5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just Raced 2 Cl-type S

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 12:57 PM

Re: I'm Back!

Originally posted by Acura2001CL-S
Hello guys, just got tired of reading all these post about Max this Max that. All I know is that when I was stock I beat a 5sp Max and an auto, it wasn't a kill but I won both races. Why is it that all of you keep talking about the new Max with its stolen variable timing copied from Honda the original! The CL-S will be getting a 6sp also this fall and I know this car will be a monster, no lose of horsepower to the wheels so watch out. Your cars aren't even on the level of the CL-S, you can't even beat a Type R! You people on this board kill me, you'll think the Max is the greatest car on earth get over yourselves. Don't be mad at me that you can't afford an Acura, with its Navigaton, Vehichle Stability System and Xennon lights. At the end of the day you still drive a freakin NISSAN, and I drive an Acura ......VTEC Power.... The Original!!!!!

Yes, I am a retard
Hey Kev, don't you have any policies about immature 12 year olds posting here? Mis-informed and uneducated!!!
Guys like you give the Type-S owners a bad name. I have a good friend who owns a TL-S, and he is unlike this guy.
Yes, there will be some bad grapes out of the bunch...
Afford a CL-S... I would not spend that much $$$ on a grandpa-mobile! Did you even buy it yourself? Or did your parents buy it for you when you graduated from elementary school?
Oh, yes... you are way out of our league... you're not even on the scale! Sorry, no negative numbers on the scale
Old 06-15-2001, 01:18 PM

Re: Re: I'm Back!

Originally posted by SFMax20SE
Oh, yes... you are way out of your league... you're not even on the scale! Sorry, no negative numbers on the scale
Old 06-15-2001, 04:02 PM

Re: hey the acura cl-s is fast

Originally posted by NisMoMAX01SE
i have a maxima and i thought it was fast because it can catch the sunset in the commercials, but i was wrong. i think the acura cl-s is much faster because in the cl-s commercial the dude gets off from work in LA probably around 5-6??? , but then he has a date with this chick in San Francisco, and he makes it there in what??? (2-3 hrs)? because i don't think the chick would meet him up for dinner around 9 or 10, most restaurants are closed. so the cl-s can make it from LA to San Francisco in about 2 hrs and the distance is about 400 miles, so the acura cl-s is fast in my book, it goes about 200 MPH or around 133 if it takes 3 hrs. Man that is a fast car, if i went to SF driving that fast the whole way, my egine would blow, plus my car can't hit 200 like the cl-s. the weird thing is , in the commercial he's going like 40 and then tries to redline it so that hes going around 60, i have no idea, but the acura is a FAST car. don't mess with it, i know my maxima can catch the sun , but on the trip to SF i will surely lose to the cl-s.
This should be post of the year!!
Old 06-15-2001, 05:00 PM

how much did he pay for his CL-S?

i know a lot of us here... including myself... have fully loaded SEs which have a sticker price of over $29,000... that is pretty damn close to what a CL-S is priced at... i know i had the choice of getting any car at around that price range... and yes i am 19.. and yes my father DID buy the car for me... he himself asked why didnt i choose a TL... well i always loved Maximas... my dad owned one since 1990... i love the car its great... so i was a little biased towards the Max... well after i got the car i found this org... and lemme tell you i went around to a lot of different forums and most of the ones ive been to are not as organized, helpful, and nice as the people here... so now i know i love this comunity... we are like a family here... we try to help eachother out and we work together... you cant find that at too many other forums...
we got a great community
Old 06-15-2001, 05:04 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by psing23
we are like a family here...
Who is "we"? I hope you're not including yourself when you say "we".

j/k
Old 06-15-2001, 05:08 PM

to hattyhat

you like my post? hehe i'm just telling you how fast the cl-s is, and not to mess with its 200 MPH capability or you maximas will be sorry , i was, that thing has a top speed almost as fast as a lingenfelter corvette that tops out at 206.
Old 06-15-2001, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Who is "we"? I hope you're not including yourself when you say "we".

j/k