5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Headlight almost got stolen last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by my02black6spdSE
Nah, I got silver. I had too, I live in an apartment so the car sits outside, silver is the easiest color to maintain.

I thought about the retro fit kit, but there were people here saying their AE's got jacked- most likely from theives not using flashlights, or being uneducated on Max model years. They probably saw clear taillights and went for the headlights.

30585 -as for being slow... I didn't care. the TQ on the max was sweet, but at least now I can fill the car with regular...LOL
And if there is one thing I need to do- it's to calm down on my driving.

How much did you loose when you trade in the Maxima for the Accord? I was thinking about the same thing but figure it will loose like 10k on the car, so I'll probably keep it for like 3 years and then trade it in. I am thinking of retrofit the AE lights right now. But like everyone said, for those uneducated thieves (which most of them are), don't know the HID from non-HID, how do we prevent them from robbing them. I'll probably put a sign inside the grilled saying "Dumb ****s, You are robbing non-HID lights and risk getting your @ss kick!!"
Old 12-24-2003, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by HKSturboKid
yup, this is sad but true. The guy was mug and then later caught up to the thieves and he stab them and now he is in jail. The problem is that the law protects all these crooks. This is crazy. All I can say is to play their game and put on your own mask and hooked sweater, can't point fingers if you don't know who did it.
My mistake, yeah he stabbed the guy and now he's looking at some prison time. And the guy's going to jail while the accomplices of the slain mugger will probably be called as witnesses by the DA. I definitely move to collect money for this guy's bail and defense.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by PAPA SMURF
is the same day I go out lynching all arabs in NY because of the whole 9/11 thing and recent terror alert rising
hmmmmm .........NO! That would be wrong!!
Old 12-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

How much did you loose when you trade in the Maxima for the Accord? I was thinking about the same thing but figure it will loose like 10k on the car, so I'll probably keep it for like 3 years and then trade it in. I am thinking of retrofit the AE lights right now. But like everyone said, for those uneducated thieves (which most of them are), don't know the HID from non-HID, how do we prevent them from robbing them. I'll probably put a sign inside the grilled saying "Dumb ****s, You are robbing non-HID lights and risk getting your @ss kick!!"
Those cases of thieves stealing AE's or 2000-2001 headlights have been very isolated. I've had my AE's since April already, I park my car in the street all the time, in Newark , NJ by the way and my car has not been messed with. I also have the 2k1 SE tails though.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:32 PM

In another word, I should change my taillights too I guess. I currently have 2k2 clear taillights. I probably change them either to 2000. My car is Dark Blue and will probably match better with black taillights.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:42 PM

In another word, I should change my taillights too I guess. I currently have 2k2 clear taillights. I probably change them either to 2000. My car is Dark Blue and will probably match better with black taillights.
yup you will save a whole lot of money doing this instead of trading in the car for something else

--there is a guy by my old house (where I had the max in the driveway for about 1 year and nothing happened) who had his lights stolen twice...then he changed his front bumper as well as his headlights to 2k/2k1 (should've gone AE) --he also parks backwards to show that is not 2k2/2k3 headlights

-i am guessing the shop he went to said you couldn't put 2k/2k1 lights on a 2k2 bumper and pockted extra cash
Old 12-24-2003, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by edubz
eyah but for people in contract with the bank because they saw a hot car, still have their insurance messed up, and you take that with you even after you get rid of the car.
Not much we can do about that. You must have insurance while you have a lienholder at the very least. It does not make sense to pay more in insurance for a year than your car note. Some people buy more car than they can insure because they saw a hot car and did not check on insurance costs before buying it.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by GLE02NJ
yup you will save a whole lot of money doing this instead of trading in the car for something else

--there is a guy by my old house (where I had the max in the driveway for about 1 year and nothing happened) who had his lights stolen twice...then he changed his front bumper as well as his headlights to 2k/2k1 (should've gone AE) --he also parks backwards to show that is not 2k2/2k3 headlights

-i am guessing the shop he went to said you couldn't put 2k/2k1 lights on a 2k2 bumper and pockted extra cash
If I change the headlights to AE, I have to change the front bumper as well??? Also, you think I should change the taillights or should I just leave the taillights alone?
Old 12-24-2003, 06:01 PM

One of mine AE lights got stolen so now i put a sighn in the window "no hid headlights" workes so far
Old 12-24-2003, 06:44 PM

Damn that sucks. Do you think this also can happen with the Altima's Headlights ?? Im scurred. . .
Old 12-24-2003, 08:13 PM

I took hit on the max when trading it in. Of course much more then I wanted too...

I got the Accod for sticker, which is awesome for the 6 speed. Plus Honda is running a promo rate on the loan 5 years @ 3.9% I was payin 5.9 on the max. All in all it was only like $40 more month for the accord.
The NJ market for Maximas is a little soft right now, cause of the HID theft and the new body style that is out. The dealer said they would probably truck the car down south to get more out of it.
I knew the GM, he rides an RC51 and we have ridden with him a few times.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:44 PM

I see. How is the market value on the 2k2 Maximas. Its probably wise to wait 3-4 years, thats usually when the price goes steady on a use car.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:26 AM

yeah waiting is a good idea. A good indicator is ebay for prices of things, as well as auto auctions.

The Max is a great used car to buy, since they are good cars but the resale is low, and the market is soft- which equals a low used car price.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:24 PM

I was thinking of trading in my max after my hids were stolen for the second time, but after seeing the hit I would take on trading it in or even selling it I just put in the AE lights. They haven't touched my car since but I am still carefull about where I park.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by my02black6spdSE
I took hit on the max when trading it in. Of course much more then I wanted too...

I got the Accod for sticker, which is awesome for the 6 speed. Plus Honda is running a promo rate on the loan 5 years @ 3.9% I was payin 5.9 on the max. All in all it was only like $40 more month for the accord.
The NJ market for Maximas is a little soft right now, cause of the HID theft and the new body style that is out. The dealer said they would probably truck the car down south to get more out of it.
I knew the GM, he rides an RC51 and we have ridden with him a few times.
Oh Crap!! This was what I was SERIOUSLY considering for the past two months: trading my 2k2 for an Accord 6sp. I didnt want to post that for fear of being flambed (pronounced flam-bay-d) by other Org members.

Did you get Navi in yours?? How quick is it compared to the Max??