5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

You might be a 5th gen owner if...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 08:08 AM

- If after reading about common problems (coils, rattles, maf's) you suddenly swear that your car hs that problem.
- You spend way too much time checking for new post on maxima.org
- Pick on BMW's and Audi's because that is the car the you really wanted.
- Love to kick the crap out of "sports" cars at the stoplight derby in your family car.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Bborges
Damn you guys !!!!!

You guys better hide this thread.... this thing is scary !!!!!

I am a new owner and I am already afraid of these things happening.....

P.S. The fog lights DO sux big time!!! The foggies on my old Contour are as bright as the headlights on the Maxima...

And if they do, consider yourself just like the rest of us...5/5.5 gen owners! We are unique, and kick a$$ in the "family" sedan arena!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:18 AM
XGaSpAcHo

...you laugh at the sight of a civic with "chrome" spinner hub caps

Old 03-17-2005, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by XGaSpAcHo
...you laugh at the sight of a civic with "chrome" spinner hub caps

...or you laugh at the sight of someone with a jacked up Lincoln Continental that has 38'' mud tires on it!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

...if you spent 10 minutes reading this thread just to see how many posts you can relate to.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:30 AM

https://maxima.org is on the top of the list on your favorites list in IE
Old 03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Y2KSilvahSE
https://maxima.org is on the top of the list on your favorites list in IE
... or the first Firefox button...

Actually, the first 3...
Old 03-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Seoul Man

... you get disappointed or upset when you're sitting in front of the computer at 4:30AM on a Tuesday wondering "WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!" while refreshing the page over and over, waiting for people to post some new responses or new threads on the Org.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:48 AM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by spiromax
... you get disappointed or upset when you're sitting in front of the computer at 4:30AM on a Tuesday wondering "WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!" while refreshing the page over and over, waiting for people to post some new responses or new threads on the Org.
man and i thought i had it bad...

Old 03-17-2005, 08:54 AM

I've done that before too.... sad but true...
Old 03-17-2005, 09:04 AM

...you wonder why your Keyfob doesnt have a "windows up" feature
...you have called at least 27 dealerships to try and find one that will advance your timing
...you reset your "drive by wire" as often as your girlfriend/wife gets her period
Old 03-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GaMax97GLE
This is for 2000-2001 owners:

...if you've spent 20 minutes trying to get the key fob to roll down the front windows.
...or if you have an '02 or '03 and drove it for 80k miles before you found out that you can hold down the unlock button and the windows roll down.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by juice
...you wonder why your Keyfob doesnt have a "windows up" feature
5.5 Gen
...your reset your "drive by wire" as often as your girlfriend/wife gets her period
What does resetting the drive-by-wire do for the car?

....if you sit on the Org day and night b*tching about what's wrong with your Maxima, and how Nissan sucks at making cars, instead of just enjoying your car for being better than so many others out there!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Seoul Man

Originally Posted by GBAUER
...or if you have an '02 or '03 and drove it for 80k miles before you found out that you can hold down the unlock button and the windows roll down.
Wait... really? I'm going to go outside and try this right now...
Old 03-17-2005, 09:20 AM
XGaSpAcHo

Wait... really? I'm going to go outside and try this right now...
you can also roll the front two windows down by putting the key in the door and turning it to the right and hold for a few seconds and release when the windows are where you want them to be. and then if you get out of the car and one of your two front windows is up you can put the key in the door and turn to the left and hold it and your windows will go back up.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Seoul Man

you can also roll the front two windows down by putting the key in the door and turning it to the right and hold for a few seconds and release when the windows are where you want them to be. and then if you get out of the car and one of your two front windows is up you can put the key in the door and turn to the left and hold it and your windows will go back up.
I remember seeing a VW commercial where some guy was REALLY excited that his car could do this, and I thought it was dumb. Now I know exactly how that guy felt. I'm going to go wake up my girlfriend. Who cares if she's recovering from surgery. She has to see this.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:24 AM

The thing I like most about our key fobs is that you can still use the lock/unlock/window-down features when the key is in the ignition. I have my key on a detachable key chain from my fob so I can let my car warm up and use the fob to lock/unlock the doors. I know, you guys with remote-start don't have to worry about this, but it's nice for us guys who don't have that feature YET. I'm not sure how many other companies' fobs work this way, but I know Ford doesn't, and I know that BMWs, Volkswagons, etc. can't do this because their fob is part of their key.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by bluecbr600rr
- If after reading about common problems (coils, rattles, maf's) you suddenly swear that your car hs that problem.

SOOO true
Old 03-17-2005, 09:32 AM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by TheBigDu
The thing I like most about our key fobs is that you can still use the lock/unlock/window-down features when the key is in the ignition. I have my key on a detachable key chain from my fob so I can let my car warm up and use the fob to lock/unlock the doors. I know, you guys with remote-start don't have to worry about this, but it's nice for us guys who don't have that feature YET. I'm not sure how many other companies' fobs work this way, but I know Ford doesn't, and I know that BMWs, Volkswagons, etc. can't do this because their fob is part of their key.
i know what you mean. my mom's camry wont let her lock the doors with the car started using the key fob or the button in the door. i have to use a second key in order to do it.

note to self: get a new avatar

Old 03-17-2005, 09:34 AM

ya might be a 5th gen owner if.......... the only time you see a stock mustang gt, is in your rear view mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:34 AM

note to self: get a new avatar
Haha, I was just thinking about that man. Don't worry about it, I've got a new one lined up, I'm going to PM Sprint right now. You can keep the Yankees one, I'll just throw it in my sig or something.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:38 AM

If rattles drown out your premium bose system...
If your local stealer can not duplicate any problems with the car...
If your sunroof opens and stays open...

There are so many!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Maxima Owner

...if ur not really a 5th gen owner but spend ur entire lunch break looking at this thread because u accidently hit the new post button and clicked this thread
Old 03-17-2005, 09:53 AM

...you look through group deals and classifieds everyday, to see if you can find some sweet deals.
...you ever thought of changing your fog bulbs between yellow or white bulbs.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:12 AM

....you look outside every hour at your car in the parking lot making sure your headlights are where they are supposed to be.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by BLUEMAX01SE
ya might be a 5th gen owner if.......... the only time you see a stock mustang gt, is in your rear view mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you beat me at my own Mustang mockery game!!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:28 AM
O'rly

...if you have replaced you fog lights because the glass cracked.
...if you know what a 5 and 5.5 gen is.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:29 AM
O'rly

Originally Posted by GBAUER
I did not know this and I have 69k miles. I got by my 5.5
Old 03-17-2005, 10:30 AM

...if the kid(who wants to race) in the BMW beside you forgets he is in neutral when he mashes the gas!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:23 AM

... if you are installing/modding something and you need to speak to someone else about the mod and you go through 10 different threads looking for their org name so you can PM them but it's no where to be found. Yet, it's always in your face when you don't need help.

... if the first thing you do when you get to work is check your email and org PM.

... if you wonder everytime you look at Juice's signature , should I get those taillights?

... if you refer to someone or diss someone by calling them newbie just becuz they have less then 500 posts.

... if you are age of 30+ and you hate on everyone that brags about a new mod and are under the age of 21 because when you were their age, you were dead broke.

... if you constantly try to decide between G35c rims, 04 max rims, or 350z rims.

... if you have "" in your signature or avator.

... if you have a seperate group labeled "Org buddies" in your AOL or AIM.

... if you tell the valet parker "My headlights turn on automatically, don't touch it"

... if you start a thread with the title and put "56k users, don't bother"

... if you get on the org to check new threads right after having sex.

... if you have a 2000 GXE with 2k3 taillights and 2k3 headlights claiming it's a 2003 Max until I approach you and scream at you cuz you forgot to swap front bumper before lying like a b!tch.

... when you're at a corporate meeting, and you zone out cuz in the back of your mind you're thinking "Should I get 19inch axis spyder with chrome lip or 19inch supermesh2 rims this summer."

... if your thread is so long that it knocks .org off and the moderator has to put up "maxima.org is temporarily down" just to backup/delete your thread.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:39 AM

LMAO...I've done most of those....
Old 03-17-2005, 11:43 AM
scopium

... when u mod your car and still get beat by other cars
... when u brake pads outlast your rotors.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by DaBoxSE
...it takes you about 6 months after owning the car to realize there's no power antenna or passenger side door lock.
OMG! My Max is currently at a body shop with 9.5k damage to it from a rear-ending that shoved me under the van in front of me. I only realized I have no passenger side key hole when I looked at the pic:
http://www.royhooper.ca/gallery/deadcar/P3150180_sm

OMG! 2 years and I never noticed. Yay keyfob.

... if you put off replacing the MAF because you know its bad but the car's working ok
... if you own a code reader and don't bother checking the codes anymore
... if you are looking for your next Maxima while you wait for insurance to tell you if they're repairing or writing it off
Old 03-17-2005, 12:21 PM

...if you've never used your trunk lock to open it

...if you got a SES light because of your gas cap

...if you dont have anyplace in your house to puy your big a$$ stock radio, and other stock parts

Old 03-17-2005, 12:34 PM

so far so good guys

heres my additions

...you really really want DDEs but you are skeptical because of all the complaint threads about ballasts going out

...if you have DDEs, you have 2 extra ballasts JUST IN CASE

...if you are a 00-01 owner, you really really want 5.5 gen HIDS, but damnit, they are so expensive!!

...you have actually thought about getting the projection headlights, then you think "what the hell AM i thinking?"

...you have HIDs in your foglights, and you forget that you never turn your headlights on anymore

...you have Matt from Umnitza on speed dial

...Warpspeed or Cattman Y-pipe?

...you have tried to think of a way to put the Redmax screen in your dash

...you call your car "4 door sports sedan" daily

...you hate reading "will the 5.5 gen headlights bolt right in my 00?"

..."how come i LOSE power when i put my intake in?"

...whenever you are driving, and you see clear corners on a max, you get kinda excited and try to get the other drivers attention to see if they are on the org
Old 03-17-2005, 12:41 PM

if your really bored and reading this post....

if you try to lightly mod cosmetic parts and other OEM parts break on you while you just spend a whole lotta money on mods...

if your own cousin sits in the passenger and starts messing with that lil lever thats on the drivers side for the cushion and you've own the car for (hmm -counting fingers) 6 months now..

if everytime you see another maxima on the road with some reallly really old peeps and kids ..and your life flashes in your eyes ..(crap is this route im going in too?)

if you wonder the SES and the AIRBAG light is constantly flashing or stays on there to mock you or its put there to sublimenal(blah I was bad at spelling) message to take it back to the Expensive dealership to get it check out ...But yet your fighting to resisit .

oh yeah ..one more ..

if you wonder when the next lil thiefs might steal the clear side markers..
Old 03-17-2005, 02:21 PM

....If you just replaced your passenger side wheel bearing and now found out you have to replace your driver's side as well

....If you spend your time between posting on the org and configuring your future G35 coupe

....if you tease your friend that his stock WRX is not as fast as your stock max

....You have debated whoring out your gf for some cattman headers

....if you smile every time you slam on the gas
Old 03-17-2005, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by 96max5sp
....If you just replaced your passenger side wheel bearing and now found out you have to replace your driver's side as well

....If you spend your time between posting on the org and configuring your future G35 coupe

....if you tease your friend that his stock WRX is not as fast as your stock max

....You have debated whoring out your gf for some cattman headers

....if you smile every time you slam on the gas
Whoring out my 500th post!!! i know it isn't much after practically 3 years but you guys just keep making me want to spend my money, so i try to stay away sometimes
Old 03-17-2005, 03:28 PM

....if you still stare at your Max thinking to yourself, "Man, that's a nice car!" after nearly five years of ownership.

....if driving your Max is more relaxing than going to the bar after a long day.

....if your friends say, "Your car looks far classier than the Altima."

....if you would turn down a BMW in favor of another 5th Gen.

....if you have ever wondered what an AWD Max with good suspension would handle like in the rain or snow.

And Finally,

You might be a 5th Gen owner if.....
.....you were to become a millionaire and the first thought through your head was 'Now, I can finally build a perfect Max.'

Old 03-17-2005, 03:49 PM

soooooooooooooo trueeee

Quick Reply: You might be a 5th gen owner if...