5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 03:02 AM

those eyes look nice
Old 04-26-2006, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Edward Lee
Those rings don't fit. Talk about ghetto rigging something.
Of course they fit....and I'm not the first one who did it and if you've read carefully topics/comments regarding this kit, you'll see that those needs to be custom fit...
Old 04-26-2006, 06:55 AM

Mine wern't. When I called, you stated that it would cost me $25.00 for a new ballast. I said screw that and found them for $5.70 each. The same place where I get the ballasts also sell the lights but they aren't curved into rings, however they're only $6.00 each. What I am trying to get at is that you make a fortune at selling these lights, so give some customer service.
where did you find the ballasts? Im in the same boat you were in, but I havent installed the DDE's yet. I know they are gonna rape me for them, somehow. They SHOULD just send them to me (exchange or otherwise), but I doubt that will happen. So, Id rather spend 11 bucks than 40. Where should I look?

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maxima-Ness
where did you find the ballasts? Im in the same boat you were in, but I havent installed the DDE's yet. I know they are gonna rape me for them, somehow. They SHOULD just send them to me (exchange or otherwise), but I doubt that will happen. So, Id rather spend 11 bucks than 40. Where should I look?

Thanks!

You can get them at ITC Electronics here in Los Angeles, CA. They run right around $6.00 each and you will need four as they are single element inverters not the duals like Umnitza's. This being said, theses inverters (ballasts) will make your rings brighter by at least 25%.

You can order them yourselves and have them mailed to you or I can get them for you at $10.00 each. The markup is due to my time, energy and gas. I am not trying to make money on the sale of inverters, just trying to help other orgers and have to cover my costs. By the way, these inverters come bare, meaning without a box to protect them. You will either need to put them in Umnitxa's boxes and buy two more boxes or purchase two larger boxes to house two inverters in each box. The electric boxes run $3 to $4 each and they are made out of plastic.

P.M. me if you need assistance.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:37 AM

Thanks!

You can get them at ITC Electronics here in Los Angeles, CA. They run right around $6.00 each and you will need four as they are single element inverters not the duals like Umnitza's. This being said, theses inverters (ballasts) will make your rings brighter by at least 25%.

You can order them yourselves and have them mailed to you or I can get them for you at $10.00 each. The markup is due to my time, energy and gas. I am not trying to make money on the sale of inverters, just trying to help other orgers and have to cover my costs. By the way, these inverters come bare, meaning without a box to protect them. You will either need to put them in Umnitxa's boxes and buy two more boxes or purchase two larger boxes to house two inverters in each box. The electric boxes run $3 to $4 each and they are made out of plastic.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:37 AM

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by 03maxima1
Anyway I think there is a comparison picture in a thread on the second page of this forum. Check it out.
Thanks for the info, I saw that comparison picture, but it had blue LEDs and white umnitzas. I wanted to see white LEDs compared with white umnitzas, and possibly an LED ring that was fully functional.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima570
Thanks for the info, I saw that comparison picture, but it had blue LEDs and white umnitzas. I wanted to see white LEDs compared with white umnitzas, and possibly an LED ring that was fully functional.
So copy the picture from that thread and this one.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:30 PM

well iam giving up on this....
i bought my led angel eyes, but i have tried to install them 2 times rite now, and for some reason, the high beam headlight ring will not stick to the outter part.....its pissing me off so much...
so i gave up on it, and i a almost ****** up my headlight cause of the angel eyes.....
if anyone wants to give it a shot, and try these....
nothing wrong with them, they're in perfect working condition...
paypal me $25, whoever does it, i'll ship them out
thx guys
i really wanted to do this, but it just doesnt seem to work well
huso
Old 04-26-2006, 06:42 PM

talk to the guys that have done it. Ask them what they used.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Saucisse
Like MAXRB8 said, if you put too much glue you may have some light output issues. And don't forget to use a glue that will stay clear when drying.

Nice job dude!

can you use a clear silicone?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm ordering a set of these after I get my turbo installed (about to start on day3, almost there!). What is the time it takes to fully install both of them?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Z

Mine arrived today. Man are they nice and sturdy!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by panda_1
can you use a clear silicone?

Don't think anyone has tried that yet, you could be the first!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:38 PM

already ordered mine, just waiting on arrival.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

They look real good. Nice work.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Mine arrived today. Man are they nice and sturdy!
which one did you get? the CCFL or LED??
Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 AM

What is the glue that most people use on these rings? Have heard problems assocaited with super so looking for a good alternative.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:34 AM

I used home depot 5min epoxy and others have, also some have used 90second, I'd suggest some thing thick that doesn't easily run as you don't have a lot of surface to apply to, but use as little as possible to avoid light diffusion.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ICULookN
Umnitza you came out with a product for the Max that nobody else offered at that time, I congratulate you for that. On the flip side, the after purchase service sucks: 1) the original angel eyes(light box), you don't offer replacement bulbs for, and the ones you do offer, have less light output. So if a bulb goes bad, you have to replace both bulbs or disconnect everything or upgrade to the predator line. 2) Most of the guys who purchased the predator lines have cold weather light up problems. You then come out with a cold weather ballast and charge them for it. When you call to purchase the predator line, the cold weather ballast are not offered, you have to specifically ask for it. For the past year I've been driving around with 1 angel eye working, as much as I like the look of the predator line, I'm hesisitating to purchase it from you because I don't want to be in the same situtation next year. This appears to be good alternative.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. STILL waiting for another large ring replacement after my last came in broken. The one before that lasted only 30 minutes before it stopped working, and the one before that I couldn't make fit so it broke. I had to pay another $25 for that one. Now I find out about all these cold weather issues.

Hopefully the 4th time's the charm?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:52 AM

Mine wern't. When I called, you stated that it would cost me $25.00 for a new ballast. I said screw that and found them for $5.70 each. The same place where I get the ballasts also sell the lights but they aren't curved into rings, however they're only $6.00 each. What I am trying to get at is that you make a fortune at selling these lights, so give some customer service.
EXACTLY!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Z

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
which one did you get? the CCFL or LED??
LED.

Need some more glue suggestions.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
LED.

Need some more glue suggestions.
The stuff that worked best for me was plain 'ole Carzy glue. It's held up through the oven now twice and I haven't seen any yellowing. I tried the 90 second epoxy crap from Lowe's and it was a mess. I couldn't get it to hold well either, and it also yellowed a bit.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by kbohip
The stuff that worked best for me was plain 'ole Carzy glue. It's held up through the oven now twice and I haven't seen any yellowing. I tried the 90 second epoxy crap from Lowe's and it was a mess. I couldn't get it to hold well either, and it also yellowed a bit.
i think ima give high temp clear silicone a shot, id rather use that than an epoxy or crazy glue in case i have to take them off or do something with them.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by kbohip
I'm in the exact same boat as you. STILL waiting for another large ring replacement after my last came in broken. The one before that lasted only 30 minutes before it stopped working, and the one before that I couldn't make fit so it broke. I had to pay another $25 for that one. Now I find out about all these cold weather issues.

Hopefully the 4th time's the charm?
no, replace it with the cheaper LED's
Old 04-27-2006, 03:59 PM

has anyone tried one of those crazy glue gel?? it doesnt run and you can put just the right amount you want to use. think im gonna use that when i get mine installed.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
has anyone tried one of those crazy glue gel?? it doesnt run and you can put just the right amount you want to use. think im gonna use that when i get mine installed.
I actually tried this version of krazy glue so i didn't have to hold the ring until the Epoxy dried. It did stick on contact, but much like my wrongly applied Epoxy, it came off just as well.

Then again, i only applied enough KG to hold it in place, not to make it stick. KG does sell stuff for automotive application, i just don't know if it stands up to high heat.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:16 AM

Where have you been? I cant get ahold of you through PM.

Send me a message when/if you see this.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:53 PM

I just ordered some I ordered the white LED ones...i think i'm just going to go with the 5 minute epoxy....even though it is a PITA to sit there and hold it, i'd rather do it right the first time.....
Old 05-09-2006, 05:55 PM

Well I'm just satisfied with my Umnitza DDE, but if they ever go wrong then I'll try the E46.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:37 PM

Where have you been? I cant get ahold of you through PM.

Send me a message when/if you see this.

Thanks!
Where have I been? At Work! I work between 10 and 19 hours per day.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:08 PM

Where have I been? At Work! I work between 10 and 19 hours per day.

That doesnt sound like much fun!

Did you happen to get my PM about the DDE's?
Old 05-11-2006, 03:03 PM

That doesnt sound like much fun!

Did you happen to get my PM about the DDE's?

No, but I got your pm about the inverters. lol

Left all info for you to obtain them. Good Luck and sorry for the delay.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Taken directly from my orignal thread on page 1, these are the exact one's I used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...QQcmdZViewItem

A MAXRB8 sorry to sound like a puss but I clicked on your link and got rings for a E36 I know this cant be right. I searched for the other products by that same vendor and found these are these the rings that u have? Have u had any problems from them thous far?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...temZ8064036735

or theses:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...temZ8015862496
Old 05-13-2006, 10:49 AM

Sorry my bad I used these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...mZ220000216311

but your two links are the same seller just CCFL's, others have used them but I went with the LED's, I'm happy with mine but it would be nice if they were brighter. In hind sight I think I'd take a chance and spend a few more $$$ and try the CCFL's? The mount tabs would be handy if you could glue those to the headlight surrounds and then just clip the rings on!

Originally Posted by callkiss
A MAXRB8 sorry to sound like a puss but I clicked on your link and got rings for a E36 I know this cant be right. I searched for the other products by that same vendor and found these are these the rings that u have? Have u had any problems from them thous far?

or theses:

Old 05-13-2006, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Sorry my bad I used these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...mZ220000216311

but your two links are the same seller just CCFL's, others have used them but I went with the LED's, I'm happy with mine but it would be nice if they were brighter. In hind sight I think I'd take a chance and spend a few more $$$ and try the CCFL's? The mount tabs would be handy if you could glue those to the headlight surrounds and then just clip the rings on!

So the CCFL's are suppose to be brighter cause they dont look like it?
Old 05-13-2006, 11:38 AM

supposedly
Old 05-13-2006, 12:32 PM

off topic, but I'm satisfied with my umnitza DDE's, they are bright as hell, aren't noticable in the daytime, and havent had any issues with them. (well, one minor one, but thats cuz it was my fault wiring them, it just came loose)

And you know it's a good product when a guy with a beemer (original car with DDEs) gives you a compliment on how good and bright your rings look.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by GETukrainian
off topic, but I'm satisfied with my umnitza DDE's, they are bright as hell, aren't noticable in the daytime, and havent had any issues with them. (well, one minor one, but thats cuz it was my fault wiring them, it just came loose)

And you know it's a good product when a guy with a beemer (original car with DDEs) gives you a compliment on how good and bright your rings look.
Funny you should say about he daytime that they aren't noticable as neither are the LED's, but because I have nothing to physically to compare to I just assumed the DDE's would be brighter.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by callkiss

or theses:

I have the E36 version.

Quick Reply: Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!