5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Blehmco FRONT AND REAR BBK installed (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 10:07 PM
vsamoylov

how much do oem rotors cost? and what about the break pads? what about brembo blanks?

Old 04-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

BlackBIRDVQ damn man, you sound a little bitter in your replies. Like I said before I hardly get on the org anymore and just thought I'd drop the other members a like into what I've done since lately I keep seeing the same shiot with nothing new or interesting. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the iRotors except for now. And now I've noticed absolutely no more resistance when accelerating and I think you're exaggerating on the weight of the iRotors and stockers, but I chould be wrong. I didn't think I felt that big of a difference. But you can expect more weight with a larger rotor. I mean we are using stock parts from other cars on ours......... I hope you like your 2 piece rotors.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:51 PM

are those calipers from a tt 300zx or NA? Or is there a size difference at all?

BTW, i always liked you car wildmanAL, always thought it looked hot but with those nice gold calipers, it and the space between your rim spokes, your car looks really hot. $1800 ain't bad either consider some companies charge almost 2k for just the fronts.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:54 PM
I miss the .org!

The combo looks great. Glad you went with the bronze color. I've had mixed reviews on my rear bronze calipers, but I think it looks sick...
Old 04-27-2005, 10:48 PM

holy jebus that is a nice max
Old 04-27-2005, 10:56 PM

yo those are 300z brake calipers right?? and if so are they the twin turbo calipers or n/a model???
Old 04-27-2005, 11:09 PM

damn i got my rotors in now...

13 inches is big!

haha

Old 04-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Sports Button FTW

what a beauty.

hmmm, how much are these new irotors going to cost?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:14 AM
The Definitive AE Master

i like the color for the calipers. What kind of paint and color is it called?
Old 04-28-2005, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
how much do oem rotors cost? and what about the break pads? what about brembo blanks?
Try www.courtesyparts.com

Rotors are $70 + $15 shipping per rotor -or get 'em locally for $100 @ the stealer
OEM Pads $50 + per set
Hawk HPS Pads $60 per set @ TireRack
Brembo does not make rotors for the 2k2-3 yet.

gr
Old 04-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looks great man, i cant wait to get my Hiros. i definitley dont have the cash to drop $1800 on brakes, but it still does look awesome!
Old 04-28-2005, 06:48 AM

WildmanAl.....ride looks REAL sick. Great job.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:18 AM
vsamoylov

Originally Posted by A33 VQ30DEK
damn i got my rotors in now...

13 inches is big!

haha

who made those rotors? they are huge actually and look very nice. did you get the calipers yet? and which z are you goign to have tt or na?

Old 04-28-2005, 07:33 AM

That is the best looking 5th gen I have ever seen. Good job.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:53 AM

Barry, you've done it once again! I can't believe how great your car is coming along. to a very professional looking job! think you will do a write-up?
Old 04-28-2005, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
who made those rotors? they are huge actually and look very nice. did you get the calipers yet? and which z are you goign to have tt or na?

Brembo rotors, and they are the 4 piston TT 30mm calipers
Old 04-28-2005, 01:59 PM

hey one question for you wildmanAL,

Did you have to get Extra Caliper bolts or nuts? if so, where to get them and what kind?

thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by WildmanAL
Well since I don't race they're mostly just a bling factor. They add so much to the wheels. I agree they're a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

I'll price out the parts by memory...

front/rear BBK brakets - $800
Irotors - $320
front calipers $350
rear calipers and pads - $170
front pads/ fluid/ speed bleaders - $120
GR2 paint - $35

TOTAL - $1795

Smooth braking that grabs and the looks from other drivers.... priceless
I really don't care for the 300zx brake calipers, not that they don't look good, but I feel the stopping power isn't that great. I had a 91 300zx TT and after driving it for a year I felt that the brakes sucked and did a Brembo upgrade. Even when I first bought my Maxima I felt my Maxima brakes were pretty good compared to my stock brake system on my Z. Looks really good though!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:30 PM

awman, im jealous! looks really good and the rims are gorgeous nice modding
Old 04-28-2005, 05:49 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Originally Posted by Pearltt
I really don't care for the 300zx brake calipers, not that they don't look good, but I feel the stopping power isn't that great. I had a 91 300zx TT and after driving it for a year I felt that the brakes sucked and did a Brembo upgrade. Even when I first bought my Maxima I felt my Maxima brakes were pretty good compared to my stock brake system on my Z. Looks really good though!!!
but your 91 300zx tt was breaking on 10.3 inch rotors. These are 13 inch rotors with the same calipers, should provide more leverage during braking and higher fade performance.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Larrio
but your 91 300zx tt was breaking on 10.3 inch rotors. These are 13 inch rotors with the same calipers, should provide more leverage during braking and higher fade performance.

its actually the 2k4 maxima rotors
Old 04-28-2005, 06:11 PM
drag racing is for wussies

BlackBIRDVQ damn man, you sound a little bitter in your replies. Like I said before I hardly get on the org anymore and just thought I'd drop the other members a like into what I've done since lately I keep seeing the same shiot with nothing new or interesting. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the iRotors except for now. And now I've noticed absolutely no more resistance when accelerating and I think you're exaggerating on the weight of the iRotors and stockers, but I chould be wrong. I didn't think I felt that big of a difference. But you can expect more weight with a larger rotor. I mean we are using stock parts from other cars on ours......... I hope you like your 2 piece rotors.
1st of all I wasn't flaming you or anyone on the forum for using these rotors on your car. I use them myself and I have my own personal opinion after about 15K miles. There are others on this forum that I spoke with via PM that had issues with IRotors also, and our opinion is the cheap steel used on these rotors is too soft, causes warpage problems and isn't worth the $$$. I am not exaggarating bout the weight of these rotors, my boxes came with UPS labels on them- 24lbs EACH box. Stock rotors are nowhere near that weight, I have not weight a stocker since it didn't matter to me. Someone mentioned earlier on that light weight rotors are POS. Well please tell me why do companies like Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Mercedes Benz- to name a few use composite light weight 2 piece rotors on their high end braking systems ? Simply put its lighter, it contributes to less rotational mass. Less mass means more power put to the wheels because the engine does NOT have to overcome the mass of the heavy rotor and wheel to move the car. This is why you do not see cheap rotors on race cars, you see 2 piece exotic material rotors that weight very little compared to the normal human being's cars. Heavier rotor does NOT mean stronger rotor, why are forged wheels so much lighter, stronger than those normal **** wheels I get to see on peoples cars all the time ? You mean to tell me VOLK TE37 fully forged wheel is going to be a waste of $$$ cause its going to get outperformed by some Axis wheels ? (not directing that to you, even thou you have them) Axis makes nice wheels, but they weight as much as 2 VOLK TE37s in the same size. I like alot of wheels people put on their cars here on the .org but simply put it- you install a set of 19" Axis SuperMesh with Blehmco brakes on a 00 Maxima automatic, and watch as you will get smoked by anything runing faster than 16.00. Now imagine this, same scenario but 15" Volk TE37s- that weight around 9lbs each, the car will run low 15s without a problem. You might not NOTICE the diff from all the rolling resistance cause you have a 3.5L, its a TORQUE motor, it makes alot of low end power to overcome those heavy wheels and rotors, but go ahead and dyno and you will see how much HP you lost. I have enough racing background behind me, and I know exacly wtf I'm talking bout here. I might not drag race and post my 1/4 mile times like 90% of the .org does, but simply put it- drag racing requires so little skill I think Terry Shivo could do it.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Mauja He Mauja

they look sweet, along with the curb rash
Old 04-28-2005, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
1st of all I wasn't flaming you or anyone on the forum for using these rotors on your car. I use them myself and I have my own personal opinion after about 15K miles. There are others on this forum that I spoke with via PM that had issues with IRotors also, and our opinion is the cheap steel used on these rotors is too soft, causes warpage problems and isn't worth the $$$. I am not exaggarating bout the weight of these rotors, my boxes came with UPS labels on them- 24lbs EACH box. Stock rotors are nowhere near that weight, I have not weight a stocker since it didn't matter to me. Someone mentioned earlier on that light weight rotors are POS. Well please tell me why do companies like Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Mercedes Benz- to name a few use composite light weight 2 piece rotors on their high end braking systems ? Simply put its lighter, it contributes to less rotational mass. Less mass means more power put to the wheels because the engine does NOT have to overcome the mass of the heavy rotor and wheel to move the car. This is why you do not see cheap rotors on race cars, you see 2 piece exotic material rotors that weight very little compared to the normal human being's cars. Heavier rotor does NOT mean stronger rotor, why are forged wheels so much lighter, stronger than those normal **** wheels I get to see on peoples cars all the time ? You mean to tell me VOLK TE37 fully forged wheel is going to be a waste of $$$ cause its going to get outperformed by some Axis wheels ? (not directing that to you, even thou you have them) Axis makes nice wheels, but they weight as much as 2 VOLK TE37s in the same size. I like alot of wheels people put on their cars here on the .org but simply put it- you install a set of 19" Axis SuperMesh with Blehmco brakes on a 00 Maxima automatic, and watch as you will get smoked by anything runing faster than 16.00. Now imagine this, same scenario but 15" Volk TE37s- that weight around 9lbs each, the car will run low 15s without a problem. You might not NOTICE the diff from all the rolling resistance cause you have a 3.5L, its a TORQUE motor, it makes alot of low end power to overcome those heavy wheels and rotors, but go ahead and dyno and you will see how much HP you lost. I have enough racing background behind me, and I know exacly wtf I'm talking bout here. I might not drag race and post my 1/4 mile times like 90% of the .org does, but simply put it- drag racing requires so little skill I think Terry Shivo could do it.

hmmm...... I have no idea where this long winded response came from talking about weights of two piece rotors and other wheels. Of course two piece rotors are going to be light and as for the rest. When did I say heavy rotors were stronger. I'm probably one of the last people on here that you need to explain stuff like that to. I know you weren't attacking me on those other responses, but I just questioned why you busted on the iRotors. I had just never heard or read anything had on them. You should start a thread about them if they're so bad. Please lets just drop our back and forth comments here. I know BlackBIRDVQ is all about track racing and from what I've seen and read you're pretty damn good at it. It's nice to see a 4 door max stomp some 2 door coupes. You've always been cool with me.

As for the rest of the questions asked by you other guys..... I used G2 gold paint. I am using the 30mm TT 300ZX calipers. The NA 300ZX used I think used a 27mm caliper. I didn't take any pics during my install, but if someone really needs some pics I would be more than happy to snap a few for them. You have to order the brakets and hardware from Matt at www.mattblehm.com These calipers just don't bolt into place of where the stockers went.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPIN
they look sweet, along with the curb rash
Oh damn I didn't mean to get that in the pic. Yeah I kissed a 3" curb going about 3 mph and it did that. Some guys that come to work say they can fix it looking like new for $40. I just keep missing them every week they come.

Damn you and pointing that out.