5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

close encounter

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 07:22 PM

Hay, i got the closest encounter to an accident with my max eva...infact i think that this is the closest to an accident that didn't actually occur ever. i was driving down this raod(limit is 35) and i was goin maybe 7 r 8 miles past limit...but so is everyone else....did i mention it's a one lane road? well, it is. anyhow, this b*tch infront of me just f***ing stopped right in front of me...i guess he/she missed the house he/she wanted to go to...urggg i just wanted to him. i had to f***ing step on the break sooooo hard and of course my abs kicked in. i swear, i thought i was going to definately rear end his car...and it would have been my fault by law too. after i stopped, i know i didn't hit his car but just incase i turned on the emergency light and got out to look....after i got out i started to f***ing swear so much at this lady that was the driver :vampire: i think more profanity came out of me today than my whole life. every damn swear conceivable, i said it today. i swear, i was literally 2 inch away from hitting her car. how close was that? if anyone have a closer encounter, please post because i think i might have the 1st prize award for closest accident. this isn't an award i want to win but...uhhhhh it happened. But luckily everything is ok

PS the thing that made it worst was that she had this peace of **** car that isn't worth more than $200.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:27 PM

i flew off the bridge and gladly landed in a trampoline.. only 1 cm before my front tire would have slipped...
Old 04-23-2001, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
i flew off the bridge and gladly landed in a trampoline.. only 1 cm before my front tire would have slipped...
is this a joke r is it for real? if it's for real...WHY?????? sorry to not get this if it's a joke but there are kooky nuts out there.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by MaxSEAE

is this a joke r is it for real? if it's for real...WHY?????? sorry to not get this if it's a joke but there are kooky nuts out there.
its a joke MaxSEAE.. sorry if u took it for real.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:48 PM

Maxima recieved rear end once. The Pathfinder rear ended a Huge Ford pick up, then the Ford pick up rear ended a Jeep Cherokee and then the Jeep rear ended me. Wow, the driver in the Path finder totalled the Ford Pick up and still had the impact on it to rear end the Jeep Cherokee that ended up causing very big damage at my back. Lucky I wasn't injured. But the car was extremely bad. After the repair, the trunk look new, but I always encouter fatal flaw when opening and closing the trunk. This is the problem that cannot be cured after a hard rear end.

My other car got rear ended to, the SUV that rear ended my Acura was sandwiched between me and the rear ender. The trunk on this car also suffers closing/opening flaw.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:57 PM

Maxima recieved rear end once. The Pathfinder rear ended a Huge Ford pick up, then the Ford pick up rear ended a Jeep Cherokee and then the Jeep rear ended me. Wow, the driver in the Path finder totalled the Ford Pick up and still had the impact on it to rear end the Jeep Cherokee that ended up causing very big damage at my back. Lucky I wasn't injured. But the car was extremely bad. After the repair, the trunk look new, but I always encouter fatal flaw when opening and closing the trunk. This is the problem that cannot be cured after a hard rear end.

My other car got rear ended to, the SUV that rear ended my Acura was sandwiched between me and the rear ender. The trunk on this car also suffers closing/opening flaw.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:59 PM

hey lovesick, u double post sometimes.. dont click submit twice,click it once, sometimes the servers a bit slow.. just ta let cha knoe.
Old 04-23-2001, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick

don't you hate ppl that can't drive? speeding isn't bad but know how to drive.....you know how it's always the rear ender's fault? by law anyway. i think it's soooo bull....like in my situation, it's totally this ladie's fault for stopping for no f***ing apparent reason. considering how many rear ends u you....u might not agree with me.
Old 04-23-2001, 08:09 PM

don't you hate ppl that can't drive? speeding isn't bad but know how to drive.....you know how it's always the rear ender's fault? by law anyway. i think it's soooo bull....like in my situation, it's totally this ladie's fault for stopping for no f***ing apparent reason. considering how many rear ends u you....u might not agree with me.
If you happen to have a chance to explain, it will not be your fault. The witness at your back will tell the truth of what happen.
Old 04-23-2001, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick

If you happen to have a chance to explain, it will not be your fault. The witness at your back will tell the truth of what happen.
I fully disagree. When driving you should leave enough distance to come to a complete stop just in such a situation. Imagine the lady stops cause a kid runs out in the street... her fault then or yours? Or we gonna sue the kid? If you're gonna speed, leave a little extra room in front of you, especially if the driver ahead of you appears to be incompetent.

Enough lecturing.. glad to hear you and your max are ok.
Old 04-23-2001, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by punkdork

I fully disagree. When driving you should leave enough distance to come to a complete stop just in such a situation. Imagine the lady stops cause a kid runs out in the street... her fault then or yours? Or we gonna sue the kid? If you're gonna speed, leave a little extra room in front of you, especially if the driver ahead of you appears to be incompetent.

Enough lecturing.. glad to hear you and your max are ok.
nicely said
Old 04-24-2001, 09:16 AM

what a minute, what was this lady going to accomplish by stopping in the middle of the road when she already missed her street or house or whatever? people like that need to be ****ed on. was she going to turn or something? did she give a signal or something? i hate when people dont signal before they turn, they just slow down, like i'm suppose to know what they are doing. but in your case, i think that both you and the lady in front of you are at fault(if there was an accident), you should be far enough to make a stop, especially going at 40-45 mph, the max has great stopping power(had to throw that in), but then again, that lady shouldn't just be stopping like that on the road like that. i hate it when people say that teens are irresponsible drivers, i'm 18, no wrecks, no tickets. all i ever see are these dumb fools(not teens, older people) driving on the shoulder of the highway, while talking on there cell phone, or changing lanes w/o signaling, tailing me(gawd i hate that). oh, sorry if i sounded mad, just had to let off a bit of steam, this guy in a ford f-350 cut me off today on the interstate, thats why i'm upset.
Old 04-24-2001, 10:39 AM

if anyone have a closer encounter, please post because i think i might have the 1st prize award for closest accident
Years back when I was in college (has it been THAT long?!? ), I was in my dad's car going across the San Francisco / Oakland Bay Bridge. He was on the left lane when all of a sudden he realizes he's missing his exit. For whatever reason, he decides to slam his breaks to stop...ON THE LEFT FAST LANE NEAR THE END OF THE BRIDGE!!! Needless to say I was freaking out as every car behind us stops too. Luckly we just narrowly avoided being the cause of a multi-car rear-ender chain accident! I have no idea why he didn't just change lanes like a normal person. Sheesh!

And another time, my dad was driving my mom to the dentist when he almost drove them both into a light-rail train tunnel!!! I couldn't believe it when my mom told me the story.

My dad is quite probably the worst driver on Earth. Of course, I haven't been in a car with him as the driver for quite a long time now.