5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Homelink Doesn't Work :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Homelink Doesn't Work :-(

I believe I just hold the default homelink to the garage and press the button on the homelink in the car at the same time until the light stops blinking. My homelink is not working when I press the button. I held the two buttons down together bout 10 seconds for several times but no luck. Any help?
Old 11-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Reported

you probably have the rolling code feature on your garage door opener. you need to press the program button on the garage door opener and the homelink button in the car. you may need 2 people and a ladder to reach the box on the garage door.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah, our garage door openers have that, I had to open my sunroof, take off my shoes, park it under the door opener and program it while standing up through the sunroof opening to hit the button.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:58 PM

but the thing is i did that before without touch the garage door openers with my 97 maxima GLE... samething with my parent's cars.... they jus press the button and the one on the default one.. and it's done... but my car (STRANGELY) doesn't work...
Old 11-07-2004, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by ZeRo MaX
but the thing is i did that before without touch the garage door openers with my 97 maxima GLE... samething with my parent's cars.... they jus press the button and the one on the default one.. and it's done... but my car (STRANGELY) doesn't work...
Well, this is a different car we're talkin about now.... not every Homelink is the same and most of us have had to do the 2nd step using the training button on the garage door opener in order for the Homelink buttons to work. I'm not sure what else to tell ya, but it doesn't really seem all that strange to me... you just have to use the training button to program the remote, that's all.

If it doesn't work even after that, then it'll be "strange".... so try it and let us know how it goes....
Old 11-07-2004, 06:20 PM

Ok.. i'll try it out tomorrow after work and see what happens.. hopefully it will.. thanx everybody...
Old 11-07-2004, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ZeRo MaX
Ok.. i'll try it out tomorrow after work and see what happens.. hopefully it will.. thanx everybody...
Cool... by the way... if ya need programming instructions or technical assistance or something... here's the link...

http://www.homelink.com/program/programming.tml

Hope it all works out for ya....
Old 11-07-2004, 07:33 PM

look in the Maxima owners manual. When I programed mine, I followed the directions in the manual for the rolling codes and it worked fine. It took several tries before I got it to work, so keep trying untill it does work.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:49 PM

I have done all of the above. And neither of mine work... I am confused, which is the training button? BTW, I'm not mechanically savvy.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by ThunderMaxi
I have done all of the above. And neither of mine work... I am confused, which is the training button? BTW, I'm not mechanically savvy.
You don't have to be savvy to figure this out... all ya do is find the training button (usually a red square), hit it (you will now have 30 secs to initiate the programming), get to your car and push your Homelink button for 2 secs and let go, do this press/hold/release 3 times, and it should work...

Go here for more info and pics...

http://www.homelink.com/program/rolling.html

Contact Homelink or something if it doesn't work.....
Old 11-07-2004, 09:01 PM

The training button is on the garage door opener... AHA! I pressed that. Now, do I need to press the training button 3 times, go to car, press homelink-- 3times. OR press training button, then homelink button 3 times. Thanks for helping lots of folks get testy in here, I just don't know. My parents don't have Homelink in their cars so they never made me figure it out on theirs, know what i mean? Thanks for your help.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by ThunderMaxi
The training button is on the garage door opener... AHA! I pressed that. Now, do I need to press the training button 3 times, go to car, press homelink-- 3times. OR press training button, then homelink button 3 times. Thanks for helping lots of folks get testy in here, I just don't know. My parents don't have Homelink in their cars so they never made me figure it out on theirs, know what i mean? Thanks for your help.
Like I posted above, you hit the training button once, and the Homelink remote button 3 times, holding down for 2 secs each time...

"... find the training button (usually a red square), hit it (you will now have 30 secs to initiate the programming), get to your car and push your Homelink button for 2 secs and let go, do this press/hold/release 3 times..."

Hope that helps...