5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New Mbr here: Hey guyz check this out

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 04:12 PM

New Mbr here: Hey guyz check this out

Guyz this is my 1st post, and i'm very sad, the daam mechanic at the dealer set this up. I took my 03 max for a recall at the dealer here in Queens NY, for the crank sensor change, they switch my setting on the alarm(have DEI Viper and factory active) to valet mood, they didn't tell me, i also didn't pay any attention to that(myself a Di..h.ad), later in the nite 1am my Rodeo alarm went off, check outside, HID's from MAX gone. Guyz i have this car 9mths, if anyone in my neighborhood wanted to steal my HID's they would a take it a long time ago. Guyz beware of dealers, they are the ones stealing the HID's. Anyway can someone tell me where i can get these to or should i change to the Angel eyes. I really don't wanna spend no more than $500.

GT
Old 05-05-2004, 05:16 PM

you honestly think that the dealers are stealing everybody's HIDs?
Old 05-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Ben

Certainly possible. There have been stranger things.
Tell the police your theory. They can ask other HID vitims in the area if they visited that dealer recently.

I doubt that's what's going on, but you never know.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ben
Certainly possible. There have been stranger things.
Tell the police your theory. They can ask other HID vitims in the area if they visited that dealer recently.

I doubt that's what's going on, but you never know.
It can be a coincidence, but very well maybe that the mechanics at the dealership deliberately switched off your alarm and stole the HIDs the same night knowing your address and all. I say investigate on this one, not sure how though.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:47 PM

That's an unusual one. Very hard to prove but with reasonable doubt. As far as getting new HID, it's gonna cost you well over a grand for it.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by gtmassive75
Guyz this is my 1st post, and i'm very sad, the daam mechanic at the dealer set this up. I took my 03 max for a recall at the dealer here in Queens NY, for the crank sensor change, they switch my setting on the alarm(have DEI Viper and factory active) to valet mood, they didn't tell me, i also didn't pay any attention to that(myself a Di..h.ad), later in the nite 1am my Rodeo alarm went off, check outside, HID's from MAX gone. Guyz i have this car 9mths, if anyone in my neighborhood wanted to steal my HID's they would a take it a long time ago. Guyz beware of dealers, they are the ones stealing the HID's. Anyway can someone tell me where i can get these to or should i change to the Angel eyes. I really don't wanna spend no more than $500.

GT
Which dealer did you go to Queens Nissan , Nemet Nissan, Star Nissan or Koeppel Nissan? Do tell us so we stay away from them. On the ironic side you may have to take the issue up with the insurance company and let nissan install the anti-theft (piece of crap) kit on the lights. Goodluck.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by blue2k2
you honestly think that the dealers are stealing everybody's HIDs?

Hey its very possible, in January here in Orlando and Titusville there were two that were working at two Honda dealerships and everybody who had hooked up Hondas would come in to get service , they would steal there cars later on and even sell OEM honda parts to outsiders. The company started noticing inventory was missing like crazy , they had that scam going on for little over a year.

So its very possible , that somebody shady in in the theft ring up there.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:15 PM

I would go back and take it up with the dude that switched you alarm off. It is their responsibility to give you back your car exactly as you brought it to them. They have insurance for **** like that...
Old 05-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wow, that's an idea I hadn't thought of, but definately possible. From a guy who got his stereo jacked the day after dropping by a new stereo shop and providing my address, this doesn't surprise me. They know where you live, and the mechanics know just how easy the prey is. However, aren't they required to mention the anti-theft kit to you? You may have a case.

Pretty ironic that the guys installing the anti-theft kits may be the thieves.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:48 AM

well Guyz i went back to dealer and find out who was working on my car, the service manager didn't give me his name, also they were making excuses about letting me know they alarm was off.
Guyz i'm not saying the dealer done this, but the mechcanic that work on the car, he's is the one that involve, i'm trying to get a tv station to investgate, also when the adjuster comes i will let him know. The Dealer was (Q....s N...an), for the guyz who live in queens,don't want to spell it out. Also the dealer never told me about the bracket they should put on for the lights. Should the dealer suppose to let me know about the bracket? Need your help guyz.Anyway can someone tell me where i can get the Angel eyes to buy.
Thanks.

GT
Old 05-07-2004, 05:18 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

If indeed your mechanic was part of this theft, that's really messed up. Nobody can be trusted nowadays.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:32 AM

You'd better have some definitive proof before you start making accusations publicly like this. So far, it appears you've set yourself up for a big slander and defamation lawsuit.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:42 AM

its a possibility........
Old 05-07-2004, 08:00 AM

I dont think the dealer itself is doin this, but the mecanics themselves know the value of them and how to quickly take'm off- besides half the mecanics out there workin' in dealerships are not only ricers, they are well into the black market in auto parts
Old 05-07-2004, 11:56 AM

big brother is watching......

....tv
Old 05-07-2004, 02:27 PM
I Miss My Maxima

It's not the dealer's fault your HIDs got jacked. Can you say with 100% certainty that if your alarm had not been deactivated your HIDs would not have been stolen?

Maybe if your alarm was active on the Maxima and went off you would have had time to run outside and get shot at, or stabbed, or something else nasty.

OTOH, dealers are not supposed to mess with customer's vehicles like that. But you'd have a real hard time proving a direct causal link between your HIDs getting stolen and the dealership turning your alarm off...

unless...another possibility is that the mechanic is in cahoots with some buddies and running his own little HID theft ring out of the shop...that would be a bad thing...in which case the dealer should be 100% liable and then some.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:32 PM

Hey Guyz u know what, let close the topic off, what i can say i hurts to have something stolen from you, when u can see the evidence but can't prove it. I only hope none of you took your car to the dealer and later that nite someone steal it or take something off it. I'm asking if a moderator can just close this topic.

GT
Old 05-07-2004, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by gtmassive75
Hey Guyz u know what, let close the topic off, what i can say i hurts to have something stolen from you, when u can see the evidence but can't prove it. I only hope none of you took your car to the dealer and later that nite someone steal it or take something off it. I'm asking if a moderator can just close this topic.

GT
Why close the thread? That makes no sense unless it's because you're afraid of legal trouble. It's an interesting topic and I like conspiracy theories.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:05 PM

Well Y i was suggesting to close the thread, was it seems to me, that some mbrs think it's not the mechanic a the dealer is doing this or setting this up, as i mention before, i have my car for 10 mths, if someone wanted to steal those HID's that live around me, would have done it a long time ago, i'm just wondering y, only when i took the car to the dealer for the 1st time, later that nite my HID's are gone and why my Alarm was in valet mood. Just a thought to ponder on.

GT
Old 05-09-2004, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by paralyse
It's not the dealer's fault your HIDs got jacked. Can you say with 100% certainty that if your alarm had not been deactivated your HIDs would not have been stolen?

Maybe if your alarm was active on the Maxima and went off you would have had time to run outside and get shot at, or stabbed, or something else nasty.

OTOH, dealers are not supposed to mess with customer's vehicles like that. But you'd have a real hard time proving a direct causal link between your HIDs getting stolen and the dealership turning your alarm off...

unless...another possibility is that the mechanic is in cahoots with some buddies and running his own little HID theft ring out of the shop...that would be a bad thing...in which case the dealer should be 100% liable and then some.

Nowadays u can bring anything to court and win thats what insurance is for. But i would talk to a lawyer and see what he says if u have a case or not and take it to court cuase, I was a technician for Chevy and I know we cant touch anything in the car not even the radio, u are supposed to do whats asked by the customer and nothing else. Also the manager is always gonna try and tell u something else cuase his job is to make money for the dealer not lose money so he is not gonna say ok well since my tech deactivated your alarm we will give u HID's na dont work that way he gonna try his hardest just to get u off his case so just bring police report of yoru HID's getting stolen and the bill of the day u went to the dealer and talk to a lawyer. GOOD LUCK. this is also a reason i dont want HID's cause of ***** *** ppl that cant buy there own ****.