5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

SeaFoam How-To....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:00 AM

SeaFoam How-To....?

Anybody have time to do one? Im sure its pretty straight forward, and im not too worried that I cant handle it...I just think it would be a good idea to have here for people who dont know about it. That way, when the topic comes up again, we have a sticky for it.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There are plenty of Seafoam how-tos in the Fluids and Lubes forum....
Old 03-01-2006, 10:06 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
There are plenty of Seafoam how-tos in the Fluids and Lubes forum....
Yep, besides there are two open threads on the first page of this forum.

http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=459240

http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=457365

http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=346574
Old 03-01-2006, 10:07 AM

google: seafoam site:forums.maxima.org even I know that and I'm still a newb
Old 03-01-2006, 10:08 AM

yeah, I saw those. I was just saying for the future. Course, idiot me, I forgot about the fluids forum...
Old 03-01-2006, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by JaKillz2
google: seafoam site:forums.maxima.org even I know that and I'm still a newb

I didnt want it for my benefit...rather for 's like yourself.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

I was going to say the same thing... Do a search and you will find everything you need. Pull the hose out of the Brake booster and put the hose inside a cup with 1/3 of the Seafoam. Let it sit for around 5 minutes. Put the hose back and rev your car between 3k and 5k until most of the smoke is gone. You are done.....!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lontar1
I was going to say the same thing... Do a search and you will find everything you need. Pull the hose out of the Brake booster and put the hose inside a cup with 1/3 of the Seafoam. Let it sit for around 5 minutes. Put the hose back and rev your car between 3k and 5k until most of the smoke is gone. You are done.....!!!

.....again, I know what the process is. I was simply asking so that we could have a thread in the how-to's so that there arent 600 threads on the same topic. sorry that I asked.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Originally Posted by Maxima-Ness
.....again, I know what the process is. I was simply asking so that we could have a thread in the how-to's so that there arent 600 threads on the same topic. sorry that I asked.
Ohh sorry..... for that.. I think there is one Sticky in the Fluid section....
Old 03-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I R The Law

Ohh sorry..... for that.. I think there is one Sticky in the Fluid section....
actually i just checked the fluid/lube section and there isnt a sticky how-to for seafoam
Old 03-01-2006, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Law
actually i just checked the fluid/lube section and there isnt a sticky how-to for seafoam
I just figured it would at least cut down on so many reposts. I in no way need a how to on it, I just thought some of the newbies could benefit from it.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:03 PM

I'm still a newb, and probably could use a how-to, but I was reading the seafoam website, and it says there are instructions that come with it

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm
Old 03-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Cletus

dear god people. nobody talks about seafoam for months then once person brings it up and every follows along by starting a new thread.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
dear god people. nobody talks about seafoam for months then once person brings it up and every follows along by starting a new thread.

....I was trying to put an end to it....
Old 03-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Cletus

....I was trying to put an end to it....
and i posted the how-to in two of the other threads im talking about.
so you started a thread to ask for something that is already done..and posted in several places
Old 03-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Cletus

but here it is one last time http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=346574
Old 03-01-2006, 02:27 PM

you sure can be a little hateful sometimes....

...anyway, why dont we make it a sticky? Then we never have to *bother* you again for the link.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Cletus

you sure can be a little hateful sometimes....

...anyway, why dont we make it a sticky? Then we never have to *bother* you again for the link.
im never hateful. i just tell it how it is.
i dont make stickies..moderators do.
you wouldnt "bother" anyone if you looked around before posting.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:39 PM

.....again, if you would have cared to read what I wrote, I AM NOT WANTING THIS FOR MYSELF. I simply asked if someone would take this on and make a permanent sticky so that we ALL didnt have to see the same topic on a million threads everyday. So again, I DIDNT ASK FOR MY BENEFIT. I UNDERSTAND THE WAY THIS WORKS. If you werent so quick to attack, maybe you would have realized this.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:46 PM

No, you are. And on top of that your always going around talking like your so much better than everyone else and know it all. There's really no reason to be all dramatic bashing people, saying "dear god people". You don't see anyone else doing that. Note Puppet, Lontar, and Progress's responses and I'm sure they've probably seen about a dozen threads on seafoam.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Originally Posted by trigger005
No, you are. And on top of that your always going around talking like your so much better than everyone else and know it all. There's really no reason to be all dramatic bashing people, saying "dear god people". You don't see anyone else doing that. Note Puppet, Lontar, and Progress's responses and I'm sure they've probably seen about a dozen threads on seafoam.
Don't go after Soonerfan.. he has a gun......
Old 03-01-2006, 04:05 PM

let me first start off with a big IBTL And secondly, why do we even need to have this in the stickies? The freaking instructions come ON THE BOTTLE! if people would just go out and spend a whopping $4 or whatever it is and get it BEFORE asking stupid questions about it, i think it would make a bit more sense....And i'm sorry, but i saw no attack by sooner...he IS just telling it like it is...it's rediculous....the how-to is out there..you could have PMed a mod about it instead of starting this rediculous thread...
Old 03-01-2006, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
let me first start off with a big IBTL And secondly, why do we even need to have this in the stickies? The freaking instructions come ON THE BOTTLE! if people would just go out and spend a whopping $4 or whatever it is and get it BEFORE asking stupid questions about it, i think it would make a bit more sense....And i'm sorry, but i saw no attack by sooner...he IS just telling it like it is...it's rediculous....the how-to is out there..you could have PMed a mod about it instead of starting this rediculous thread...

I agree, it is stupid when the instructions come on the bottle. But you also have to understand that a lot of people dont think that way. They just want answers now. Frankly, I dont even care anymore about this topic. Put a link to it in the How-To's or not, it doesnt bother me, but give it another month, and we'll be going through it all again.

Ive been a member for almost 6 years now, and a lot has changed. When I first came on here, everybody was eager to help each other. This forum was a club, and you only needed to own a Maxima to get respect here. Now, it seems, people just want to post-***** it up with negative comments and condesending tones. As ive asked before, why take the time to post a reply that does nothing but cause resentment? Im so tired of the "higher-than-thou" attitude...
Old 03-01-2006, 04:37 PM

I agree, it is stupid when the instructions come on the bottle. But you also have to understand that a lot of people dont think that way. They just want answers now. Frankly, I dont even care anymore about this topic. Put a link to it in the How-To's or not, it doesnt bother me, but give it another month, and we'll be going through it all again.

Ive been a member for almost 6 years now, and a lot has changed. When I first came on here, everybody was eager to help each other. This forum was a club, and you only needed to own a Maxima to get respect here. Now, it seems, people just want to post-***** it up with negative comments and condesending tones. As ive asked before, why take the time to post a reply that does nothing but cause resentment? Im so tired of the "higher-than-thou" attitude...
Yeah, i completely understand where you're coming from, but you have to admit (well wait a minute...you already did!) that it is getting old....this kind of stuff can be found EASILY simply by searching the entire forums...seafoam isn't exactly a 5th genereation maxima topic, as you well know...if more people would venture out into the whole site (ie: the fluids and lubricants forum where this belongs) it wouldn't have to be like this, and nobody would be getting upset....personally, i think that EVERYONE that signs up to maxima.org should be given a study guide and a quiz! lol...if that happened, maybe it would introduce them to the REST of the site and exactly how to use it to find the answers they're looking for....now if the topic hasn't been beaten to death, that's fine, because theres not an abundant pool of information on it, but things like this HAVE been beaten to death as we all know....i don't really have a point here, so i'll just shut up...i'm rambling...
Old 03-01-2006, 08:48 PM

People who need spoon-feeding FTL....

The forum rules clearly state the need to read the Stickies AND search this forum and other relevant forums before posting.

People have always been helpful and always will be helpful, but that doesn't mean the others out there should just ask indiscriminately without putting in any effort of their own. I see nothing wrong with members expressing disapproval at that because most of the time everyone only considers the feeling of those who are "hurt" when those people don't abide by the rules to begin with. If they are never told, however harshly, they will never learn to put in some of their own effort.

And yes, it is apparent when someone has done their homework vs just being lazy.

Just because a good write-up isn't in the Stickies doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Yes, it is helpful to have some of the "shortcuts" in the Stickies... but should we sticky ALL the write-ups and good threads? Not necessarily.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:01 AM

Don't go after Soonerfan.. he has a gun......
Just 1? Then he is dooooooooooooooooooomed
Old 03-02-2006, 11:01 AM
I Know Kwaliti

All you need is to be able to read... First page of 5th Gen posts has 3 Seafoam threads on it and another 20 of MAF
Old 03-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Cletus

Note Puppet, Lontar, and Progress's responses and I'm sure they've probably seen about a dozen threads on seafoam.
i actually have an agreement with all three of them. i'm the spokesman...i say what all of them are dying to say but are to nice to.
they PM me with what they want me to say. and its full right now cause of all the newbies!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:19 PM

no i got his back and i got hella more than one
Old 03-02-2006, 02:26 PM

i actually have an agreement with all three of them. i'm the spokesman...i say what all of them are dying to say but are to nice to.
Soonerfan just posts what everyone else is saying behind all your noob backs...
Old 03-02-2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
People who need spoon-feeding FTL....

The forum rules clearly state the need to read the Stickies AND search this forum and other relevant forums before posting.

People have always been helpful and always will be helpful, but that doesn't mean the others out there should just ask indiscriminately without putting in any effort of their own. I see nothing wrong with members expressing disapproval at that because most of the time everyone only considers the feeling of those who are "hurt" when those people don't abide by the rules to begin with. If they are never told, however harshly, they will never learn to put in some of their own effort.

And yes, it is apparent when someone has done their homework vs just being lazy.

Just because a good write-up isn't in the Stickies doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Yes, it is helpful to have some of the "shortcuts" in the Stickies... but should we sticky ALL the write-ups and good threads? Not necessarily.

but...but...but can't we make every thread a sticky???

Old 03-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Cletus

well its an M-16 and i carry 210 rounds. plus i wear a bulletproof vest.
bring it
Old 03-02-2006, 04:44 PM

.....I hate you Kenny...