5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2002 HID Headlight Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:12 AM

2002 HID Headlight Install

I tried to follow aprevious post to my question here but the guy's link is no longer available. Can someone help me out here with the installation of my 2002 HID headlights onto my 2000 Max. They headlights already have the lamps and ballasts, I just wanna make sure I dont screw anything up. Thanks

I was also curious how to post pictures up on these threads
Old 04-23-2006, 08:17 AM

Talk to a local orger that verify that you are legit and he could probably help you otherwise 200 bucks and i send you instructions.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by SuperStasiu
Talk to a local orger that verify that you are legit and he could probably help you otherwise 200 bucks and i send you instructions.
Man, someone needs money in a bad way lol $200 bucks, get a life man, u varify that you are legit on NYCMaximas.org, and ill send you the instructions, FOR FREE hell, if you come to our May 20th meet, ill hand deliver thoes instructions! and walk you through them and if you have any questions ill show you the answer in person on maxima_movements car, a nycmaximas.org member who i just did the 2k2 headlight converson on his car.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

I'll send them to you.. but show proof of purchase.... no one here will give them to you w/o POP..... everybody goes thru this.. don't get upset...
Old 04-23-2006, 04:19 PM

Those cleared out HID's are tight bugbite!! Ive seen members with that mod. How hard was that to do?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by bugbite77
Man, someone needs money in a bad way lol $200 bucks, get a life man, u varify that you are legit on NYCMaximas.org, and ill send you the instructions, FOR FREE hell, if you come to our May 20th meet, ill hand deliver thoes instructions! and walk you through them and if you have any questions ill show you the answer in person on maxima_movements car, a nycmaximas.org member who i just did the 2k2 headlight converson on his car.
hey, thanks for the advice man, i just bought the HID's from another org member and used paypal to do it, let me know what i need to do get to varified and ill get right on it
Old 04-23-2006, 04:51 PM

hey Lontar1, sent you a proof of purchase, check your pm
Old 04-23-2006, 05:09 PM

anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey can someone please help me out with this as well. I have a 2000 maxima and i have purchased brand new oem 02-03 headlights; I need help with the installation!
Can someone please help me out?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by bugbite77
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...0_195_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...0_194_full.jpg
So how do you varify? If you want i can send you a copy of the paypal receipt when i purchased the 02-03 headlights. I just want someone to help me out please.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:32 PM

why does every one need a proof of purch. i bought some from a guy that had a recked max. but just can not find anyone that would tell me how to do the conv.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by killical01
why does every one need a proof of purch. i bought some from a guy that had a recked max. but just can not find anyone that would tell me how to do the conv.

Because man... The 2k2 and 2k3 headlights get stolen and lots of org members have had them stolen thus the reasoning behind this.
Oh i was just kidding about the 200 bucks thing but hey if you really want them that bad then pm me and for 200 bucks i'll sell them to you otherwise find a local member that will meet up with you that has had this done or that can prove your legit. Maybe try posting pics with your request.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SuperStasiu
Because man... The 2k2 and 2k3 headlights get stolen and lots of org members have had them stolen thus the reasoning behind this.
Oh i was just kidding about the 200 bucks thing but hey if you really want them that bad then pm me and for 200 bucks i'll sell them to you otherwise find a local member that will meet up with you that has had this done or that can prove your legit. Maybe try posting pics with your request.
So as long as you get your $200 you don't care if they are stolen or not.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:32 AM

I don't have the HID's yet, but I think I'm going to be buying them real soon (replicas from Ebay). I just want to know exactly what modifications need to be done to fit them in a 2001. I ask now because I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I drop $600. Do the mods concern wiring, fitting, etc?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:21 AM

Just wondering...

I've seen this issue come up many times in posts and I have always been curious why installation instructions that are primarily oriented with wiring should be so top secret. Do Orgers really believe that they are having an impact on the theft of 02-03 headlights by witholding the information on how to install them? I know a few thieves have visited the site to get information before, but the vast majority have probably never heard of Maxima.org. What's more, from what I've read, most thefts are pretty simple and barbaric(damage to fenders or hood)...how would these installation instructions help a would be thief improve their technique? Are they going to carefully remove the wiring harnesses so that they can retrofit a 2000-01? In most cases, I think not. Regardless, I would bet that many of the stolen sets are broken down and sold for parts anyway. To me, it just seems a little like backward thinking gone awry.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Eric Holmes
I've seen this issue come up many times in posts and I have always been curious why installation instructions that are primarily oriented with wiring should be so top secret. Do Orgers really believe that they are having an impact on the theft of 02-03 headlights by witholding the information on how to install them? I know a few thieves have visited the site to get information before, but the vast majority have probably never heard of Maxima.org. What's more, from what I've read, most thefts are pretty simple and barbaric(damage to fenders or hood)...how would these installation instructions help a would be thief improve their technique? Are they going to carefully remove the wiring harnesses so that they can retrofit a 2000-01? In most cases, I think not. Regardless, I would bet that many of the stolen sets are broken down and sold for parts anyway. To me, it just seems a little like backward thinking gone awry.
I think the people on this site understand that the thiefs are going to steal the light regardless. I think one of the things they are trying to stop is people buying the stolen lights. If people keep buying them then the a-holes will keep stealing them...supply and demand! Stop the demand and there is no reason for them to steal them.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by qballjr13
I think the people on this site understand that the thiefs are going to steal the light regardless. I think one of the things they are trying to stop is people buying the stolen lights. If people keep buying them then the a-holes will keep stealing them...supply and demand! Stop the demand and there is no reason for them to steal them.
Unfortunately, the universal nature and high cost of ballasts and bulbs will keep demand high. I really doubt a lot of stolen Maxima headlights end up back on a Maxima.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Eric Holmes
OK, here's the thing. The 2k2-2k3 gen. Maximas are the top on the list of stolen HID's because of Nissan's terrible design of including the whole assembly of bulbs and ballasts in one place (on the headlight housing). Anyone who wants a set of these can easily pop them out with a screwdriver because, again, of the faulty design on how they are mounted on the car. Now, I know for a fact if I was a thief (which I am not), I would definitely look first on the internet to see how these HID's bulbs work and how they are wired. Since these came out of a Maxima, I'm sure 99% of that search is going to be the "Maxima.org.: Home for Maxima Enthusiasts". If we make posts of how these are wired into the car, then we are just helping thieves more buy letting them know how they can get their lights to work (the bulbs and ballasts). It doesn't matter what car they go in, it's just the way the power and ground is wired up to the car in order for them to work. There's a certain process because there are two items needed in order for the HID bulb to light up...the ignitor and ballast. Power and ground must be applied correctly or the bulb will not light up. Having a service manual helps, but believe me, I definitley had a hard time figuring it out on my own once I had these headlights. And, I can say, I am very knowledgable on the electrical system on my car, but I needed help because of the way the 2k-2k1 Max's lighting system are wired in the car. Body ground from the car plays a major role of how electrical things work in our cars. Anyway, getting to the point, these headlights are way too expensive to replace if we just help thieves out more by having them work for them once they steal them. It's best when someone steals something and it ends up useless to them. And, you should understand everyone's pain of what they go thru if they happen to steal their headlights, and on top of that, cause more damage to thier car. It's almost like, "here, this is how my alarm system is wired to the car...please steal me". When I say this, and I hope I'm speaking for everybody who go thru this, if you want instructions on how to install the HID's in a 2k-2k1, then show PROOF of purchase and someone will help. How hard is that?! Very simple. If you don't want to, or think it's ridiculous, then figure it out on your own. It's simple as that.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I can show proff of purchase of brand new oem 02-03 headlights so can someone please help? I still have my paypal receipt.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:35 PM

I totally understand and support the reasoning behind this. Just curious, do the 2002+ Lights fit flush, neat and perfectly on an 00-01? or do they leave gaps or have alignment issues. Just curious, I'd consider doing it if the only challange is electrical.

Mike
Old 04-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by JMWarren
I totally understand and support the reasoning behind this. Just curious, do the 2002+ Lights fit flush, neat and perfectly on an 00-01? or do they leave gaps or have alignment issues. Just curious, I'd consider doing it if the only challange is electrical.

Mike
Yes, the HID's sit flush on the 2k-2k1 bumpers. There is no gap. You just have to buy and install the 2k2-2k3 headlight clips.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 PM

You make a good argument MixxMax

I just wanted to know why people got so touchy about it. I still think that the number of thieves deterred by this is a drop in the bucket, however, depending on the way you look at it, I guess that even one less thief makes it worthwhile.

I must say that I was also looking for someone who really knew what they were talking about. MixxMax would you please send me the instructions personally. You sound knowledgeable and I would have much more confidence in your directions.

Here is a copy of the Paypal transaction for my headlights. I hope that is enough because that is all I have. I did buy them from an Org. member from the classifieds section...you could probably find it floating around there still...I'll give you details if you need them.

My email is: holmes@aps.edu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount
Apr. 6, 2006 Payment To EDMUND GRANT Completed ... -$515.00 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Apr. 6, 2006 Charge From Credit Card Completed Details $515.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
EDMUND GRANT
Email:
springbrookrep@yahoo.com

Total Amount:
-$515.00 USD

Date:
Apr. 6, 2006
Time:
16:18:39 PDT
Completed

Subject:
Maxima headlights
Note:
Thanks for the parts...please let me know about the grille!
Shipping Address:

eric holmes
5528 overlook
albuquerque, NM 87111
United States
Confirmed

Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$515.00 USD - Discover Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-5349

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *SPRINGBROOK".

Old 04-25-2006, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by ravens2552
So as long as you get your $200 you don't care if they are stolen or not.

Im just kidding. but WHY you wanna pay 200 bucks for the instructions??? WHY????

Post pics of them and i will think about sending them to you.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Transaction Details

eBay Payment Sent (ID # 7G22358673738794U)

Total Amount:
-$564.94 USD
Date:
FEB. 15, 2006
Time:
15:48:01 PST
Completed

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal
8013510109 NEW 2002 NISSAN MAXIMA HEADLIGHTs RIGHT HEAD LIGHT 547.99 USD $547.99 USD

Shipping & Handling via UPS Ground
Note: UPS cannot ship to P.O. Boxes
(includes any seller handling fees) $16.95 USD
Shipping Insurance : --

Total: $564.94 USD

Shipping Address:

Michael Smith
5713 fairfax rd apt. C
Bakersfield, CA 93306
United States
Confirmed

Payment To:
STEVEN SAVINO (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Seller's ID:
bikescompletey
Seller's Email:
comple***oolz@aol.com

Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$564.94 USD - Visa Card

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *COMPLE***OO".

Here is my pay pal receipt. now can someone please help me
Old 04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Originally Posted by ravens2552
Transaction Details

eBay Payment Sent (ID # 7G22358673738794U)

Total Amount:
-$564.94 USD
Date:
FEB. 15, 2006
Time:
15:48:01 PST
Completed

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal
8013510109 NEW 2002 NISSAN MAXIMA HEADLIGHTs RIGHT HEAD LIGHT 547.99 USD $547.99 USD

Shipping & Handling via UPS Ground
Note: UPS cannot ship to P.O. Boxes
(includes any seller handling fees) $16.95 USD
Shipping Insurance : --

Total: $564.94 USD

Shipping Address:

Michael Smith
5713 fairfax rd apt. C
Bakersfield, CA 93306
United States
Confirmed

Payment To:
STEVEN SAVINO (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Seller's ID:
bikescompletey
Seller's Email:
comple***oolz@aol.com

Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$564.94 USD - Visa Card

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *COMPLE***OO".

Here is my pay pal receipt. now can someone please help me

You should have removed the ADDRESS from the receipt.... now someone from outside our community will know where to go.... PM me and I will send it to you.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mHOVA
I don't have the HID's yet, but I think I'm going to be buying them real soon (replicas from Ebay). I just want to know exactly what modifications need to be done to fit them in a 2001. I ask now because I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I drop $600. Do the mods concern wiring, fitting, etc?
Don't get the ebay replicas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have one ebay replica, and one OEM, there is a big difference in the quality, and some fitments. The wires get in the way of the housing, in mine, the HID bulbs sits crooked in the housing, the beam pattern is funky, and the plug will just barely fit onto the highbeam bulb because of the bassAckward design.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:12 PM

where can i buy the 2k3 headlight clips??and how much are they
Old 04-25-2006, 09:13 PM

i just recently bought a pair of 2k3 headlights and i was wondering how to install them...is it that hard?? or should i take it to a shop?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by panchosmax00
where can i buy the 2k3 headlight clips??and how much are they
Any Nissan dealer. They are a few bucks each.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by melvinman2003
Those cleared out HID's are tight bugbite!! Ive seen members with that mod. How hard was that to do?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214459
Old 04-26-2006, 01:03 PM

I hope I didn't upset anyone too much...

Originally Posted by MIXXMAX
OK, here's the thing. The 2k2-2k3 gen. Maximas are the top on the list of stolen HID's because of Nissan's terrible design of including the whole assembly of bulbs and ballasts in one place (on the headlight housing). Anyone who wants a set of these can easily pop them out with a screwdriver because, again, of the faulty design on how they are mounted on the car. Now, I know for a fact if I was a thief (which I am not), I would definitely look first on the internet to see how these HID's bulbs work and how they are wired. Since these came out of a Maxima, I'm sure 99% of that search is going to be the "Maxima.org.: Home for Maxima Enthusiasts". If we make posts of how these are wired into the car, then we are just helping thieves more buy letting them know how they can get their lights to work (the bulbs and ballasts). It doesn't matter what car they go in, it's just the way the power and ground is wired up to the car in order for them to work. There's a certain process because there are two items needed in order for the HID bulb to light up...the ignitor and ballast. Power and ground must be applied correctly or the bulb will not light up. Having a service manual helps, but believe me, I definitley had a hard time figuring it out on my own once I had these headlights. And, I can say, I am very knowledgable on the electrical system on my car, but I needed help because of the way the 2k-2k1 Max's lighting system are wired in the car. Body ground from the car plays a major role of how electrical things work in our cars. Anyway, getting to the point, these headlights are way too expensive to replace if we just help thieves out more by having them work for them once they steal them. It's best when someone steals something and it ends up useless to them. And, you should understand everyone's pain of what they go thru if they happen to steal their headlights, and on top of that, cause more damage to thier car. It's almost like, "here, this is how my alarm system is wired to the car...please steal me". When I say this, and I hope I'm speaking for everybody who go thru this, if you want instructions on how to install the HID's in a 2k-2k1, then show PROOF of purchase and someone will help. How hard is that?! Very simple. If you don't want to, or think it's ridiculous, then figure it out on your own. It's simple as that.

I just like playing devil's advocate. I posted proof of my purchase of the headlights. I even sent personal messages to a couple org members. No one has sent me the directions. C'mon guys...I can't bring myself to beg. So I will ask nicely without any further confrontation. Please would someone send the instructions to me by email or personal message.