5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What key is used to open the backseats to trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:26 PM

ahem! you were going to take pics?
we gotta know.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:24 PM

this thread still open??? damm
Old 07-21-2005, 10:46 PM

Oh crap, I forgot to get the pics. I'll get it soon. No really, I will get the pics soon, I'm so sorry for keeping you from seeing the pics jjames. I can't believe my priorities in life. I can't believe I didn't take the pics yet. Also, the bench still doesn't go down. Oh dear..

First thing tomarrow, I will get you the god ****in damn pictures, you really want to be this ****in annoying, about the damn pics? Honestly now, if I had the know how to operate the window lock or child safety locks on my car, or put together the entire system in my car, wouldn't you think I know what a lock looks like on the seat? I mean sure, I didn't know if there was any other keys, didn't have the manual, didn't know the 5th gens didn't come with the lock on the seat and the 5.5 gen does - and know learning that it was merely a interior swap, that alone was my answer. But I have to say, I am flattered that you're thinking of me through the past couple days to come along and bring this post up, I'm glad to know there's atleast one person on the forums that knows me by screen-name. I think it's time to go and get a life outside of the .org and maximas, maybe fishing, or beating off, who knows.

For the record, it's obvious that I've gotten my answer, which is - the interior was probably swapped before I bought the car for whatever reason. And also, I didn't see fit to go out, take a photo, upload the pic, and just post it, to show that there is a key hole, I am also not the one that bought this thread up for the purpose to go out and bring the pic,or to be a *******. Obviously from the earlier posts its proven that where I put the key into, and even the fact that the key only goes in like half way, goes to show that there is a lock right near the lever you'd lift to put down the bench. But since I know for some reason, that I will be the one seen at fault for whatever reason, such as not being as old as jjames, or not having as much posts as jjames, most people here for some reason see me at fault. So tomarrow, I will try and remember to go out and take the photo of the seat. Honestly now, if the seat doesn't go down, theres a slot that takes a key in, but doesn't turn, showing that the key isn't cut for the lock, wouldn't one go to believe either: A. there would be another key that might unlock the lock, B. the lock was made for a totally other key, or C. the lock is broken. In my situation, B. would probably be the right answer, as neither locks on both ends of the bench work with my key, and the fact that it's been mentioned that the interior could be swapped, thanks to jjames. I didn't exactly think of it, since I bought the car with low mileage, and it just didn't hit me for an interior swap since mentioned by jjames. But to keep dragging this crap on for days, about pictures comeon now. Anything is possible, and I thought there was a good chance there might be another key that would unlock the lock, so sue me. Give me a little credit, I know a lock when I see it. But since I probably will not hear the end of this, I will try to get that picture? Will that satisfy you jjames, to see the lock on my seat. Ok, goodnight, have a nice tomarrow.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:32 PM

jjames u stupid man snair u tell em
Old 07-22-2005, 07:08 AM

um, i mentioned the interior swap to try to help you figure out a solution.
you always rag on people who are trying to help?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:08 AM

btw, forget about the pics. it's not important.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by p00onu123
jjames u stupid man snair u tell em
english a second language?
Old 07-22-2005, 11:28 AM

Read my post, i thanked you on that. The thing that annoys me, is that you consistently bother me for the pics on this thread, the fact that you make it look like I'm so stupid, that I can't tell what a lock looks like, and the fact that you keep bringing the thread up from days on end. I've the answer, thanks to you, like i mentioned before, but for the part of you being a j@ck@***, that I'm not going to be so thankful for....