5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

INTERIOR OVERHAUL PROJECT IV - Bone & Black, Suede Interior Worklog!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:15 PM

sucks about the night shift, get your *** in gear sucker
Old 09-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

awsome work!! if it was me doing this kind of work i'd have a lot of broken clips(plastic ones).
But i cannot wait to see the final result.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
Yep! This little beauty should allow me to add LEDs to the 6 other "uncommon" spots that I have yet to see anyone else light up. It should be good shtuff when all is said and done, if you are addicted to blue lights, like me.

Oh, and I also need this to power my Sirius Tuner, LCD screen, DVD player, and HU too...

hmmmmm very interesting. how does it work?
i also went a bit overboard w/ LEDs
Old 09-19-2005, 11:00 PM

damm Dan im speechless, you really have some ***** to strip that entire car and fawk around with it! lol

good job, very excellent, i could imagine this is only the Interrior, i cant imagine the exterior!!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:10 PM

that's an insaaaane project. personally, i'd prefer a monotone, but you're commitment to this deal is really impressive and the work method seems quality. well done and good luck.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Tha Snatcher

i'll pay you 5k to do the same thing in my car

Anyone have 5k they can lend me?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Iron Scimitar
i'll pay you 5k to do the same thing in my car

Anyone have 5k they can lend me?

let me just pull it out of my big fat ****
Old 09-20-2005, 10:48 PM

bump! im usually on the 4th gen forums..but im interested as hell in seeing how this thing comes out..hey metal maxima bring on the new renovations! FREE BUMP!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:20 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I will have some pics up of the rear doors on Friday...wait till you guys see how these beauties came out!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:04 PM

bump for metal max...cant wait till friday..by the way dude..i still need to find something (6.5 inch component speakers) that give out a nominal power rating of about 75...FREE BUMP!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:03 AM
Sports Button FTW

Arc ACS 265's sound awesome and can handle 75 wit no problem.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:09 PM

Great work..... cant wait to see the final product.
Lam
Old 09-23-2005, 10:31 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

I hate life and I hate the project right now. The fukking clearcoat did not cure properly on the front doors OR the sidepanels. Great. Fukking great. I have been up since 3pm YESTERDAY, worked 13 hours (11pm - 1pm), was planning on putting my trunk back together today, and I fukking come home to THIS. And you know what sucks?! THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT - I HAVE TO DO THE PEICES ALL OVER AGAIN.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:44 AM

No doubt you've put a lot of hard work, time and money into this project. While I applaud your efforts, I really don't like the end result.

I'm just not a fan of "two-tone" done with such contrasting colors as black and white. Especially on single pieces of trim work...it looks cheap and ricey. But I guess that's what the kids at NOPI like.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Dan, I'm sorry man that ****ing sucks.....what do you mean by didnt cure properly? is there bare spots or pitting?

Inform your Maxima breatheren
Old 09-23-2005, 10:59 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by GaMax97GLE
No doubt you've put a lot of hard work, time and money into this project. While I applaud your efforts, I really don't like the end result.

I'm just not a fan of "two-tone" done with such contrasting colors as black and white. Especially on single pieces of trim work...it looks cheap and ricey. But hey, I guess that's what the kids at NOPI like.

I'll take my rice-enabling modification abilities over the unabated stupidity, lack of common sense, and complete absence of mechanical ability you display in 99% of your posts anyday of the week.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:03 AM

I'll take my rice-enabling modification abilities everyday over the unabated stupidity, lack of common sense, and complete absence of mechanical ability you display in 99% of your posts anyday of the week.
Are you serious? If you post pictures, take criticism. I said you put a lot of work into it and good for you, I just don't like the white.

And when was the last time I posted on this forum? Have you ever read any of my posts? Do that and then get back to me.

Oh, as far as my mechanical ability, are you aware of any of it? That also is a pretty dumb thing for you to say.

Grow up kid.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:08 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

And when was the last time I posted on this forum? Have you ever read any of my posts? Do that and then get back to me..
$100 to you if:

(1) Fit a 5th gen grille on a 5.5 gen Maxima. You measured them, they are close enough, so they should fit, right? This is what you said, isn't it?

(2) Find another "generic" 5th gen Maxima with the SAME, BORING, PLAYED- OUT black and white 2 tone

KTHXBY
Old 09-23-2005, 11:15 AM

$100 to you if:

(1) Fit a 5th gen grille on a 5.5 gen Maxima. You measured them, they are close enough, so they should fit, right? This is what you said, isn't it?

(2) Find another "generic" 5th gen Maxima with the SAME, BORING, PLAYED- OUT black and white 2 tone

KTHXBY
1) You actually have it backwards...but when was that post, a month or two ago? I ran out and did a quick measure and they looked similar. I asked the question and it was answered. It really wasn't something I felt like getting into. My time is now spent on my Jeep. Anything can be made to fit with enough time and money. Christ, people put MB headlamps into Civics...people build cars from scratch.

2) What are you talking about? Find another car with what you did? Who cares? I don't like it. GET OVER IT.

Are we really arguing on the internet? What a couple of retards...
Old 09-23-2005, 11:18 AM

I'll take my rice-enabling modification abilities over the unabated stupidity, lack of common sense, and complete absence of mechanical ability you display in 99% of your posts anyday of the week.
Damn dude, relax. Not everyone is going to like it. And I can vouch for his mechanical ability, it's pretty damn good.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Maxima Fanatic

I'm just not a fan of "two-tone" done with such contrasting colors as black and white. Especially on single pieces of trim work...it looks cheap and ricey. But I guess that's what the kids at NOPI like.
way to ease the frusteration
Old 09-23-2005, 11:28 AM

Good thing not veryone has those reactions when "rice" is thrown at them.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:32 AM
But why is teh Rum gone?

Rice? What are you, some kind of moron? It doesnt look Rice at all! And I hate RICE.

If you cant say something constructive, dont say it at all steakhead!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Blk2kMAXSE
Great work..... cant wait to see the final product.
Lam
Your setup is sick.
Damn metal that sucks. Get it done, we all want to see!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by rbrown81
Rice? What are you, some kind of moron? It doesnt look Rice at all! And I hate RICE.
Wow, you guys are sensitive...must be something in the NJ water. Should I have used tacky instead of ricey? I think the suede is cool but I don't like all the white.

Hell, my car is borderline rice. But I'm not crying about it.

Originally Posted by rbrown81
If you cant say something constructive, dont say it at all steakhead!
Kindergarden called...
Old 09-23-2005, 12:17 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Ok, now that I have had a few minutes to simmer down...

Originally Posted by BeSeenWithGreen
Good thing not veryone has those reactions when "rice" is thrown at them.
That did not set me off. Some people may think it looks ricey, I'm OK with that. What pissed me off was when he called it "CHEAP LOOKING". Dude, all of these peices has been sanded down with a 2000-grit finish and a clearcoat. The peices LOOK AWESOME. IMHO, a smooth, glossy peice usualy does not come cheap. That's what pissed me off.

Originally Posted by cutter
Your setup is sick.
Damn metal that sucks. Get it done, we all want to see!
It'll get done, I just want it done sooner than later.

Originally Posted by icelandmaxima
way to ease the frusteration
Yes, a very bad one and a poor choice of doing so.

Originally Posted by UGAd13
Damn dude, relax. Not everyone is going to like it. And I can vouch for his mechanical ability, it's pretty damn good.
No, I was wrong. I'm beat from work, and the whole "cheap" thing just set me off. I don't know anything of his mechanical ability and made a poor choice of words.

GaMax97GLE - my apologizes. Yes, I chose poorly in my choice of words, but you have never seen any of my work in person. These peices DO NOT look cheap. They look 100x better in person. The ricey, NOPI kid reference does not bother me either.

...but when you call my peices "cheap" you take a shot at the quality of my work...and you can bet your a*s that I am not going to let ANYONE do that.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:24 PM

Wow, you guys are sensitive...must be something in the NJ water. Should I have used tacky instead of ricey? I think the suede is cool but I don't like all the white.

Hell, my car is borderline rice. But I'm not crying about it.

Kindergarden called...
BWHAHAHA..way to bag on everyone....your judgement on his "ricey" car was a bad call on your part...but i guess rice qualifies as anything on anyones car that isnt performance modding...I sure as hell have rice on mine, but i dont give a damn (the system is pretty good)...anyway..Metal Maxima put alot of hard work into it and im pretty sure hes still pissed about the clear coat not curring all the way on his door panels...but you didnt express your opinion you full on insulted the guy for all his hard work and labor calling it cheap looking...thats just common courtesy; not to "dog" someone for their hard labor...oh well let by-gone's be by-gone's..just look at your earlier posts dude..think about this, when Metal max said stuff about you (or your posts) you got pretty offended...
Old 09-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Play with my balls

you guys need some love.....
Old 09-23-2005, 12:39 PM

It's friday and I'm sure everyone would rather be drinking beer then working and arguing on the internet. Is it 5 yet?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by UGAd13
It's friday and I'm sure everyone would rather be drinking beer then working and arguing on the internet. Is it 5 yet?
ain't that the daymn truth
almost there!!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Driving is the next best thing

Here’s what I don’t like in people on this forum. You try to make something good to you car and there will always be one $#@!$ who will call it ricey. Yes, cars are about performance but come on we all want our cars look good.

RICEY IS SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT MATCH WITH THE REST OF THE CAR! EVERYTHING ELSE IS NOT RICEY!

Ex:

Coffee cup exhaust is not ricey on some 6 liter v12 track car but it is on Civics and… Maximas
Huge colorful stickers is not ricey on $50k show Civic but it is ricey on 3k street Civic
21 inch chrome wheels is not ricey on Escalades and Yukons but it is racey on Maximas
Old 09-23-2005, 02:12 PM
But why is teh Rum gone?

Kindergarden called...

Im not exactly sure what you mean by that... maybe you could explain it to me.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:17 AM

hey metal, nice stuff. looks great. i got a question though...have you ever experienced any problems with the paint gettin scratched off? because ive done my interior as well and some of the pieces have begun to have scratches (from cell phones, keys, fingernails, etc.) i put a Sh!tload of clear on everything but it still scratches. of course, you just gotta be careful, but did you put anything on it so that it becomes "scratchproof"? lol thanks.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:43 AM
mjg

Hey,

I'm not ordinarily impressed with these sort of mods, yet it really is impressive. The reason being, i'm usually more of a performance/less looks type of guy, yet the ingenuity and hard work really shows. Congrats man.

Anyhow to address ricey:

Looks are looks, ricey is ricey.. There is no definition to me of ricey, other then something done in poor taste, usually on a cheap import. I can't call his work ricey, it actually looks executed pretty well, and looks kind of sleek. Two tone looks good in sporty cars, i think the maxima is borderline sporty and it fits in with the look... Yet people can rice up anything, even an NSX. If the car is ugly, it's ugly, it has nothing to do with the performance if you ask me. Just because a car performs well, it's not excuse for poor taste ; ). I think plenty of cars sporting carbon fiber everywhere are ricey, and people are free to their opinion.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:07 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by philzaga
but did you put anything on it so that it becomes "scratchproof"? lol thanks.
I used a clear acrylic enamel on the peices that is quite scratch resistant when cured. Granted, nothing is totally scratch proof, so I guess we will see how well the label claims to be! The one advantage that I do have is that I seldom ride with other people in the car, so I have that going for me as well!!

Originally Posted by mjg
Hey,

I'm not ordinarily impressed with these sort of mods, yet it really is impressive. The reason being, i'm usually more of a performance/less looks type of guy, yet the ingenuity and hard work really shows. Congrats man.

Thanks, man! This project has been one helluvae journey riddled with hardships, but is fast approaching the end.

Just keep hangin on, guys...I should have some real progress up for show in a few days...I have been spending some time on the trunk and audio system wiring as of late because I needed a break from the interior for a little while.

The rack is done, check it out!

Old 09-25-2005, 10:02 PM
But why is teh Rum gone?

The rack is done, check it out!

What the heck is that?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:04 PM

its for his subs/amp
metal: where are u getting your suede and glue, is your suede stretchy, and can you write stuff in it with your fingers and it stays? i have "alova suede" orsomething liek that and it isnt what i want in terms of suede

also info on where u got the carpet padding, hows it feel, i want some mink carpet with that padding underneath would feel awesome
Old 09-25-2005, 11:27 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by DMad8724
its for his subs/amp
metal: where are u getting your suede and glue, is your suede stretchy, and can you write stuff in it with your fingers and it stays? i have "alova suede" orsomething liek that and it isnt what i want in terms of suede
http://www.distinctivefabric.com for the suede, HD for the glue. Yes, if you write something in it, it will stay...if you go back and look at the 2nd pic of my rear deck, it has W00T written in it...I just took the pic at a bad angle.

also info on where u got the carpet padding, hows it feel, i want some mink carpet with that padding underneath would feel awesome
Mink carpet would get dirty SO FAST it would never be worth having
Old 09-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Sports Button FTW

dam, that looks hot as hell. keep the good work going
Old 09-26-2005, 01:01 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by meccanoble
dam, that looks hot as hell. keep the good work going

Thanks! Once I'm done we can get started on yours.

Quick Reply: INTERIOR OVERHAUL PROJECT IV - Bone & Black, Suede Interior Worklog!!!