5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Zaino results

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 09:17 AM

Well, I gave my car the Zaino treatment yesterday after work. I put the polish lock on, then one coat of the polish itself. It looks good...I am impressed though not blown away. Everything I have read about Zaino claims that it looks deeper and wetter with each additional layer...so I think that I am going to put on another layer of polish everyday this week when I get home from work. I'll give another update in a day or two regarding the difference made by successive coats. As a side note, it was really easy to put on and did not leae any of the white powdery buildup in the cracks and crevasses like the gold class I usually use.

Here are three pictures after I was done. Two are with the flash on and one without. Sorry that it is kind of dark but it was getting late when I finished up.

www.dbcyouth.com/max1.jpg
www.dbcyouth.com/max2.jpg
www.dbcyouth.com/max3.jpg
Old 05-01-2001, 09:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by FloMax
Well, I gave my car the Zaino treatment yesterday after work. I put the polish lock on, then one coat of the polish itself. It looks good...I am impressed though not blown away. Everything I have read about Zaino claims that it looks deeper and wetter with each additional layer...so I think that I am going to put on another layer of polish everyday this week when I get home from work. I'll give another update in a day or two regarding the difference made by successive coats. As a side note, it was really easy to put on and did not leae any of the white powdery buildup in the cracks and crevasses like the gold class I usually use.

Here are three pictures after I was done. Two are with the flash on and one without. Sorry that it is kind of dark but it was getting late when I finished up.

Guy it looks awesome.

Seeing your pics makes me wish I had a darker color car, to really let the Zaino shine. My car looks good with the Zaino, but not quite as rich as a darker color...
Old 05-01-2001, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by FloMax
Everything I have read about Zaino claims that it looks deeper and wetter with each additional layer...so I think that I am going to put on another layer of polish everyday this week when I get home from work. I'll give another update in a day or two regarding the difference made by successive coats.
DUDE!!! Your ride looks awesome. I was checking out the Edmunds thread on Zaino as well as reading their site, and concur with your statement about the multiple layers giving more depth.

I sent my check out to them on Saturday so hopefully I'll get my stuff by this weekend. Of course, with Icelandic Pearl, it won't look as sweet as your Super Black but it should help.

Let us know about your progress.

BTW, did you get the Fieldcrest or Cannon towels like they recommended?
Old 05-01-2001, 10:22 AM

I currently use meguiars three step (pre-cleaner, polish ans wax) on my superblack and I can't say my car looks as good. Damn, gonna have to switch to Zaino.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:03 AM

I recently did mine with Zaino and was very impressed, plus the stuff is very easy to work with (read: arms were NOT worn out).

A friend of mine tells me the stuff that really makes it look wet, shiny, and good, is the gloss enhancer spray stuff, that you would apply afterwards. I just ordered a bottle, and am going to re-do it with the enhancer applied.

I am still impressed as it is...
Old 05-01-2001, 11:07 AM

HEY FLOMAX !!

Is that like a "bug guard" on the front edge of your hood, just above your grille?

Where did you get that and who sells them? Is it an OEM accessory?
Old 05-01-2001, 11:08 AM

Man, I can almost see my reflection in the pictures of your car! LOL

Your car looks great! I've been debating between going with Zaino or Finish First, but I think I'm going to put in an order for the Zaino stuff.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:31 AM

What do you all think of the 3M products, the imperial hand glaze has been keeping my car shining for months...
Old 05-01-2001, 11:42 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

OooooooOoooooOooooooOooooooo...... ssssshhhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnyyyyyy.

Looks sharp!
Old 05-01-2001, 11:55 AM

It's very reflective. See http://www.fourthrock.com/maxima/images/reflection.jpg
Old 05-01-2001, 12:32 PM

Rticmax: No I didn't get the special towels. Just the polish lok, the polish, the detailer, and the car wash. The lady I ordered from told me that a clean soft bath towel or terry cloth towel would do just as well. I would consider using a clay bar to get all of the contaminates off of my paint if I were going to do it over again. I was hard to get all the bug and tar crap off the front and behind the wheel wells.

maximawanabee: Yeah it is a bug guard. I got sick of hearing everyone complain about chips so I got a bra. I didn't dig how it looked so I go the guard in the pic. It is molded to the car's shape and because my car is black it doesn't stand out. In fact...it is growing on me and I am starting to like the way it looks. From some angles it makes my front end more aggressive looking....though I am sure I am in the minority in thinking that it looks good.
It took me a while to track this distributor down, but this is where I got the guard. http://www.autostyles.com/carflect.htm

I'll put the second coat on tonight and let you all know how it turns out.
Old 05-01-2001, 01:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by bcannon
What do you all think of the 3M products, the imperial hand glaze has been keeping my car shining for months...
I like the Zaino better.

Everyone: When you order your Zaino, tell them you heard great stuff about it at maxima.org -- helps our rep!

Old 05-01-2001, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by MaineI30

I like the Zaino better.

Everyone: When you order your Zaino, tell them you heard great stuff about it at maxima.org -- helps our rep!

Cool. When I talked to Sal last Friday, I told him I hadn't heard about his stuff until joining up with Maxima.org. He seemed psyched... I think. He's a little low-key. I did the same thing with Paul up at Avalon Racing when I ordered my JWT Pop Charger today. He was happy to hear he was on the sticky parts list. Keep 'em hyped and hopefully they can do good things for us.