5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

quick question on the frankencar website..

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 12:15 PM

quick question on the frankencar website..

do they give a discount to those of use that are members of the org? if so how much? Thanks
Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 PM
dot dot dot ...

Why dont you call or email them to find out ... .
Old 10-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I believe that the prices are listed are what is charged, but you can always try to negotiate with Steve....
Old 10-11-2005, 05:57 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

Originally Posted by OutMaxxed
do they give a discount to those of use that are members of the org? if so how much? Thanks
not that I know of. I had to pay regular price for my system
Old 10-13-2005, 04:48 PM

Discounts are irrelevant if their customer service doesn't improve. I sent 2 e-mails, and left 2 voice-mails on their answering machine (all 2 weeks ago), and have yet to get any kind of response. I was looking to purchase a cat-back and a replacement Apexi for my intake. I've already ordered the Cattman instead, and I'll find the Apexi somewhere else - ****-poor customer service means "spend your money elsewhere".
Old 10-13-2005, 05:30 PM

question on frankencar

how long did it take for you to have your b-pipes shipped from them or the catback? I ordered my b-pipe yesterday and found out today that their service sucks (Lucky me huh?) I hear that people that have ordered their intakes have waited months to get it. I was wondering if it was anydifferent for the catback. Im thinking of filing a complaint thru paypal but how long is that going to take? I mean if i file the complaint and get my money back, in a month, i would have my b-pipe by then right? I was thinking of purchasing the cattman b-pipe, it probably wont be as quiet but what do you suggest i do. Frustrated...
Kelvin
Old 10-13-2005, 05:33 PM

dude if you buy the cattman b-pipe it shouldnt be too loud, since the francar muffler is the part where it keeps things quiet. good luck with frankencar man.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MoCoMax
Discounts are irrelevant if their customer service doesn't improve. I sent 2 e-mails, and left 2 voice-mails on their answering machine (all 2 weeks ago), and have yet to get any kind of response. I was looking to purchase a cat-back and a replacement Apexi for my intake. I've already ordered the Cattman instead, and I'll find the Apexi somewhere else - ****-poor customer service means "spend your money elsewhere".
Steve and Scott always responded to my voicemails, PMs, emails, etc...
Old 10-13-2005, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Steve and Scott always responded to my voicemails, PMs, emails, etc...
Then whats their name on the org? id like to contact them about shipping and how long its gonna take. Also id like to kno if this is gonna take a month to ship, just ordered the bpipe yesterday and found out today that they take forever to ship something...
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 PM

Then whats their name on the org? id like to contact them about shipping and how long its gonna take. Also id like to kno if this is gonna take a month to ship, just ordered the bpipe yesterday and found out today that they take forever to ship something...
http://forums.maxima.org/member.php?userid=2092

Although it seems that he's not been on the .Org since September.

This is from their site:

General Email-RECOMMENDED FOR FASTEST RESPONSE
Any and All Inquires regarding orders or Product Line
Office: 413-289-2136
Email: shop@frankencar.com

Steven Kusek - Founder, Engineering
Custom Fabrication, Technical Assistance
Cell: 413-627-8493
Email: steve@frankencar.com

Scott S Daigle - Co-founder; Marketing
Order inquiries, Operation Manager
Cell: 413-219-6922
Email: scott10@frankencar.com

If it helps any, I bought my cat-back from Scott and used his cell number to contact him throughout the process. The entire process for me took 6 days... checked with him to see if what I wanted was in stock, one day to Paypal, one day to ship, and it was here in 4 days. I know many people have had bad experiences with them, but I know for a fact that myself and several others have had good experiences dealing with em, for all that its worth.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Newbies Get All The Chicks

I've had the entire cattman cat-back on for about a week now. I love it. Do you already have the rear section and are just waiting on a B-pipe? I dont know anything about the frankencar, except I think the exhaust tips look really good. Someone described the tips on my cattman as 2 giant tin cans. I laughed and said yea you got a good point.

but anyway the cattman b-pipe is heavy and im told the frankencar is even heavier?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:31 AM
Newbies Get All The Chicks

i wish i would of known that. i sent them an email on the website asking for a cat-back asap (cuz of the rusted off muffler), and after i never heard from them i got the cattman cat-back from sportcompactonly.com - which came in a week!

but i guess frankencar isnt hurting for business since they do it on the side? its not like they care if someone gets upset and takes their money elsewhere. economies of scale people.....
Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 AM

My comment here: http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...04&postcount=8

Additionally, I know for a fact that dblrr900, Irish44J, and others have gotten their stuff from Frankencar within a week, so I'm not why is it so many other people run into these issues.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:19 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/member.php?userid=2092

If it helps any, I bought my cat-back from Scott and used his cell number to contact him throughout the process. The entire process for me took 6 days... checked with him to see if what I wanted was in stock, one day to Paypal, one day to ship, and it was here in 4 days. I know many people have had bad experiences with them, but I know for a fact that myself and several others have had good experiences dealing with em, for all that its worth.
I used their general e-mail (the one suggested for fastest response), and have not received a response in 2 weeks. I also left one voice-mail on the general office line during the day, and a second one during their "advertised office hours". Still nothing.

I had no problem when I purchased the intake from them 2 1/2 years ago, but that was done through a GD, if I recall. I've heard good and bad stories on the Org about them, but my experience was just fine the first time.

I don't mind a response that says "we're out of stock", or "we screwed up, your order won't go out until next week" or whatever the issue is. However, when a company fails to respond at all to multiple attempts to reach them, my only reaction is "no more business for you".
Old 10-14-2005, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by MoCoMax
I used their general e-mail (the one suggested for fastest response), and have not received a response in 2 weeks. I also left one voice-mail on the general office line during the day, and a second one during their "advertised office hours". Still nothing.

I had no problem when I purchased the intake from them 2 1/2 years ago, but that was done through a GD, if I recall. I've heard good and bad stories on the Org about them, but my experience was just fine the first time.

I don't mind a response that says "we're out of stock", or "we screwed up, your order won't go out until next week" or whatever the issue is. However, when a company fails to respond at all to multiple attempts to reach them, my only reaction is "no more business for you".
That does suck and I completely agree with your reasons for not wanting to do business with them. I was just trying to point out that myself and some others have had a different experience with them. This has been discussed time and time again but still the extremely mixed reviews of their customer service exist. Not sure what it is with them.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:30 PM

My experience was exactly like MoCoMax's. Intake came right away on the GD, but could get no response through e-mails and voice mails when I wanted information about b-pipe. Finally gave up and ordered Cattman (great customer service BTW). Makes no sense why some have good luck and others can't get a reply.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 PM

to puppetmaster

well ill try calling scott specifically tom.(tried steve but no cigar) but if he doesnt come thru can u(puppetmaster) give him a call or something for me as a favor since he replies to only u and a few other people? Id really appreciate it if you can. Its so frustrating to pay 245$ for something and you get no feedback or anything from a company. You kind of wonder if they just took your money and didnt get the order.
Thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 02:48 PM

yea im having similar problems....ive been emailing frankencar for about 2 weeks about their B-pipe and no response....I tried again today, sent email to steve and the "general" address. We'll see what happens. I also called during the week and no one picked up. I'm about to forget Frankencar and just go with a Cattman B-pipe and pay the extra $$$ for better service. I was tryin to save some money with Frankencar but I guess they dont want it at all...
Old 10-17-2005, 03:48 PM

Well, I got a response today just not the one I was looking for. I ordered last week so it didn't take that long. It came in the form of a paypal credit to my account notice with a description of how they are out of stock on catback exhaust right now and are not sure when the supplier will have some. F'in sucks Azz since I listened to all the audio clips and read all the threads about sound levels and this is what I wanted especially for the price. Now I gotta figure out if the Cattman is a good alternative. I've raced (loud) hondas for years and have an Evo (which will be loud if I can help it) in my near future so I'm trying to keep the Max which I drive daily acceptable.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by import_rcr
Well, I got a response today just not the one I was looking for. I ordered last week so it didn't take that long. It came in the form of a paypal credit to my account notice with a description of how they are out of stock on catback exhaust right now and are not sure when the supplier will have some. F'in sucks Azz since I listened to all the audio clips and read all the threads about sound levels and this is what I wanted especially for the price. Now I gotta figure out if the Cattman is a good alternative. I've raced (loud) hondas for years and have an Evo (which will be loud if I can help it) in my near future so I'm trying to keep the Max which I drive daily acceptable.
what the hell, how did you get a credit back into your paypal? I bought mine on the 12th and just checked my paypal. No credit seen. Im trying to get money back. How'd u do it?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by import_rcr
wow now i feel good that I didnt order online. im not tryin to start a flame war but its kinda sad how crappily frankencar treats its customers (i'm not speaking for all, but for many). youd think if they wanted our service theyd actually have some appreciation for the customer but I guess not. I guess I'll be taking my money to cattman....

o yea and cattman is definately a good alternative. I have the muffler and its sounds great.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:12 PM

Funny thing is I didn't do anything. I actually had the phone in my hand to call for status cause I found steves cell# in a post, while I was dialing I went to my hotmail to get order info and saw a email from paypal stating I had a credit waiting. Needless to say I hung up since after what I've been reading I wouldn't have got an answer anyway... Now it looks like I'm spending $100.00 more for the Cattman. Not to highjack but I've seen the HKS Sport catback on Ebay for lower $400.00's Is it worth and where can I find sound clip. None in the exhaust clip post yet. I need something my stock broke off at axle flange now it REAL loud!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:31 PM
retired moderator

Just a little background for some of you newbies who don't know the story with Frankencar:

- it's just a few guys who design/sell Maxima/300Z stuff in their spare time. they have "day jobs" to pay the bills so they're not just sitting around waiting for people to call. They also have "lives" so they can't check their email every day - just as some of us can't get on the computer every day. Although they make the intakes, they have a custom shop build the exhausts to their specs, so they have to order them in bunches at a time, and not re-order until they're really low/out of stock...and then wait for them to be made.

I'm not being an apologist for them being hard to reach for some people (though I have called or emailed them at least 10 times in the last couple of years and always get a callback, answer, or return email within a day or two). But I just wanted to let you guys know that they're not a big shop with a staff there all the time.

As for me, when I've ordered from them it has arrived within the week. But even if I had to wait a while, IMO it is well worth it, especially for the exhaust. It is an outstanding catback in fitament, quality, sound, and price. The Cattman is nice too, but was louder than I wanted (the frankencar is just a bit louder than stock), and I love the FC catback.

No excuse for poor customer service, but for FC I don't think it's intentional...more like they just don't have enough time to get it all done sometimes.

Me = well worth the wait/difficulty in contact
You = maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Notice, though, that you will rarely if ever hear anyone complain about their products fit, finish, quality, etc....
Old 10-17-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
Just a little background for some of you newbies who don't know the story with Frankencar:

- it's just a few guys who design/sell Maxima/300Z stuff in their spare time. they have "day jobs" to pay the bills so they're not just sitting around waiting for people to call. They also have "lives" so they can't check their email every day - just as some of us can't get on the computer every day. Although they make the intakes, they have a custom shop build the exhausts to their specs, so they have to order them in bunches at a time, and not re-order until they're really low/out of stock...and then wait for them to be made.

I'm not being an apologist for them being hard to reach for some people (though I have called or emailed them at least 10 times in the last couple of years and always get a callback, answer, or return email within a day or two). But I just wanted to let you guys know that they're not a big shop with a staff there all the time.

As for me, when I've ordered from them it has arrived within the week. But even if I had to wait a while, IMO it is well worth it, especially for the exhaust. It is an outstanding catback in fitament, quality, sound, and price. The Cattman is nice too, but was louder than I wanted (the frankencar is just a bit louder than stock), and I love the FC catback.

No excuse for poor customer service, but for FC I don't think it's intentional...more like they just don't have enough time to get it all done sometimes.

Me = well worth the wait/difficulty in contact
You = maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Notice, though, that you will rarely if ever hear anyone complain about their products fit, finish, quality, etc....
Poor customer serivce is one leading cause of business loss. Even though they have day jobs and their personal lives, they started a business and have a responsbililty to it. I also bought from them and was satisfied. But like other people, when I call or e-mail a business about a product, I expect a fast response. If I don't get a fast response, I'll take my business elsewhere.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Trance Artur
Poor customer serivce is one leading cause of business loss. Even though they have day jobs and their personal lives, they started a business and have a responsbililty to it. I also bought from them and was satisfied. But like other people, when I call or e-mail a business about a product, I expect a fast response. If I don't get a fast response, I'll take my business elsewhere.
And that's why this is a free country

But like I said, I'm not being an apologist for poor customer service, I'm just giving some background here.

I once put something for sale here on the org and an interested buyer was all over me when I didn't reply to his pm within 48 hours (I was at the beach without computer access)...he sent me 6 pms saying "where are you dude".

The point being, nobody has any patience any more these days. It's gotta be now, now, now. God forbid you have to wait a week or two for your intake or exhaust!?!?

NOT TO MENTION....the complete and total IRONY of people who own NISSANs complaining about customer service is hilarious. Some of the same people who complain about this kind of stuff are the same people who are on their third and fourth Maximas - in spite of the fact that Nissan customer service (in general) is terrible....but we still buy Nissans, don't we?

It's all a matter of cost-benefit. For some people, we'll put up with poor customer service for the sake of a good product (i.e. frankencar or Maxima).......

.....while some people prefer to drive a Honda or buy Stillen (which has very good customer service)
Old 10-17-2005, 07:17 PM

Let it go Josh... it ain't worth it... which is why I'm done with this thread.

Frankencar's quality > all
Old 10-17-2005, 07:24 PM
retired moderator

Let it go Josh... it ain't worth it... which is why I'm done with this thread.

Frankencar's quality > all
true true.

Though looks like DMB was on the org today
Old 10-17-2005, 07:27 PM

true true.

Though looks like DMB was on the org today
Only because I sent him a link to this thread....
Old 10-17-2005, 07:32 PM
retired moderator

Only because I sent him a link to this thread....
yeah, but he never reads his email, so how could he have gotten your message???

Old 10-17-2005, 07:37 PM

yeah, but he never reads his email, so how could he have gotten your message???

I have my ways... besides, didn't you see my post above? Frankencar always responds to me, be it email, voicemail, whatever...
Old 10-17-2005, 07:40 PM
retired moderator

I have my ways... besides, didn't you see my post above? Frankencar always responds to me, be it email, voicemail, whatever...
Bat Phone?

(heh, I always wanted to use the bat smiley!)
Old 10-17-2005, 07:44 PM

Bat Phone?

My owl phone of course...

Old 10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
retired moderator

Old 10-17-2005, 07:56 PM

Old 10-18-2005, 11:28 AM

you guys really have too much time on your hands...