5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 05:02 AM
It's business time.

Bulbs

I order some inexpensively priced bulbs from autolumination and I guess I got what I paid for. The H3 fogs were supposed to be super white krypton or something and turned out to be blue tinted and very blue light, although it was bright. One already burned out after less than 2 days, $6 total, so no real big loss.

Then the brake lights I bought are chrome coated and turned out to be very dull compared to OE. The blinkers are the same. The reverse ligihts are OK I guess, they are blue. My dome light is a 4 LED and it is blue also, although it is supposed to be super white.

Here are my questions:

What is the bulb for our maplight? Please don't show me that big list on the audatious sight because I can't figure it out there. Also, is there any way I can get brake/running lights that are brighter than OEM and rear blinkers that are also brighter?
Old 10-05-2004, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by ABDomega
Then the brake lights I bought are chrome coated and turned out to be very dull compared to OE. The blinkers are the same. The reverse ligihts are OK I guess, they are blue. My dome light is a 4 LED and it is blue also, although it is supposed to be super white.

Here are my questions:

What is the bulb for our maplight? Please don't show me that big list on the audatious sight because I can't figure it out there. Also, is there any way I can get brake/running lights that are brighter than OEM and rear blinkers that are also brighter?
Are you using stock tails? If so, why would you get chrome coated bulbs for the brake light? It's hidden behind the red anyway. The chrome is just going to filter some light so of course it won't be as bright and then it has to go through a red lense. Use the stock bulb and you should get the best effect for the brake light.

For the blinkers, it uses a clear lense so it doesn't affect it too much. Still appears and is bright.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:39 AM

i searched but could not find a maplight for the 00-03.

Here is the bulb chart that I found in the FAQs: http://www.win.net/audtatious/audio/...bulbchart.html
Old 10-05-2004, 09:29 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Anuj
Are you using stock tails? If so, why would you get chrome coated bulbs for the brake light? It's hidden behind the red anyway. The chrome is just going to filter some light so of course it won't be as bright and then it has to go through a red lense. Use the stock bulb and you should get the best effect for the brake light.

For the blinkers, it uses a clear lense so it doesn't affect it too much. Still appears and is bright.
I didn't think I was getting chrome filtered bulbs, I thought they were going to be extra bright, but I guess those don't exist. Thanks for your help though.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:40 PM
It's business time.

I am awesome at foglight replacement

Not to toot my horn or anything. JK

I have become very efficient and fast at my foglight replacement. I first thought I never could do it and now look at me. I just replaced both my fogs (the cheap kryptons from autolumination burned out) in less than 20 minutes (both of them) without jacking up the car and only with a 10mm socket and ratchet and a screwdriver.

Talk to me if you need help on this. I've done it 3 times already.