old 12-14-2003, 04:16 PM
trey

I got the cleared out side markers with the clear polargs in there and haven't been pulled over in a year of driving but yeah it is illegal.

anybody have pics of cleared out taillights with red bulbs?

Old 12-14-2003, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by limsandy
I dont know why you get pulled over so many times, but I guess you riced out your car too much?

~limsandy
no speeding ticket... ticket just for fu*king small thing... god da*m
Old 12-14-2003, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by greekmax2k1
is ur exhaust that loud re malaka....if its that loud that the cop has to give u a ticket for it i can imagine how it sounds inside the car.....
Heheh, been a while since I've seen someone call someone a malaka. Used to work in a Greek restaurant in Atlanta.