5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Smacked a wall now car wont move

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005 | 03:16 PM

no no no, skoorbmax , u got it all wrong - if we want to pretend our max's can beat an rt10 , then guess what? it does - last nite i took a lamborghini in a race - and won too- unfortunately it was my lil bro's remote control lambo that he put on the street to try and beat me - i was so happy that my max won, i pulled the ebrake at the end to pull a 180 and run over his remote control toy on the return trip! next week i'm racing an f-14 tomcat! wish me luck !
Old 02-08-2005 | 03:42 PM

when its in drive and supposed to be moving see if you see the axle moving like in by transmision
in other words put your head in front of front tire and have a friend rev the gas with it in drive to see if axles spining

whats your new suspension ?
Old 02-08-2005 | 04:29 PM

Sorry ro hear that man....
Old 02-08-2005 | 05:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I love my maxima, but can we please stop even pretending that it can take an RT10 in any case except maybe carrying groceries. Really now. The viper is a race car built from the ground up. It's got tons of power, better physics, suspension, etc. So maybe you can take a 15 mph corner faster when it's snowing and the tide is up, but in 99% of cases you're only winning if the viper is out of gas. All I ask for is a scant amount of reality here.[/QUOTE]

the original rt/10 vipers were s**t. well not s**t, but s**t compared to what a viper is now...

even dodge admids the original viper was not too hot.

the original designer said it was good for burning your legs, having the convertable top leak in the rain and sounding like a UPS truck...

a well tuned Max can take one all right...
Old 02-08-2005 | 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
mdloops instead of INTERNET racing why don't ya come out to a track and race your car ?

I seen 4 RT10s come to my local autoX track and they can't run good times, Maxima isn't the best car in the world to race with due to its size but I keep up with Miatas and SRT4s with good drivers. I do not mess around when its time for racing that involves a little bit more SKILL than just put it in DRIVE and mash the gas pedal to run a time in a straight line. Now new Vipers and even the GTS ones are the sh!zznit, but the old RT10s are not all that. This season I will make a video of me waxn their azz.
Because I could care less what my car does at the track. If I wanted to race at the track I would buy a V8 Stang, pump 5 grand into it an run 10s and laugh at immature punks like you who think just because a car has good power it should be at the track. Like most of us here I did not buy a 4 door sedan to race it on the track. I play sports and work out to relieve tension. Just stop with the fast and furious crap man, that is all we ask. This is not a honda forum.
Old 02-08-2005 | 06:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mdloops
Because I could care less what my car does at the track. IT IS A FAMILY SEDAN. If I wanted to race at the track I would buy a V8 Stang, pump 5 grand into it an run 10s and laugh at immature punks like you who think just because a car has good power it should be at the track. I did not buy the car because I want to race and act like I have more testosterone than I have. I play sports and work out to relieve tension. Just stop with the fast and furious crap man, that is all we ask. This is not a honda forum.

i dont have a family... do i have to trade in my car??

stangs are

people buy a Max so they can have a nice daily driver that will also run its own at the track.

if i did not want something that could handle better i would have bought a Cadillac Seville STS (moving couch) however i wanted the max. i cycle to relive tension, i also have a good spirited drive to relieve tension and to have fun!

you do what you want to your max and let other people do what they want to there max... if you just own a family sedan you might want to remove your y-pipe and other mods... you dont own a honuh remember...
Old 02-10-2005 | 11:18 AM

looks my transmission actually gave out, i told the autoshop over the phone the symptoms (car doesnt move and speedometer and tach go up) they are going to give me money for the original factory wheels instead of the wheels i have on there, but one thing im concerned about the kyb agx i have on there, if they put stocks on ill be pretty upset. since they are going to give me stock rim money ill save another 800-1000 and get 19"s
Old 02-10-2005 | 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by upstatemax
I love my maxima, but can we please stop even pretending that it can take an RT10 in any case except maybe carrying groceries. Really now. The viper is a race car built from the ground up. It's got tons of power, better physics, suspension, etc. So maybe you can take a 15 mph corner faster when it's snowing and the tide is up, but in 99% of cases you're only winning if the viper is out of gas. All I ask for is a scant amount of reality here.

the original rt/10 vipers were s**t. well not s**t, but s**t compared to what a viper is now...

even dodge admids the original viper was not too hot.

the original designer said it was good for burning your legs, having the convertable top leak in the rain and sounding like a UPS truck...

a well tuned Max can take one all right...[/QUOTE]Without enough money a VW bus can out drag a bugatti veyron, but that aside the original viper is more of a performance car than all but the most hopelessly (I say that because who would do it?) upgraded maxima.
Old 02-10-2005 | 12:55 PM
Wat

I will not even comment on your reply. I am too busy laughing.

I've personally seen it do so....hes got a helluva suspension under that thing
Old 02-10-2005 | 01:00 PM
Wat

Because I could care less what my car does at the track. If I wanted to race at the track I would buy a V8 Stang, pump 5 grand into it an run 10s and laugh at immature punks like you who think just because a car has good power it should be at the track. Like most of us here I did not buy a 4 door sedan to race it on the track. I play sports and work out to relieve tension. Just stop with the fast and furious crap man, that is all we ask. This is not a honda forum.

Obviously, the young man got a bit overzealous on the offramp. This hardly qualifies as Fast and the Furious. Second, the one being immature here is you; if you didnt care, you wouldnt be here. There are more of us who visit the track than you think. If you dont have anything constructive to say, please dont post. If you dont like it here, please leave. Thanks.