5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Squeaking Noise/front Driver Side Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 12:01 PM

Squeaking Noise/front Driver Side Wheel

Does Anyone Else Other Than Myself Experience A Irratating Squeaking Noise That Appears To Be Coming From The Driver Side Wheel (maybe A Spring, A Strut Or Something). I Hear It When Making Right Turns Or Going Over Curbs Or Speed Bumps. I Really Do Not Know A Lot About The Suspension Components, But I Would Really Like To Get Rid Of This Noise. Any Suggestions As To What This May Be?
Old 01-11-2005, 03:36 PM

i heard this about a week ago. im taking mine back to infiniti next week
Old 01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
XGaSpAcHo

this probably isn't the case but i was in a front end collision and i had the same noise for a month later. took it to my mechanic -- turns out it was the rack and pinion steering. taking it back to the body shop in a week to get it replaced.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have this problem but notice it when making a hard left and usually going over an incline like in my parking garage. Sometimes at the drive thru as well when I have the wheel cut all the way to the left. It has been going on for months. I have an appointment at the deal at the end of the month for that and a laundry list of other things.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:15 PM

turn the radio up louder..
Old 01-16-2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by XGaSpAcHo
i was in a front end collision.
hmm, carfax said my car was in a front end collision too...
Old 01-16-2005, 07:45 PM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by sshocker96
hmm, carfax said my car was in a front end collision too...
then go to your local mechanic and have him checkout the rack and pinion steering. it shouldn't take more than a few mins once he has it up on the lift for him to see if it's broken. my guy was able to tell right away.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had this problem as well. I though maybe the brake pad were worn and it was the warning chirp. Took the car to a shop, they said the brake pads were fine.

So I asked what was happening and they said that the rotor had a "Hot Spot" on it, a small area where maybe the rotor had gotten too hot once or something.

A quick rotor turn...problem solved.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by Jopa416
I had this problem as well. I though maybe the brake pad were worn and it was the warning chirp. Took the car to a shop, they said the brake pads were fine.

So I asked what was happening and they said that the rotor had a "Hot Spot" on it, a small area where maybe the rotor had gotten too hot once or something.

Pretty much the same thing here. Dealer said the brakes were fine and said it was just accumulated brake dust causing the problem. I was getting new rotors and pads soon anyway so I didn't worry about it. After I changed the front rotors and pads the noise disappeared.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Jopa416

Thanks for the info. I'm having the same problem. It only seems to squeak at low speeds, not all the time, and when I brake the problem goes away. I pulled the brakes apart, cleaned them, and lubricated the shims. After a few days the noise was back
Old 01-18-2005, 11:10 AM

Mine was in a front end collision too. Had a noise in the front left wheel when first start the car going, ended up being the bushings (should be the control arm bushings)....

realatively cheap fix, came out to 100 with labor and parts.....