5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Disconnected hoses and CAI

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Disconnected hoses and CAI

I have a 2000 and I notice that I have 3 hoses going into my air intake resonator. The crankcase ventilation tube and two others each a different size and both smaller than the crankshaft ventilation tube. Where would the smaller 2 connect on a CAI or Berk? What do they do? Looks like the smallest may go to the fuel pressure regulator, but not sure. I also have a hose going from my front air scoop to my tranny. Not sure what that does either. My question is if I go with a CAI or ram air (like the Berk) where do these other hoses connect? What do I do with them and what effect does the fact that these hoses are disconnected have? I'm sure someone thought this through when creating these after-market intakes, but I'm very curious. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:21 AM

We have the proper connections for those tubes on our intakes. The 02-03 only have one, while the 00-01 have a total of 3.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by cobymoby
We have the proper connections for those tubes on our intakes. The 02-03 only have one, while the 00-01 have a total of 3.
cobymoby, how much for just mid-pipe?
Old 09-10-2004, 08:36 PM

Thanks Coby didn't realize that.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

<shameless plug for berk technology here...>

i put on my intake on about two weeks ago. its very well made. hoses connect right up with no fitment issues. everything fit just perfect and install was a breeze.

</shameless plug>
Old 09-10-2004, 10:19 PM

I have maybe one loose with my weapon r. Not needed, IMO. Since they only went to the resonator, no need to attach them. thanks to my boy on the org. no problems since i installed mine. How do u like it? i find no real increase in perf, why? but there would def be at least 1 not used ne more.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lytheum
<shameless plug for berk technology here...>

i put on my intake on about two weeks ago. its very well made. hoses connect right up with no fitment issues. everything fit just perfect and install was a breeze.

</shameless plug>
I guess his plug is my fault. I pm'd him to ask for his input on this thread figuring he'd be knowledgable on the subject. I looks easy to install, did you notice any difference in power?
Old 09-12-2004, 04:37 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by rule da road
I have maybe one loose with my weapon r. Not needed, IMO. Since they only went to the resonator, no need to attach them. thanks to my boy on the org. no problems since i installed mine. How do u like it? i find no real increase in perf, why? but there would def be at least 1 not used ne more.
if the intake was properly made for it then all vacuum lines willl be plugged. on 2k1, one is a line for the vias & swirl control. the other smaller line is a breather tube that i have seen some leave disconnected. however, if its pulling air, id rather it be pulling air thats filtered instead of dirt, grime or water sitting out. the largest is obviously the crankcase breather.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i noticed a nice power increase. feels stronger on the freeway now. plus with the intake and exhaust everyone loves how my car sounds. gave a friend a ride home today and he was impressed with the aggressive sound my car has. i also drove past a lot of ricers the other night and i swear every single person turned around to watch me drive by.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by sloppymax
if the intake was properly made for it then all vacuum lines willl be plugged. on 2k1, one is a line for the vias & swirl control. the other smaller line is a breather tube that i have seen some leave disconnected. however, if its pulling air, id rather it be pulling air thats filtered instead of dirt, grime or water sitting out. the largest is obviously the crankcase breather.
I agree, I hadn't even thought about the dirty air, but that has to be the biggest reason to have them plugged in. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lytheum
i noticed a nice power increase. feels stronger on the freeway now. plus with the intake and exhaust everyone loves how my car sounds. gave a friend a ride home today and he was impressed with the aggressive sound my car has. i also drove past a lot of ricers the other night and i swear every single person turned around to watch me drive by.
Yeah see my ride's stock, no freer flowing exaust to take full advantage of a freer flowing intake, but the fact that you noticed such a big difference should mean that I'll notice something. Thanks