5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Wow, we really set the CL-S guys off!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 09:02 PM

Did anyone see their post.. Someone even hints that there is a better car than theirs and they will have NONE of it. look at their forum..

http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005351.html

Adam
Old 05-15-2001, 09:46 PM

That's funny. We are talking about them: they are talking about us. Let's form a posse.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:49 PM

man, what a bunch of fricken ego trips!

I'm pondering wandering on over there tomorrow and telling those idiots exactly what I think of them and how they're conducting themselves and representing the Acura brand - certainly not with any sort of professionalism or class like what you'll find here!

Hell, there are 4-cyl Accord enthusiasts over on SHO that are more mature and professional than these CL-S guys - I'm not impressed.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:59 PM

hmm.. isnt that eclipse dude the same one that was here.. hmm....
Old 05-15-2001, 09:59 PM
RBa

Here's what one of them are saying about us!

amirsafdari
Acura-CL.com Addict

posted 05-14-2001 12:21 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
they dont have any post counts under there name..i am confused... so how do they?...but how come they??...mm...how do they know... ..if they wanted to post *****, where would they?..OK THAT BOARD SUCKS!

its not confusing, but our board seems a LOT more organized, and cleaner..their board is DEFINETLY not as user friendly..and the "report to mod" link made me think of them as all Kindergarden kids that tattle-tale and tell on eachother.. haha

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My *****
aka Deadly-CLs
Old 05-15-2001, 10:01 PM

Too many question and not enough answers in that post.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:09 PM

some people say 4 doors arent really performance machines.. something like "o so a camry saturn are performance machines rite" i guess they dont want an m5. lets see them cool guys beat that.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:12 PM
RBa

Check this out!!!

kids...
Don't know who/what made that board and what kind of people are going there, but I got to tell you - those are kids that just like to brag without backing up any of their words.
No way I'm going there again.

P.S. San Francisco/Bay Area covered if any of the Maxima's wants to race

They think we're kids..
I don't find a coincidence that The ID of the person who posted this called Prikid...
Old 05-15-2001, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE
Did anyone see their post.. Someone even hints that there is a better car than theirs and they will have NONE of it. look at their forum..

http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005351.html

Adam
Oh well...it's just all one big pi$$ing contest to me...
Old 05-15-2001, 10:21 PM

Re: Check this out!!!

Originally posted by RBa
kids...
Don't know who/what made that board and what kind of people are going there, but I got to tell you - those are kids that just like to brag without backing up any of their words.
No way I'm going there again.

P.S. San Francisco/Bay Area covered if any of the Maxima's wants to race

They think we're kids..
I don't find a coincidence that The ID of the person who posted this called Prikid...
Hey... a kid that can afford a $25k car is a kid who's got his sh|t together. I'm proud to be one such kid
Old 05-15-2001, 10:27 PM

Let's just let us all know one more thing!

The Acura CL or CL-S (whichever stimulates their ****) are targeted for older people. They are suppose to be a golf course trip machine! Not a performance oriented machine. If people were to go for performance, they can simply choose the Integra GS-R, Type-R or even the Preludes! The CL-S is not something that people use to race (since old people especially grandma don't race!).

My conclusion is that the CL-S is basically a vibrator for old man. It is a poor simulation of the real thing!
Old 05-15-2001, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick
Let's just let us all know one more thing!

The Acura CL or CL-S (whichever stimulates their ****) are targeted for older people. They are suppose to be a golf course trip machine! Not a performance oriented machine. If people were to go for performance, they can simply choose the Integra GS-R, Type-R or even the Preludes! The CL-S is not something that people use to race (since old people especially grandma don't race!).

My conclusion is that the CL-S is basically a vibrator for old man. It is a poor simulation of the real thing!
uh dude. we dont need to go on baggin on the cars.. the car itself isnt that bad.. but look at the profanity ur using man!! the car isnt as bad as you say it is.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

uh dude. we dont need to go on baggin on the cars.. the car itself isnt that bad.. but look at the profanity ur using man!! the car isnt as bad as you say it is.
hey trust me, most of the "AZN Asians"* in Canada use profanity like no tommorow! I was just under their bad influence! But oh well, I will change when I get off school during the summer; away from the AZN......

Old 05-15-2001, 10:47 PM
EZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hahaha. you'd think their ***** is tied to their car At least we can admit a car is faster. Man, if I ever get a TLS/CLS, i'm still gonna hang here!
Old 05-15-2001, 10:48 PM

ha...this is halarious... i think i'll join their forums just to mess with em...heh...and they're dwellin on old posts... they don't know crap huh?
Old 05-15-2001, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by footemps
ha...this is halarious... i think i'll join their forums just to mess with em...heh...and they're dwellin on old posts... they don't know crap huh?

Forgive them, they are blinded by their poor pleasure machines............
Old 05-15-2001, 11:08 PM

It's not even worth our time going over there to argue with them. You would think that having a CL-S, the image that you show is of class. Not in their cases I guess. Kiddies? LOL! Look who's acting like kiddies, huh? I guess since they have the 260 horses, they suddenly think they are racers? And claimed the Maximas are not? Right...and you think that some of us Maxima members have egos. It's nothing compared to them. I been on their board before and I can tell you that they have little respect for most cars. Especially, Maximas! At least we have respect for cars of all kinds. We are true enthusiasts. Let them talk their trash. Since it's obviously they get off on it. Whatever floats their boat.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:15 PM

as punkdork would say
you can tell them to suck it down
Old 05-15-2001, 11:19 PM

hey trust me, most of the "AZN Asians"* in Canada use profanity like no tommorow! I was just under their bad influence! But oh well, I will change when I get off school during the summer; away from the AZN......

u have sumthin majorly against asians dunt cha..
Old 05-15-2001, 11:48 PM
EZ

It's okay...bet he's jealous and has yellow fever
Old 05-16-2001, 12:28 AM

I agree with AWB (AznWontonBoy ) on this one...I mean the CL-S is not a bad car and if we go around attacking them like the manner above, it'll never end. After all, we are the ones with the four doors. The point is, people love their cars...let them! If they have something to show, state facts, prove points, and accept the results. Doesn't mean that you can't still love your car even if (God forbid) it's a little slower than another car. Sheesh...

Just my .02.
Old 05-16-2001, 04:54 AM
Got Bent?

seems like those guys are just ****ed at spending so much on a car they thought would whoop up every car on the road....not only is that immature, but just plain ignorant
Old 05-16-2001, 06:03 AM

Originally posted by EZ
It's okay...bet he's jealous and has yellow fever
ain't dat da truth
Old 05-16-2001, 06:22 AM

I'm wondering!

Which car is really faster? Does anyone know?

5th Gen Max 5spd SE vs. 5spd CL-S?
5th Gen Max Auto vs. Auto CL-S?
Old 05-16-2001, 06:43 AM

A stock, auto Max has no chance. With a manual it's a race, a good driver will win, a bad driver will loose.

However this will all be moot in 2002-2003 when the TL-S gets a 6 speed stick. We will have to line up at our Nissan dealers to get our hands on the last real Maximas.
Old 05-16-2001, 06:56 AM

Originally posted by bert
A stock, auto Max has no chance. With a manual it's a race, a good driver will win, a bad driver will loose.

However this will all be moot in 2002-2003 when the TL-S gets a 6 speed stick. We will have to line up at our Nissan dealers to get our hands on the last real Maximas.
Are you sure that Nissan is planning discontinue the manual upon the next generation of Maximas? Won't the extra power of the new one help?
Old 05-16-2001, 07:10 AM

I never said that Nissan will discontinue a stick option on the next Maxima (the Q45 brother, not the 2003 3.5L). It may, it may not, depending on who they are going after. If they are going for the BMW 5, Audi 6 series there should be a stick option. I am putting money that there will be a stick option in the sport version of the next Maxima.

Rumour has it that there will be a 6 speed in the 2003 (not the Q45) but rumour also has it that initial tests have shown reliability problems (they are tearing it to shreds).

This whole 2 year cycle is too confusing.
Old 05-16-2001, 07:18 AM

Originally posted by bert
I never said that Nissan will discontinue a stick option on the next Maxima (the Q45 brother, not the 2003 3.5L). It may, it may not, depending on who they are going after. If they are going for the BMW 5, Audi 6 series there should be a stick option. I am putting money that there will be a stick option in the sport version of the next Maxima.

Rumour has it that there will be a 6 speed in the 2003 (not the Q45) but rumour also has it that initial tests have shown reliability problems (they are tearing it to shreds).

This whole 2 year cycle is too confusing.
Sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. All though I realize I was clearly out of line when I implied that you had said that Nissan is going to discontinue the manual trans. Thanks for the info and for clearing this up. In the end I only hope that Nissan doesn't mess up the Maxima name.
Old 05-16-2001, 07:27 AM

Man I tell you

I was a part of that CL forum and a part of this one. this forum seems to have a lot more maturity then those guys. just my 2 cents.
Old 05-16-2001, 07:35 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Man I tell you

Originally posted by Kevin
I was a part of that CL forum and a part of this one. this forum seems to have a lot more maturity then those guys. just my 2 cents.
And I bet our average age is less than theirs.
Old 05-16-2001, 07:49 AM

Re: Re: Man I tell you

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

And I bet our average age is less than theirs.
Thanks to our wee lads like KYJ
Old 05-16-2001, 07:56 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

D'em darn young whippersnappers!

\
Old 05-16-2001, 08:19 AM
Got Bent?

D'em darn young whippersnappers!

\
I agree.....kids these days
Old 05-16-2001, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE

I agree.....kids these days
I'm only 22... that make me a kid?

Oops... clicked on the wrong button. So sorry!
Old 05-16-2001, 10:07 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by punkdork

I'm only 22... that make me a kid?

Oops... clicked on the wrong button. So sorry!
I'm 24 and still a kid at heart.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:12 PM
Got Bent?

ditto...I am also 24....but still a kid
Old 05-16-2001, 12:37 PM

...and toying in other people's posts too I see!
Old 05-16-2001, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
some people say 4 doors arent really performance machines.. something like "o so a camry saturn are performance machines rite" i guess they dont want an m5. lets see them cool guys beat that.
Lancer Evo is 4-door also =)
fastest stock car in Japan
Old 05-16-2001, 02:15 PM
OG and counting...

Camaro vs. Mustang All Over Again

My position is that every car has its strengths and weaknesses. It is up to the driver to maximize the strengths of the vehicle and know the vehicle's limitations.

I read the posts on the CL board and agree with Kevin that the viewpoints expressed by a vast majority of posters show they have a definitive lack of class or maturity.
Old 05-16-2001, 02:17 PM

Good reading...

That was pretty good reading. I enjoyed watching them go from trashing us to trashing each other.

You know, one of the guys over on the CL board said something along the lines of, "we all realize that some cars on the road are faster and some are not." So, what I don't get...C&D, R&T...they give the 5-speed Max and the CL-S almost identical #s. I think we get .1 seconds on the 1/4 mile and they get .1 seconds 0-60. So...how is it that these guys find it so hard to believe that the cars can stand up to each other?

I'll get riled up, a bit, about a Huyndai Excel driver (no flames please) talking about running a Maxima into the ground...because there is no doubt that the Maxima is faster. The CL-S and Maxima are by all means in the same class of performance. You can talk all day about which one is more luxurious, looks better, is better quality, those are all matters of opinion and neither car has been on the market in its current generation and engine long enough to talk about long term quality. Speed is thoroughly tested and its very clear that these two cars make for a good race.

I don't get the anger...

Quick Reply: Wow, we really set the CL-S guys off!!