5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Looks Good Like HID's Should

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 12:18 AM
I live life on the edge

Looks Good Like HID's Should

Well I finally got my Bohmen H3 HID " Bling" kit. At first I was skeptical looking at the wiring and seeing how it was all going to work. Usually on a reflector housing the ceramic rod is on the bottom to prevent glare being reflected up, but for some reason these have the ceramic rod on the side. These have an excellent beam pattern and exact factory cut off beam. I shined my lights on the garage door and marked where the beams hit. The HIDs hit in the same spots. I've taken a lot of good pics during the install and different views after the install. They use a 6500 k bulb which is only a hint bluer than the stock 4300k bulbs so there isn't a whole big difference between the two. I took pictures of the kit as well as the mods to the housing. I used relays with heavier guage wire and a 20 amp fuse because I didn't trust the factory size wire. I still used the factory wires to switch the relays so they still work like stock, it would be easy to switch the input over to my parking lights and have them come on with them. I drilled out the factory cap and kept the vent and mounting hing inside rather than just goop a bunch of silicone to hold and seal everything. I mounted the ballasts and igniters in the front bumper area so I couldn't get pics of that due to the location. Bohmen says not to mount the ballasts to metal, looking at the factory ballasts they are mounted to plastic and are half shrouded by the plastic. So I kept from the metal. I also have pics with a view from inside the car. Like I said, it looks like the sun landed in front of my car. I took it for a test drive to let them burn in. Two good things I noticed 1. no one was blinded by them or flashed their high beams at me 2. the pigs didn't have a problem since i past one and sat at a red light facing one. I'm away from home so I can't post the pics right now, but I will post them thur or fri.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:24 AM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

2. the pigs didn't have a problem since i past one and sat at a red light facing one.

Are we a bit bitter about the popo...
Old 12-24-2003, 06:24 AM

yes. out of uniform they are great guys sure. in uniform all PIGs suck!!
Old 12-24-2003, 08:40 AM

its the not pigs im scurred of, its people who steals our HIDS I am worried about. When those $$ signs show up on their eyes, I get scurred.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Oh hi....

Wow, i break the law, therfore they are the pigs when they do their job.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:10 AM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by kcgc187
Wow, i break the law, therfore they are the pigs when they do their job.

I know your a cop, and I have a lot of friends that are state troopers and highway police. They're all great guys. As with everything though there are always a couple with a chip on their shoulder that love authority. Those are the ones I'm referring to. Sorry to stereo type "all" cops. Some people just like to nit pick at unimportant things, even when I'm not breaking the law.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:12 AM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by maximo-SE
its the not pigs im scurred of, its people who steals our HIDS I am worried about. When those $$ signs show up on their eyes, I get scurred.

The fogs aren't a two bolt de-install job. Would taek a lot longer to get them out. Plus they don't come with factory HID fogs so you'll be incognito with these and it will be our little secret.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by skalberti
The fogs aren't a two bolt de-install job. Would taek a lot longer to get them out. Plus they don't come with factory HID fogs so you'll be incognito with these and it will be our little secret.

yeah i know dude. I was talking about something else. hahaha, I was talking about the matching Bohem bulbs for the headlights along with the fogs. If I were to upgrade to h3 HIDS then I would definitely get the matching headlight bulbs too. That would attract a lot of attention.

Are the 6500K fogs blending in well with the factory HID Headlights??
Old 12-24-2003, 09:26 AM

Wow -- that picture of your car REALLY illustrates the fact that you need to get some new springs and drop that be-atch!!!

gr

Nice write-up, by the way. I would LOVE to have those.....
Old 12-24-2003, 09:35 AM

Goody, another happy member with Bohmen
Old 12-24-2003, 09:43 AM

Get some pics up!
Old 12-24-2003, 07:26 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by ghostrider17
Wow -- that picture of your car REALLY illustrates the fact that you need to get some new springs and drop that be-atch!!!

gr

Nice write-up, by the way. I would LOVE to have those.....

I'll upload the pics when I get to the house. I'm also checking into coilovers. Right now it looks like i can lock in the hubs and go 4X4 cross country. Ya did be-atch needs to sit lower.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:53 PM
I live life on the edge

Now we have pics of H3 HID

I'll upload the pics when I get to the house. I'm also checking into coilovers. Right now it looks like i can lock in the hubs and go 4X4 cross country. Ya did be-atch needs to sit lower.

Ok Here's the pics I promised. I have pics of various angles outside the car and inside the car looking out. I also show some pics of me drilling out the cap that seals the back of the housing along with a stock one next to it. I put PIAA super white duel LED's in my parking lights. They're supposed to be white, but damn if they look purple. Enjoy!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/482900/2
Old 12-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

can you tell me where did you get teh Bohmen H3 HID kit?
and how much did you spend? if you don't mind =)

thanks
Old 12-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I know your a cop, and I have a lot of friends that are state troopers and highway police. They're all great guys. As with everything though there are always a couple with a chip on their shoulder that love authority. Those are the ones I'm referring to. Sorry to stereo type "all" cops. Some people just like to nit pick at unimportant things, even when I'm not breaking the law.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:31 AM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by 30585

www.proxenon.com

They cost $450, but if your an org member you get a discount. One of the org memebers works there. Just make sure you tell them.

Shawn