5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Gettin' Kinda' Nervous!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 08:23 AM
New2Maximas

Just bought an '01 SE AE, Sterling Mist. After reading 3 pages of new Maxima owners, and their commonalities regarding their paint complaints, I feel that it is more than simply coincidence. However, I read several posts referring to EPA regulation changes. The dealer I got mine from stated to me that the Maxima is the only NISSAN auto still manufactured entirely in JAPAN. If so, then I don't believe EPA regulations would apply there. I will be watching closely to further posts on here, and I want to thank the person who gave out this address on the NISSAN web site's Owner's Section.
I live in Louisiana, and last night we had Hail 3 times. The third time it occurred, I was in a grocery store WITH MY NEW MAX SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF A HUGE PARKING LOT. Got so loud in the store, we couldn't hear each other. Reports of hail 4" in diameter. THANK YOU GOD!! I cannot find any dents other than a single, almost invisible, dent only visible when looking at a low angle with an opposing light source. (figured I would make my first post long)

Old 05-25-2001, 08:43 AM

Originally posted by New2Maximas
Just bought an '01 SE AE, Sterling Mist. After reading 3 pages of new Maxima owners, and their commonalities regarding their paint complaints, I feel that it is more than simply coincidence. However, I read several posts referring to EPA regulation changes. The dealer I got mine from stated to me that the Maxima is the only NISSAN auto still manufactured entirely in JAPAN. If so, then I don't believe EPA regulations would apply there. I will be watching closely to further posts on here, and I want to thank the person who gave out this address on the NISSAN web site's Owner's Section.
I live in Louisiana, and last night we had Hail 3 times. The third time it occurred, I was in a grocery store WITH MY NEW MAX SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF A HUGE PARKING LOT. Got so loud in the store, we couldn't hear each other. Reports of hail 4" in diameter. THANK YOU GOD!! I cannot find any dents other than a single, almost invisible, dent only visible when looking at a low angle with an opposing light source. (figured I would make my first post long)
Welcome!

One question: What the "hail" were you doing out if it had already hailed twice? Wouldn't catch me with my new ride out even if it was foggy.

Cheers!
Old 05-25-2001, 08:57 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I feel your pain...

in Little Rock... we had parts of the same storm. I also lucked out. btw, I think you have the "dent doctor" franchise there, they work wonders for dents of that sort.
Old 05-25-2001, 09:06 AM

Live in Forrest City, AR. We also had hail, but my rig was in the garage.
Old 05-25-2001, 10:22 AM

Wilkommen! (sp.?)

Don't worry about the paint problems, you'll get used to it; now if it's hail, that's a different story. Just keep it in the garage

When I first got my car, I've made it a "garage queen", only seeing sunlight when it's time to go to work.