5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Waxed my baby today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 08:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Today turned into a great day for washing and waxing. Clouds kept the sun away and the rain never came. My baby shines like she was new...this was my first wax since purchase. I'm going back out tomorrow at lunch to toothbrush some of the crevices that I couldn't quite reach.

Discovered a couple of new paint chips but nothing significant. Happy to be able to see my reflection on the hood and can't wait to see the water bead off of it after the next rain.

Just sharin'
Old 05-13-2001, 09:50 PM

When can I drop mine off to get it waxed? You do provide loaners right?
Old 05-14-2001, 04:41 AM
Got Bent?

I did mine on saturday The paint on the bumper makes me sad though
Old 05-14-2001, 05:20 AM

I didn't wax this weekend...

Cuz g/f threathened to dump me if I washed and waxed my car another weekend... Women...they can never understand me!
Old 05-14-2001, 06:41 AM
lymby

my girl goes crazy when i talk about my car. she loves the car, but she hates when i talk about it. maybe i do talkk about it too much. but who cares, she at least gets to drive around in some luxury. at least compared to her 87 lebaron. that thing is junk, but you have to save money sometime.

Old 05-14-2001, 07:45 AM

Me too!

Up to my third coat of Zaino (1 Z-5 and 2 Z-2) and man is she lookin' sweet. Every time I do it now it gets easier and easier now that I've kind of got a system down.

Side note: had some road tar on my rockers this time around from the patching they're doing in prep for the paving the highway near my house. Thought "oh, God, this is gonna suck trying to get this off" like it did prior to Zaino applications. Man, that was a lot of elbow grease/patience to remove. Not this time. Came right off with simple washing. Oh, yeah!!!

Cheers!
Old 05-14-2001, 12:29 PM

road tar

So the zaino protected against the road tar very well? I am wondering since I have some road tar on the back by the bumper area from awhile back that I still haven't been able to get completely off. I think it is about time to give it a good washing...and the zaino.

\
Originally posted by RcticMax
Up to my third coat of Zaino (1 Z-5 and 2 Z-2) and man is she lookin' sweet. Every time I do it now it gets easier and easier now that I've kind of got a system down.

Side note: had some road tar on my rockers this time around from the patching they're doing in prep for the paving the highway near my house. Thought "oh, God, this is gonna suck trying to get this off" like it did prior to Zaino applications. Man, that was a lot of elbow grease/patience to remove. Not this time. Came right off with simple washing. Oh, yeah!!!

Cheers!
Old 05-15-2001, 03:31 AM

Originally posted by Michael98033
Today turned into a great day for washing and waxing. Clouds kept the sun away and the rain never came. My baby shines like she was new...this was my first wax since purchase. I'm going back out tomorrow at lunch to toothbrush some of the crevices that I couldn't quite reach.
Okay, hands up. How many of you have friends who think your weird 'cause you make 'em feel the finish after you wax...
Old 05-15-2001, 05:08 AM

dont you just love it

Originally posted by Michael98033

Discovered a couple of new paint chips but nothing significant. Happy to be able to see my reflection on the hood and can't wait to see the water bead off of it after the next rain.

Just sharin'
The hard work and effort to make our baby's shine and turn heads. Thanks for inspiring. TOday i am going to pick up 3m swirl &scratch remover, and then wax it. I still don't have enough for Zaino products. I want to order most of them, not just the three.
Roger
Old 05-15-2001, 06:32 PM
FastCat

Re: Me too!

Originally posted by RcticMax

Cheers!
Hey sounds like we have a new spokesperson for Zaino...What's your commission based on how many Z's you can fit into a single sentance? Just kidding... I'm kicking myself for not taking you advice the first time atround...These swirl marks are kicking my butt (not to mention the ol' elbow)

B/T/W Thanks for the intro on the previous post...

Old 05-15-2001, 06:59 PM

i waxed mine yesterday.

Old 05-15-2001, 10:05 PM

Re: Re: Me too!

Originally posted by FastCat

Hey sounds like we have a new spokesperson for Zaino...What's your commission based on how many Z's you can fit into a single sentance? Just kidding... I'm kicking myself for not taking you advice the first time atround...These swirl marks are kicking my butt (not to mention the ol' elbow)

B/T/W Thanks for the intro on the previous post...
No prob. You wanna talk Z's? You should do a search for all my other posts. I've about worn out the z decal on my keyboard. As for taking commision, let me tell you somethin' 'ol buddy boy, you're gonna get an eyeful watching me tear through the slalom course on Sunday! The car speaks for itself.

Of course, I'm gonna be eatin' crow if my RSB doesn't show up in time for the meet. We may be doin' a NASCAR style last-minute install in the garage area. Be sure to bring you big-@ss jack, I'll bring the jack stands. Problem solved!

L8R, bro.