5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Has anyone got their Recall letter???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

Originally Posted by jattmax
ENGINE SENSOR PDF#3

for those of you who don't want to wait for the letter in the mail, on the PDF linked above, print out the last page "customer letter" ... its the exact same thing as to what you guys will receive in the mail, and take it into your dealer...
I went to my local Nissan dealer this morning to arrange for my SE-R to get this recall done for next week. All I did was print out the key pages from the PDF file, and the service manager had no problems with it. He even asked if I wanted everything done right then and there, but I was driving my Maxima which is unaffected by this recall. So on Monday, I'll get this crank position sensor recall and an ECM foam recall done for my little car. So far, Desert Nissan in Las Vegas has been very good to me.

Peace.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by 01SE02SER
I went to my local Nissan dealer this morning to arrange for my SE-R to get this recall done for next week. All I did was print out the key pages from the PDF file, and the service manager had no problems with it. He even asked if I wanted everything done right then and there, but I was driving my Maxima which is unaffected by this recall. So on Monday, I'll get this crank position sensor recall and an ECM foam recall done for my little car. So far, Desert Nissan in Las Vegas has been very good to me.

Peace.
I'm glad to see nissan is beginning to treat ppl better, anyone else who may have trouble, feel free to contact me, i'll try my best to help...
Old 12-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Custom User Title

Would the car be safe to drive (to the dealer) if the sensor(s) were bad?

Mine went bad the other night while i was sitting in park and idiling, the engine just quit. The only way to start it back up again was to put the gas pedal to the floor while turning the key.

The weird thing is after i got i started there was no SES light. It came on the next morning When i tried it again. I don't know maybe it had to think about it.

After i pulled the codes and found out what it was i called my good old Nissan Service Dept. They didn't even know about the recall. they tried to tell me that it was only for the altima. Finally he looked up my VIN and came to his senses. So now my Max is sitting in the driveway untill tues. when it is scheduled to go in.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Damn...that's definitely not a safe condition to be driving around in...

Nissan needs to get off their a$$es and start sending out those letters.

my car does the turning off thing while driving its kinda dangerous but im a pro now. i think the recall might be the answer to the BS my car has been doing lately. i havent gotten a letter yet and i called the dealership a few days ago asking about the recall and if my VIN was defective and he said no. i looked at the list and checked myself and it does apply. nissan service never fails.

will
Old 12-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It doesn't really matter does it? The only thing the customer remembers is the address and the place they took their car and who they dealt with. Of course they're going to bash the dealership. Accountabillity to the customer starts with the downline and follows right into the upline at top. If one link is weak (ie. uninformed service rep or rude service writer), what else is the customer supposed to think?

Dealerships are small places with a small amount of people working there hence the factor that the customer can't go around the chain as much. Instead, what I always do is go directly to the Service Manager with an issue and 99% of the time its been resolved to my satisfaction.

None of this is directed towards you, the fact that you do a good job within the service area is a credit to our close knit Maxima community.

Originally Posted by maximum_rpm_nyc
Uninformed Service Rep.

People on Maxima.org need to really simmer down about 'stealerships'
granted some dealerships are crooks, but when I took the job at Nissan, I had experience as a customer, as a technician, and parts knowledge. I have NISSANs in my family and I own 3 NISSAN products currently. I've seriously tried hard to inform customers, and thats why my CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) is 100.0% Ask any service rep at NISSAN what a CSI of 100.0% means ?
I don't need to be an A$$hole to anyone, but when you deal with the wrong people at a dealership, yeah I understand you as a 'customer' cause I've been there. Don't have to bash the dealership cause of the wrong people.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:00 AM

I didn't even know about this recall.Niissan really needs to do a better job of informing their customers about this.I guess I'll get this done when my replacement bose hu comes in.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:15 AM

i took my max in today for a check engine light

the moron said that that recall has not been applied to my vin number (eventhough my vin is in the range stated on the recall) and therefore they can not perform the recall until Nissan Usa makes it so in the database

I think i got better service at a Ford Dealership
Old 12-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

I had the crankshaft position sensor recall performed this morning on my '02 SE-R at Desert Nissan in Las Vegas. They took care of that recall and a ECM foam lining recall for the car in about an hour. I didn't get official Nissan notices, but the dealership looked them up for me last Saturday and made an appointment for me early this morning. Great service as always from that place.

Peace.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jeepik
i took my max in today for a check engine light

the moron said that that recall has not been applied to my vin number (eventhough my vin is in the range stated on the recall) and therefore they can not perform the recall until Nissan Usa makes it so in the database

I think i got better service at a Ford Dealership
I called my Nissan dealer today and got an appointment set up for next week. I could have taken my car in this coming Friday. I have not received any letter from Nissan yet. I have not had any problems to date with my dealer. Sorry that you don't get the right treatment at your dealer.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:45 AM

I'm wondering if this is whats causing my tranny to go nuts. I can floor the car on the highway and its like i'm doing nothing tach doesn't move no increase in speed. In the morning sometimes it takes several tries to start the car. In second gear on occasion, the tranny slips to about 5k then slides back into gear. Hmmm, I wonder. Time to call the dealer, again. Chris
Old 12-30-2003, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by jattmax
I'm glad to see nissan is beginning to treat ppl better, anyone else who may have trouble, feel free to contact me, i'll try my best to help...

Maxima.org members sues NIssan... NEWSPAPER HEADLINE.. awesome.

I guess they are nice to us now because they sold us cars that can actually kill us.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:30 AM

I had the recall done yesterday. I had the car in the for the headlight recall and teh guy said he is going to do the sensor recall also. I think if your car is in the shop for anything now it should pop up on the screen and tell them your VIN needs the recall done.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by maximaman777
Or had the work done to your car?

I have not gotten a letter yet, nor have a few other people I've talked to.
It doesn't appear to be a topic on anyone mind lately, or that I've seen in my limited searching.
I never received a letter but I called my Nissan dealer last week to make an appointment. I took my car in today for the recall without a letter from Nissan. Your VIN will tell them if your car is included in the recall. My car was not running badly before the sensors were changed and so far I have not noticed any difference.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Just set up an appointment for crank sensor TSB,
asked if he could do more than one TSB at a time and he said yes , can't get in till the 19th.
Also while having the R3022 TSB fixed, i'll hand him my 5 page service buletin on "lack of power" , since my vehicle is covered under this as well. I notice it more while starting from dead stop, just a split second hiccup, then it goes.
Does anyone know of any other fixes I should have done while there, would like to get them all done at once so I can go ahead and install my Berk intake.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:57 PM

At the time I looked at this post there were 1,380 views and almost 30,000 members. What if we all sent complaints to the NHTSA about Nissan making it so difficult for us to get recall letters or recall work done. I haven't got my letter; the VIN is within the range; and as of wenesday the dealer said there were no recalls for my car. B.S.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by desperado_45
At the time I looked at this post there were 1,380 views and almost 30,000 members. What if we all sent complaints to the NHTSA about Nissan making it so difficult for us to get recall letters or recall work done. I haven't got my letter; the VIN is within the range; and as of wenesday the dealer said there were no recalls for my car. B.S.
He's full of crap, there are numerous TSB's and now this "engine sensor" recall.
Call Nissan of North America and tell them what kinda dumbass employees they have at that dealer you went to, don't even know they're own recalls!
The dealer I bought from and get work done at here in Cincy has been great so far, try another dealer is all you can do .
Old 01-09-2004, 11:07 PM

The next closest infinity or nissan dealership is 1hr 15mins away. I dont get home until 10:00pm most nights so its not to easy to go elsewhere. Anyhow nissan still needs to send letters out.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:56 PM

I think the recall was dated 12/19/03 , so give them another month and maybe you'll get it. I got a feeling when I get mine I'll already have had the repairs made!
Old 01-10-2004, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by desperado_45
I had this letter printed out when I went to my dealer. I did not have to show it to the service advisor at all. I made my appointment over the phone a week before I took my car in. Maybe you can print out the pages that apply to your car and show them to the service advisor supervisor. I have not received a letter from Nissan and don't know if I ever will. Good luck.
http://www.harjothundal.com/maximaorg/enginesensor3.pdf
Old 01-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I went into the dealership today to pick up some touch-up paint and wanted to see about making an appointment for this as well, so I took the printed out Recall PDF with me. The service advisor was aware of the recall, but asked me if I had received a letter. After saying no, that I found out via the internet, he was a bit hesitant about setting up my appointment. He said that these parts are limited and since I didn't have my letter yet, that my Max may not be included. I verified the VIN with him and he went ahead and made the appointment. We'll see how it goes.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:53 PM

I took mine in for the rear window noise and asked about the sensor. The service writer said I wasn't affected. Since I didn't have the VIN range I choose not to argue and figured I'd get it done later.
When I picked my car up 3 hrs later, low and behold, sensor TSB done as well.
Peak Nissan in Littleton, CO has always been fair with me.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by brianc
I took mine in for the rear window noise and asked about the sensor. The service writer said I wasn't affected. Since I didn't have the VIN range I choose not to argue and figured I'd get it done later.
When I picked my car up 3 hrs later, low and behold, sensor TSB done as well.
Peak Nissan in Littleton, CO has always been fair with me.

How does the car feel now?
Old 01-17-2004, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by MIKE2K2
Would the car be safe to drive (to the dealer) if the sensor(s) were bad?

Mine went bad the other night while i was sitting in park and idiling, the engine just quit. The only way to start it back up again was to put the gas pedal to the floor while turning the key.

The weird thing is after i got i started there was no SES light. It came on the next morning When i tried it again. I don't know maybe it had to think about it.

After i pulled the codes and found out what it was i called my good old Nissan Service Dept. They didn't even know about the recall. they tried to tell me that it was only for the altima. Finally he looked up my VIN and came to his senses. So now my Max is sitting in the driveway untill tues. when it is scheduled to go in.

if the car wont start or you feel it is too dangereous to drive make them tow it in at the expense.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
I went into the dealership today to pick up some touch-up paint and wanted to see about making an appointment for this as well, so I took the printed out Recall PDF with me. The service advisor was aware of the recall, but asked me if I had received a letter. After saying no, that I found out via the internet, he was a bit hesitant about setting up my appointment. He said that these parts are limited and since I didn't have my letter yet, that my Max may not be included. I verified the VIN with him and he went ahead and made the appointment. We'll see how it goes.
Even if his supply of sensor kits is limited, he can order the kits in for the affected engine. I did not have any problem at all with my dealer. I never even showed any documentation. In fact, I made an appointment over the phone.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:19 PM
CJ7

brianc: How do you like Peak? I bought my 2k from Empire with a bad sway bar link that they were going to replace under warrenty. Took them over a month to get the part and by then I had allready replaced it. Elway Nissan told me to come back after my warrenty expired and they would be happy to help me out. I'm in SE Aurora/Parker.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Had the engine sensor recall taken care of today and so far, no difference in the way the car behaves whatsoever. Took about 90 minutes for them to get it all done.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Oh hi....

Just pulled my letter out of the mailbox, i wonder what TSBs i need to get done. Kill a few birds with one stone ya know.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:07 PM

Took mine in this week to get the "engine sensor"
recall done on it, about 90 minutes later she was done and at first I thought it felt a little sluggish
but I think it is fine now (especially with new Berk intake I just put on today)
Old 01-22-2004, 09:34 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by 03maximan
Took mine in this week to get the "engine sensor"
recall done on it, about 90 minutes later she was done and at first I thought it felt a little sluggish
but I think it is fine now (especially with new Berk intake I just put on today)

Nissan does recalls? I thought they only had TSB's
Old 01-23-2004, 06:21 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by skalberti
Nissan does recalls? I thought they only had TSB's
Check posts 6, 12, and 17.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:37 AM

I took mine in today and they are doing the recall. they said there were two the engine and the gas pedal.

Adam
Old 01-23-2004, 09:23 AM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Check posts 6, 12, and 17.

Dude, I was just being a smart A**. Issuing a recall seems too honest for Nissan to do.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:59 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

I just now got mine in the mail. I can't wait to call my local Nissan service department.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:40 PM

Thinking the title of this thread referred to the another recall, I never paid any attention to this thread until today.....today I got my recall letter.

More than ever, I think the days that I have my 5G are numbered....