5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

must read(btwn the gas and wheel)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 07:48 PM

OK, i woke up at 6 yesturday to go to the dealer because i have to work early and so i have to go extra early so i can get to work in time....i went because of all the thing that i have been reading about a missing part in the max 2k(1)s. You know, the part to guard the sand from being kick through the drainage whole to the place you fill up the gas from the wheel spinning....anyhow, i went there and they had to idea or tried to denied the fact that it was missing it....so i tried to find a new max that they had to proove to them that it was missing...with my luck out of the like 20+ max i looked there, all of them was missing that part, i told them i looked under every max i pass by in my life and a lot of them are missing...then i finally got under an altima and thank fully it was there, they find believed me and went to look in some part books for the max, then they found out that it was missing and every car on there lot was missing it too, so they had to order like 30 of that one thing to put in the all the maxes. HAHAHA so if your missing that part, go to your dealer and dont' give up until u get your part installed by them. they said the part will be in on monday and so i got to wake up early to get it installed again.
Old 04-27-2001, 07:55 PM

Actually I spoke to the Zone Rep for Nissan in S. Florida and that part was considered "unnecessary" and not included on all 2k1 Maxima's. Feel lucky if they replace it at no charge, as I was quote 90.00 if I wanted to add this panel.
Old 04-27-2001, 08:22 PM

"Unecessary" ??? ouch, that's harsh..

hehe... at this rate, the steering wheel will be an option only included with the meridian package on 2003 maxima's (but first, of course, you must purchase leather, and C&C, before getting the steering wheel stock)

:-)

-Tom

Originally posted by killrwheels
Actually I spoke to the Zone Rep for Nissan in S. Florida and that part was considered "unnecessary" and not included on all 2k1 Maxima's. Feel lucky if they replace it at no charge, as I was quote 90.00 if I wanted to add this panel.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:16 PM

Originally posted by MaxSEAE
OK, i woke up at 6 yesturday to go to the dealer because i have to work early and so i have to go extra early so i can get to work in time....i went because of all the thing that i have been reading about a missing part in the max 2k(1)s. You know, the part to guard the sand from being kick through the drainage whole to the place you fill up the gas from the wheel spinning....anyhow, i went there and they had to idea or tried to denied the fact that it was missing it....so i tried to find a new max that they had to proove to them that it was missing...with my luck out of the like 20+ max i looked there, all of them was missing that part, i told them i looked under every max i pass by in my life and a lot of them are missing...then i finally got under an altima and thank fully it was there, they find believed me and went to look in some part books for the max, then they found out that it was missing and every car on there lot was missing it too, so they had to order like 30 of that one thing to put in the all the maxes. HAHAHA so if your missing that part, go to your dealer and dont' give up until u get your part installed by them. they said the part will be in on monday and so i got to wake up early to get it installed again.
I remembered there being a thread about this issue and I looked to see if I had this part and I think that I do. Actually I do have it. Then again my Max is a 2000 model.
Old 04-28-2001, 06:30 AM
Got Bent?

hehe...that's pretty cool how you got the dealer to put parts on all 30 of their maximas