5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

going to miss my max

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 08:16 PM

HAY, i'm going to leave for china in exactly 2 weeks and i'm going to be gone for one and a half months. However, unfortunately, i won't be able to drive my max for that period of time and won't be able to see it Well, atleast i'll have something to look forward to when i come home and i hope my max stays well during this period. I'll anyhow who mest up my car in anyway.....i seriously hope no one drive my car but unfortunately i know my dad and sis will.

P.S. I'll keep a count down on this and go down till the last day....i'll really miss you all but i'll miss my max more. hahahaha
Old 05-08-2001, 08:28 PM

Sweet!

Hope you have a blast out there! I'm sure your max will be fine while you're gone too!

Oh yeah! Since you're going to be out there, bring back our surveillance plane !
Old 05-08-2001, 08:29 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Go find some performance shops in China.
Old 05-08-2001, 08:31 PM
RomieG

i know how u feel. A week and a half ago i hit a deer on my way back from a trip to ohio(big deer too) ....its still in the shop,but they said tomorrow it'll be done...It better be,i miss it sooo much(considering i have to drive a 90 honda civiv dx around...dont laugh)....But it sorta makes me proud of maxi...since i really didnt feel anythin when i hit the deer,and the damages were only a few bumps and cracks here and there....if i was driving that honda,i prob would have gotten killed,lol!!! But have a fun trip Twin,see ya

Old 05-08-2001, 09:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Go find some performance shops in China.
I would drop by to Japan after the visit to China....=)

weird, when I was in Taiwan last year, I saw couple 5th gen max (like ours)...and when I mentioned Maxima to the performance shops, they dunno wat the heck am I talking about. I have to bring up the magic word

C e f i r o 3 0 0 0

and it has to be pronounced like this "Sah-Fee-Lo" otherwise, they still dun understand the heck ur saying

seriously, no kidding...

I bet some ppl ship their Maxima to Taiwan and try to get a better used car price.
Old 05-08-2001, 09:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxSEAE
HAY, i'm going to leave for china in exactly 2 weeks and i'm going to be gone for one and a half months. However, unfortunately, i won't be able to drive my max for that period of time and won't be able to see it Well, atleast i'll have something to look forward to when i come home and i hope my max stays well during this period. I'll anyhow who mest up my car in anyway.....i seriously hope no one drive my car but unfortunately i know my dad and sis will.

P.S. I'll keep a count down on this and go down till the last day....i'll really miss you all but i'll miss my max more. hahahaha
Dude I hope you enjoy the time. Want us to watch your Max?

Hey, by the way, I left a plane over there on Hainan Island. Would you mind bringin' it back for me?

Old 05-08-2001, 09:22 PM

Cool! If you're going to be in Hong Kong for any extended peroid of time...so Skyline hunting...when I was there during the Millenium, I must have seen about 5 different ones...they are usually parked out side of video game arcades. Good luck!

Green
Old 05-08-2001, 09:32 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Green_2
Cool! If you're going to be in Hong Kong for any extended peroid of time...so Skyline hunting...when I was there during the Millenium, I must have seen about 5 different ones...they are usually parked out side of video game arcades. Good luck!

Green
Jane and I saw quite a few when we were there. That along with the EVO, WRX, Chaser, Silvia, Galant VR4, etc.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:40 PM

actually...

they do sell Maxima over there in Taiwan.... yes... just like ours... but the sales figure is not too great due to the competition of cefiro(better value, better equiped... etc...) there is almost no mod for the maxima... but there is quit a bit for cefiro...
Old 05-09-2001, 12:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: actually...

Originally posted by Max2000
they do sell Maxima over there in Taiwan.... yes... just like ours... but the sales figure is not too great due to the competition of cefiro(better value, better equiped... etc...) there is almost no mod for the maxima... but there is quit a bit for cefiro...
really....that explains why....and I only saw 1 or 2 of them but bunch of cefiro.

can they share the same mod since they are pretty much the same car, eh?
Old 05-09-2001, 01:43 AM

Have fun and take pictures and post them when you get back.
Old 05-09-2001, 05:30 AM

Hope you have fun. I went to Beijing (Peking) 6 years ago.
If you have a good tour guide, you will learn alot of Chinese history. I had a great tour guide and I definitely learn alot about Chinese history. If order to take pictures, you will need to carry a long lens. You will need another person to block the police's view to take pictures. They don't allow pictures taken inside the palace. Flashes causes discoloring inside the palace. I have seen the Chinese police take one's camera and ripe the film out.
Old 05-09-2001, 05:43 AM
Got Bent?

have a great time
Old 05-09-2001, 07:41 AM

Have a great time! Bring back a piece of the Wall for us. Oh yeah, and those pirated VCDs of new movies where you can see people walk past you in the theatre as the film is running.
Old 05-09-2001, 08:23 AM

have fun in china... haha get some cheap parts there.

wat city you gonna visit?

did u guys know that most cars in china are manual =P
Old 05-09-2001, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
have fun in china... haha get some cheap parts there.

wat city you gonna visit?

did u guys know that most cars in china are manual =P
Actually, I think most cars in the world are manual. We just have too much money to throw around here so people don't have to learn how to drive stick. That's probably why an overwhelming majority of Maxs(mine included) are auto. Sigh...that's too bad.
Old 05-09-2001, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by rifleman
Hope you have fun. I went to Beijing (Peking) 6 years ago.
If you have a good tour guide, you will learn alot of Chinese history. I had a great tour guide and I definitely learn alot about Chinese history. If order to take pictures, you will need to carry a long lens. You will need another person to block the police's view to take pictures. They don't allow pictures taken inside the palace. Flashes causes discoloring inside the palace. I have seen the Chinese police take one's camera and ripe the film out.
Old 05-09-2001, 07:28 PM

Re: Sweet!

Originally posted by Y2K1MaximaDevil
Hope you have a blast out there! I'm sure your max will be fine while you're gone too!

Oh yeah! Since you're going to be out there, bring back our surveillance plane !
hahahaha, your the 5th person to tell me that.....hahaa lol
Old 05-09-2001, 08:21 PM

CHINA?

did i hear CHINA?!?! AWESOME! surprisingly i miss that place SO much! i'm actually planning on going back there at the end of August to visit some of the students i was teaching there from last summer! this is SO cool! are you going there to just travel, teach english or "teach english"? (you should know what i'm talking about regarding this). last year we went to "teach english" over in Nanchang (Jianxi province) and Huai-rou (Beijing suburb). it was unbelievable and life-changing!

IMPORTANT: when you're there try to get your hands on two things:
1) Zigzag popsicle (it's made by the same mother company as Good Humor (called Walls there). when i was there i had at least 3 a day! there's SO good and cost only 1.5RMB ($.20 USD)!!
2) also, a soft drink called "Shi-mu". they come in different flavors like Apple, Watermelon, Peach, and a whole bunch of others. Funny that it's by Coca Cola China. you really HAVE to try it to know! Apple is the best one!

Even MORE important

words of wisdom:
1) if you're in the north, DO NOT eat the lamb the vendors cook on the street. they smell SO good and taste so good, but you will regret it with Big-D (and then some) if you eat it. this is a thoroughly tested among a lot of people on my team when i was there... beware of Big-D.

2) water. you NEED water. it's dang hot there all summer. (at 530am in Beijing it's near 80 degrees). but again, beware of what you drink. drink ONLY brand-name water (Wahaha is the most famous brand along with Robust). check the seal on the water. sometimes people gather old bottles and refill them themselves and sell them again. they'll be nice and frozen but... beware of Big-D.

3) fruit. fresh fruit. wash them CLEAN. peel if possible. i once saw a fruit hawker blow his nose (w/o a tissue) onto the ground, wipe his pants, and continued selling... beware of Big-D.........

oh, and lastly.... (not for the weak-stomached... i mean it.)
4) IF you're going to eat dog [i HAD to eat it as part of training (bonding into the culture) i will not touch that stuff again...] make sure it's at a decent large place. i had it at a smaller town... bad news.... bad news.... ever heard of dissentary? darn close to it, bro, darn close... just stay away from it. it doesn't taste good anyways. i will not touch that stuff ever again.... bad news.. double Big-D....

but hey, after a while, Big-D begins to not faze you. hahah.. it almost becomes a daily affair. but when it gets solid, wow... it's a nice feeling. (sorry... hahahahahha..)

have LOTS of fun! if i don't hear from you, have a GREAT time! when you're there, i'm sure you'll empathise with a friend of mine's comment: "I both HATE this place and LOVE this place at the same time."

(wow, this has all of a sudden become a crazy long post... hey, if you have any questions, PM/email/IM me. let's talk!)
Old 05-09-2001, 08:33 PM

i know... my last post had NOThing to do with his maxima...

well, i'll be gone for 2-3 weeks w/o my maxima and "trusting" my sister with it... heck, if she crashes it, it's HERS! we're gonna trade for her (going to be) new one! (GXE-A/T for an SE-M/T)!!!
Old 05-10-2001, 12:00 AM

don't worry it will be there when you come home

i miss car when i have to go to sleep, i would setup a webcam or something so you can see your baby everyday.
Roger
Old 05-10-2001, 07:27 PM

Re: CHINA?

Originally posted by areX
did i hear CHINA?!?! AWESOME! surprisingly i miss that place SO much! i'm actually planning on going back there at the end of August to visit some of the students i was teaching there from last summer! this is SO cool! are you going there to just travel, teach english or "teach english"? (you should know what i'm talking about regarding this). last year we went to "teach english" over in Nanchang (Jianxi province) and Huai-rou (Beijing suburb). it was unbelievable and life-changing!

IMPORTANT: when you're there try to get your hands on two things:
1) Zigzag popsicle (it's made by the same mother company as Good Humor (called Walls there). when i was there i had at least 3 a day! there's SO good and cost only 1.5RMB ($.20 USD)!!
2) also, a soft drink called "Shi-mu". they come in different flavors like Apple, Watermelon, Peach, and a whole bunch of others. Funny that it's by Coca Cola China. you really HAVE to try it to know! Apple is the best one!

Even MORE important

words of wisdom:
1) if you're in the north, DO NOT eat the lamb the vendors cook on the street. they smell SO good and taste so good, but you will regret it with Big-D (and then some) if you eat it. this is a thoroughly tested among a lot of people on my team when i was there... beware of Big-D.

2) water. you NEED water. it's dang hot there all summer. (at 530am in Beijing it's near 80 degrees). but again, beware of what you drink. drink ONLY brand-name water (Wahaha is the most famous brand along with Robust). check the seal on the water. sometimes people gather old bottles and refill them themselves and sell them again. they'll be nice and frozen but... beware of Big-D.

3) fruit. fresh fruit. wash them CLEAN. peel if possible. i once saw a fruit hawker blow his nose (w/o a tissue) onto the ground, wipe his pants, and continued selling... beware of Big-D.........

oh, and lastly.... (not for the weak-stomached... i mean it.)
4) IF you're going to eat dog [i HAD to eat it as part of training (bonding into the culture) i will not touch that stuff again...] make sure it's at a decent large place. i had it at a smaller town... bad news.... bad news.... ever heard of dissentary? darn close to it, bro, darn close... just stay away from it. it doesn't taste good anyways. i will not touch that stuff ever again.... bad news.. double Big-D....

but hey, after a while, Big-D begins to not faze you. hahah.. it almost becomes a daily affair. but when it gets solid, wow... it's a nice feeling. (sorry... hahahahahha..)

have LOTS of fun! if i don't hear from you, have a GREAT time! when you're there, i'm sure you'll empathise with a friend of mine's comment: "I both HATE this place and LOVE this place at the same time."

(wow, this has all of a sudden become a crazy long post... hey, if you have any questions, PM/email/IM me. let's talk!)

thanx for all the words of wisdom.....i hope the BIG-D don't chase me....i plan to get a shot b4 i go and also preparing my self with medication. i'm going there for fun with my friends and i don't plan to ever eat dog meat....i think it's disgusting and cruel. dogs r ment for pets not meals. sure, we should talk....my aim sn is maxseae. o, i said b4 that i'll do a countdown everyday and i forgot last night....well here it is, i got 13 days to go.
Old 05-11-2001, 01:33 AM

Re: Re: CHINA?

thanx for all the words of wisdom.....i hope the BIG-D don't chase me....i plan to get a shot b4 i go and also preparing my self with medication. i'm going there for fun with my friends and i don't plan to ever eat dog meat....i think it's disgusting and cruel. dogs r ment for pets not meals. sure, we should talk....my aim sn is maxseae. o, i said b4 that i'll do a countdown everyday and i forgot last night....well here it is, i got 13 days to go.

ohhh grasshoppa... no shot will help with BigD.... but a whole lotta Immodium AD will facilitate it a bit.. make sure it's "AD". the normal stuff won't cut it... AD acts a lot faster.

hahah.. yeah.. dog... NOT my choice...

TWELVE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2001, 06:01 AM

Re: Re: Re: CHINA?

Excellent advise....One more thing...Panhandling there is
chaos. Some of the poor parents there break their children's arms or legs and make them panhandle in the streets. I know you will sympathize, but be careful when they approach you. I wish I have the time to go.......
Old 05-11-2001, 10:09 AM

Re: Re: Re: CHINA?

Originally posted by areX

ohhh grasshoppa... no shot will help with BigD.... but a whole lotta Immodium AD will facilitate it a bit.. make sure it's "AD". the normal stuff won't cut it... AD acts a lot faster.

hahah.. yeah.. dog... NOT my choice...

TWELVE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!
HAY!!!!! i'm suppose to do the countdowns here....lol jk ok 12 days left
Old 05-11-2001, 02:29 PM

where in china are you going?

My sister went to china this pass semester and came back with 100+ DVD's, yes one hundred plus. She gave them to our family and her friends, it's great. They are so freaking cheap over there. Also everything is cheap in china. she would live there, except the pollution is bad. My parents recomend Shanghai, they said it's beautiful.

if you can, go to Hong Kong, you will not regret it. HK is the best, they have everything there. pirated games, software, movies...there are shopping centers full of that stuff. If you want, buy a PS2 w/ a mod chip over there. b/c you can buy burned games from there, bring it over here and still play american games.

Car stuff is plentiful over there. their is a whole street in Mong Kok full of car stuff. and most car accessories there are a lot cheaper than here, trust me. I love HK!!
Old 05-11-2001, 02:48 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: where in china are you going?

Originally posted by Mugen13
Car stuff is plentiful over there. their is a whole street in Mong Kok full of car stuff. and most car accessories there are a lot cheaper than here, trust me. I love HK!!
Full street? It's almost like a neighborhood. Every other store is like a mod shop.
Old 05-12-2001, 06:10 PM

Re: where in china are you going?

Originally posted by Mugen13
My sister went to china this pass semester and came back with 100+ DVD's, yes one hundred plus. She gave them to our family and her friends, it's great. They are so freaking cheap over there. Also everything is cheap in china. she would live there, except the pollution is bad. My parents recomend Shanghai, they said it's beautiful.

if you can, go to Hong Kong, you will not regret it. HK is the best, they have everything there. pirated games, software, movies...there are shopping centers full of that stuff. If you want, buy a PS2 w/ a mod chip over there. b/c you can buy burned games from there, bring it over here and still play american games.

I'll be going to taiwan, beijing, hongkong and two other places i have no idea how to call them in english....hehehe ok....i got 11 days to go. i know about all the pirated things and plan to buy more then my share of the stuff. i can't wait....too bad i won't be able to drive my car, i won't be able to read and post things on this for a while and also it's wicked hot over there.
Old 05-14-2001, 07:45 PM

NINE days to go......YEAH!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2001, 04:20 PM

seven days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone getting sick of this thread?????
Old 05-17-2001, 11:31 PM

five more days............
Old 05-17-2001, 11:44 PM

five more days............
thank god u wont visit this forum for while... j/p
Old 05-20-2001, 08:30 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

thank god u wont visit this forum for while... j/p
hmmmm, one less person for u to bother........r u sure u want that? anyhow, this is the third to last time you'll see this, the last post i'm going to post is this tuesday night...........can't believe i'm leaving this wednesday..........YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2001, 09:11 PM

wow, can't beleive tom is the last day for me to post.....comming quick....passing by like my max...like the wind
Old 05-22-2001, 08:17 PM

finally

this is my last post for quite sometime........i'm leaving for china tommorrow.....i think everyone is sick of this thread now and so i'ts the last u'll see of it and me for a while