5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima owners who treat their Max like sh*t.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 12:16 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Arnold:

Sounds like your uncle and my brother should get together one day and talk about how they both treated thier max
Old 06-01-2004, 01:28 PM

I smoke, but my car has NEVER seen a cig. Its really not that hard to just have a smoke before you get in or wait until you get out. It does suk if you get stuck ni traffic, but it makes the cigarette that much better when you get to your destination.

Care wise: I wash the car every weekend, wax it every few months, and keep the interior clean so I dont have to detail the inside all that often. Mobil 1 syn. every 3k. And I very rarely step into it. The VQ doesn't see above 3000rpm but a handfull of times per week.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by maximo-SE
wow that video was nice.... hahaha i guess you are getting new tires???

I dont know if you guys can agree with me but I keep my car clean like almost all the time and it hurts twice as much when I get mysterious dents or paint chips.... it feels like I wasted time keeping my car clean....

oh well, i guess its just me.
Yup - those were the stock potenza's so it didn't hurt my feelings one bit to get rid of those things. Since then, I've upgraded to the Pirelli PZero Nero's - very nice tires (Tire Rack Detail ).

I have 2 dings, very small, however I have no clue where they came from... to me that's more painful than burning off some tires.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by MaxSE2k
Yup - those were the stock potenza's so it didn't hurt my feelings one bit to get rid of those things. Since then, I've upgraded to the Pirelli PZero Nero's - very nice tires (Tire Rack Detail ).

I have 2 dings, very small, however I have no clue where they came from... to me that's more painful than burning off some tires.

Hey dude, are the pzero neros better than the falken Ze512? they seem to be about 22 bucks more than the Falken 512s... just wondering because I can feel my car struggling on corners during rainy days, and I have about 16000 miles on the potenzas already.... I NEED NEW TIRES!!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 04:07 PM

ok.. i feel the need to step in here
my ****-retentive reflex's are kicking in and i'm sure PrinzII will sympathize.

It is NOT NOT NOT NOT bad for your paint to wax and wash every week. I dunno where you guys are getting this information but it's simply not true. Waxing and washing on a regular basis will not only prolong the life of your paint but also prevent damage from things such as pollution, road grime, acid rain, bird poop, industrial fallout etc. Perhaps this is some sort of extension of another one of those old school 'hotrod myths' from the days of lead based single process paint and solid blocks of carnuba used for waxing.

Arnold K. : please do not ever ever use windex and paper towels on your paint again. Keep a microfiber or 100% cotton towel in your car and a spray bottle of 70/30 alcohol water mixture in your car for just such an occurance. Paper towels will scratch your paint, and ammonia will damage your clear coat. The alcohol solution should neutralize the acid in the poop and dissolve it enough to wipe away.

lastly Wht98SE: Never lend an unbroken car to a man with a broken car. Unbroken will return broken.

but you already knew that

ok enuff out of me
Old 06-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Z

Pics are coming in a second. Uploading now.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Z

Rear corner bruise:

Huge gash:

Scrraaaaaaaatch:
Old 06-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Z

Warped hood:

Scraaaaaaatch!

You can't see it that well, but it's a dent AND a scraaatch:
Old 06-01-2004, 08:42 PM

holy cow, Arnold, your uncle's max and mine suffered almost the same abuse to the exterior

do me a favor, Arnold, as I'm slapping my brother upside the head for what he did to my max and telling him he should never own a maxima for as long as he lives , slap your uncle upside the head as well and tell him the same thing

my brother

arnold's uncle

Chinkzilla: I will see to it that my brother doesn't set foot in the driver's seat of my Max ever again, besides he'll be happy once he gets his new X3 this month, he can care less about the maxima now that he's gone BMW

MaxSE2k: the dings you mentioned are nothing compared to the torture that my max and Arnold's max have encountered on the outside
Old 06-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Z

My uncle's a short tempered guy. He jokes around a lot, but if I joke on his car he gets ****ed.

I told you it was bad, dude. It's just like...what's the point? Why'd you get the car in the first place? You know what's worse? It's a lease. The dealership is going to turn his pockets inside out.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Z

There needs to be a detention facility for people who purposely treat their Maxes like trash.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:22 PM

Wht98SE

20 bucks he destroys that car too.. any takers?
Old 06-02-2004, 12:34 AM

Check out this video. This is by far the most abuse I've ever seen a Maxima take before. Sorry for non-yahoo members. This video can also be seen at http://www.oman-hp.com/ I think their video section is down at the moment though.

Dave
02 Maxima SE
85 El Camino w/Turbo V6 swap
Old 06-02-2004, 05:14 AM

whoa... that maxima got raped...... wonder how much that exterior job is gonna cost... :/
Old 06-02-2004, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Know any of them? I certainly do. My uncle has an 03 GLE, grey lustre, with 6-CD changer, and leather (no spoiler)...and you should see how terrible the car looks. Massive (MASSIVE!) dent on left corner of the bumper, dents on the doors, near the gas tank, scratches, and the hood is warped so it doesn't close fully.

I want to shed a tear everytime I see that car. I'll try to post some pics of it, it looks worse than it sounds.
If he lives in NYC then that explains a lot. In every other part to the country, cars are status symbols, or a means of expression, or a hobby or a form of style. To New Yorkers, cars are simply a means of conveyance; and typically an inconvenient one at that. (This past weekend, I watched some lady trying to parallel park an old S Class Benz in a pretty wide parking spot where she needlessly popped the front end of someone's new CRV, while her husband directed her; when she was done, he told her 'Good Job'. I thought WTF?!? I actually pulled along side of her said one word to her----"Hyundai!" Of course a look of confusion came over her.)

With a few exceptions, New Yorkers have NO regard to babying, cleaning or even maintaining a car by the standard of non-New York Americans.

When I worked at Hertz, some of the city locations were also public garages. I saw SO MANY highend Benzes, BMWs and even the occassional Ferraris with door dings, deep scrapes and ripped bumpers.

If I lived in NYC, I'd simply never own a car. (And given how most New York City people drive outside of NYC, I'd definitely recommend Greyhound or Amtrak for interstate travel.)

Peace.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:18 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by F23A4
If he lives in NYC then that explains a lot. In every other part to the country, cars are status symbols, or a means of expression, or a hobby or a form of style. To New Yorkers, cars are simply a means of conveyance; and typically an inconvenient one at that. (This past weekend, I watched some lady trying to parallel park an old S Class Benz in a pretty wide parking spot where she needlessly popped the front end of someone's new CRV, while her husband directed her; when she was done, he told her 'Good Job'. I thought WTF?!? I actually pulled along side of her said one word to her----"Hyundai!" Of course a look of confusion came over her.)

With a few exceptions, New Yorkers have NO regard to babying, cleaning or even maintaining a car by the standard of non-New York Americans.

When I worked at Hertz, some of the city locations were also public garages. I saw SO MANY highend Benzes, BMWs and even the occassional Ferraris with door dings, deep scrapes and ripped bumpers.

If I lived in NYC, I'd simply never own a car. (And given how most New York City people drive outside of NYC, I'd definitely recommend Greyhound or Amtrak for interstate travel.)

Peace.

I visited NYC this past weekend for the first time in a long time. Without a doubt, I wouldn't own a car or I'd own a Civic...even if I was worth $1million. Even so, I was surprised at the number of Navigators, Escalade/ESV, and Range Rovers I saw; how can they manage to park those things? Of course, I was driving an Aztec while I was there and didn't encounter any trouble.

The car becomes nothing but a depreciating, disposable source of transportation.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chinkzilla
Wht98SE

20 bucks he destroys that car too.. any takers?
Chinkzilla: Not surprised one bit w/ the mechanical conditon he left it in .. I'm already having problems on cold starts
Old 06-02-2004, 06:42 AM

That's the same mentality my uncle has. But that mentality is missing a grain of login. Most of us paid nearly $30,000 for the car. We want to keep the car looking its worth. We paid 30k and we want to keep the car looking like a $30k car. If people buy a $30k car and treat it like sh*t and then say "who cares, as long as it runs", then why not buy some low-range Daihatsu, Hyundai, or Kia? Spending 30 grand on a car only to treat it like crap...now THAT'S a waste of money.
i payed $17,000 for 2002 not $30,000. big difference... and if you read again carefully what i said i do change everything on time. just because i dont drive it like a 60 year old doesnt mean i treat it like ****.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by maximo-SE
whoa... that maxima got raped...... wonder how much that exterior job is gonna cost... :/
maximo-SE:

which max? mine? or Arnold's?