5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

one race..two wins

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2001, 09:04 AM

Had my first race yesterday and have to say while I know the max isn't the fastest or the best it still hauls! Anyway driving home yesterday from DC and once I finally got out of traffic I decided it was time to open her up. So I pull behind this integra and follow him for a coupple of minutes thinking he'd floor it any minute, he's doing about 60. Finally move over a lane and and pull level (wasn't intending to show him up but I think that what he thought). As I pull level with the integra, guys shoots me look and floors it. At the same time on the right is a civic with tints, a tin can muffler, and he floors it too! I let them go a second, thinking screw them, then change my mind, down shift to 3rd (not the smartest thing to do but hey had to catch them), redline shift into fourth, and continue pulling on them both. ten seconds later I am gone, shift into fifth and just keep haulin...these guys are weaving in and out of traffic trying to catch me...no luck they couldn't even get close. But the best part is there is speed trap I know of...and as I start to approach it...slow down real quick, they guy in the integra pulls up behind me and also slows. The guy in the civic flys by and pulls in front puts on his blinkers on trying to insinuate that he won and then floors it again. Idiot gets pulled over! Guy in the integra pulls up next to me gives me the thumbs up and takes the next exit. Showed those honda boys what a sporty four sedan can do!
Old 04-15-2001, 10:11 AM
Got Bent?

Nice job..... it helps to know about those pesky speed traps.....too bad for that civic
Old 04-15-2001, 10:20 AM

Haha... love it.. the ricer fly-by got him busted.
Old 04-15-2001, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by punkdork
Haha... love it.. the ricer fly-by got him busted.

hehehe ricers... hehehehe
Old 04-15-2001, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by max2001se
Had my first race yesterday and have to say while I know the max isn't the fastest or the best it still hauls! Anyway driving home yesterday from DC and once I finally got out of traffic I decided it was time to open her up. So I pull behind this integra and follow him for a coupple of minutes thinking he'd floor it any minute, he's doing about 60. Finally move over a lane and and pull level (wasn't intending to show him up but I think that what he thought). As I pull level with the integra, guys shoots me look and floors it. At the same time on the right is a civic with tints, a tin can muffler, and he floors it too! I let them go a second, thinking screw them, then change my mind, down shift to 3rd (not the smartest thing to do but hey had to catch them), redline shift into fourth, and continue pulling on them both. ten seconds later I am gone, shift into fifth and just keep haulin...these guys are weaving in and out of traffic trying to catch me...no luck they couldn't even get close. But the best part is there is speed trap I know of...and as I start to approach it...slow down real quick, they guy in the integra pulls up behind me and also slows. The guy in the civic flys by and pulls in front puts on his blinkers on trying to insinuate that he won and then floors it again. Idiot gets pulled over! Guy in the integra pulls up next to me gives me the thumbs up and takes the next exit. Showed those honda boys what a sporty four sedan can do!
Sad part is that the Civic owner will probably go brag to his friends that he beat a Maxima and Integra.
Old 04-15-2001, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

Sad part is that the Civic owner will probably go brag to his friends that he beat a Maxima and Integra.

yeah he probably will...and he got a nice momento of his "win"...a big freaking ticket!
Old 04-15-2001, 07:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

hahah... NOT with the TICKET he won't. hahahha...