5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

anyone try the Fujita Intake for the 6th gen on a 5.5 gen???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:29 AM

anyone try the Fujita Intake for the 6th gen on a 5.5 gen???

i know i know another intake thread

ive been keepingmy eyes on these fujita intakes thar the 6th gen guys are raving about

ive been thinking of buying it and making it fit my 5.5 gen max

i really like the design as it is all 1 piece, no hoses, nothing no clamps

thoughts on the install or personal experiences?????
Old 04-26-2006, 10:27 AM

from what ive learned, there has yet to be developed an intake for our cars that makes any difference in gains. I think the GAB makes the most gain and its only a couple of HP. Other than sounding good, theres not much to be said.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:32 AM

i didnt ask about performance gains !!!!!

i am looking for specific knowldege of an install of either a fujita or a similiar( 1 piece) intake in a 5.5 gen max
Old 04-26-2006, 10:45 AM

okay....calm down Tonto....****!

I was trying to give some feedback. sorry I tried....

good luck...
Old 04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I ordered a fujita filter for my PR intake.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:50 PM

thats not bad...let me know how the fujita filter works out???
Old 05-13-2006, 07:25 PM

I got 2 3 inch Fujita filters for my buddy - Goldmaxnyc - and me. He's got a 2003 with a Weapon-R short ram and I have a 2000 with a PR intake. We both decided to replace our aging filters with new ones from Fujita. Both of us notice an increase in the low to mid range power. My buddy says it's not as loud and aggressive as Weapon-R. I notice a change in sound, and an overall crispiness to my acceleration. The car is happier to pick up speed now. Best 40 bucks I spent on my car so far
Old 05-13-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by nailz420
I got 2 3 inch Fujita filters for my buddy - Goldmaxnyc - and me. He's got a 2003 with a Weapon-R short ram and I have a 2000 with a PR intake. We both decided to replace our aging filters with new ones from Fujita. Both of us notice an increase in the low to mid range power. My buddy says it's not as loud and aggressive as Weapon-R. I notice a change in sound, and an overall crispiness to my acceleration. The car is happier to pick up speed now. Best 40 bucks I spent on my car so far
and mine took 30 seconds to install ..hehe
Old 05-13-2006, 10:00 PM

i wonder why they make one for the V6 Altima, and the 6th gen maxima, but not the 5th/5.5 gen. i think ill email them to see what they can do...

but as far as i can tell, their filter doesnt seem any different than a K&N filter or K&N style...
Old 05-14-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by KCMC582
i wonder why they make one for the V6 Altima, and the 6th gen maxima, but not the 5th/5.5 gen. i think ill email them to see what they can do...

but as far as i can tell, their filter doesnt seem any different than a K&N filter or K&N style...
I can't even imagine where you saw any similarity. If anything, Fujita looks like the APEX'I filter, but with a slightly narrower top.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by nailz420
I can't even imagine where you saw any similarity. If anything, Fujita looks like the APEX'I filter, but with a slightly narrower top.
thats why i said "K&N style" filter...they are all washable filter elements that need to be oiled. the Apex'i and Fujita ones have that horn-thing in the front, but then so do 3A Racing and APC ones at pep boys.

i was trying to get at finding out what makes the Fujita filter different enough to warrant a switch from the current filters we may have to that one, if there is something about it that adds power over what we have now.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by KCMC582
thats why i said "K&N style" filter...they are all washable filter elements that need to be oiled. the Apex'i and Fujita ones have that horn-thing in the front, but then so do 3A Racing and APC ones at pep boys.

i was trying to get at finding out what makes the Fujita filter different enough to warrant a switch from the current filters we may have to that one, if there is something about it that adds power over what we have now.
You're right, they are both washable oiled fitlers. I don't know what kind of filter you have now, or if your satisfied with yours, but I wasn't happy with my monsterflow. GoldMaxNYC simply needed a new filter, cause his old one was dirty and it's non-cleanable. I wanted to go with apex'i but it was too pricy for me. I found out about fujita from Tuner Performance Rerports (www.tprmag.com). I liked the test results and 6th gen people seem to like their intakes. Thats why I chose Fujita as my replacement filter. If you NEED a new filter you might want to consider getting it.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:44 PM

Just FYI Apexi is NOT an oiled filter K&N type. That is why there have been heated K&N versus Apexi Debates. Apexi is a dry element filter that is rated 50000 miles not a million like K&N. You might ask then why the debate seems stupid. They debate however come in the Apexi ones because they are dry element have not chance in messing up our ridiculously sensitive MAF. I couldnt find out from their site if fujita filters are oiled however it did state you could clean them with a kit which would lend me to think it is an oil type since you cannot clean dry elemets to my knowledge. Just some baselines from there dyno results. In a 04-05 350z the car gain 10 horsepower to the wheels and 8 ft/lb of torque. Those are some impressive numbers. But we know how different our car is responding to aftermarket.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by ctrent86
Just FYI Apexi is NOT an oiled filter K&N type. That is why there have been heated K&N versus Apexi Debates. Apexi is a dry element filter that is rated 50000 miles not a million like K&N. You might ask then why the debate seems stupid. They debate however come in the Apexi ones because they are dry element have not chance in messing up our ridiculously sensitive MAF. I couldnt find out from their site if fujita filters are oiled however it did state you could clean them with a kit which would lend me to think it is an oil type since you cannot clean dry elemets to my knowledge. Just some baselines from there dyno results. In a 04-05 350z the car gain 10 horsepower to the wheels and 8 ft/lb of torque. Those are some impressive numbers. But we know how different our car is responding to aftermarket.
your right, thats what i thought previously, but i remembered the Apex'i filters to be silver a while back, so when i saw them recently and they were red and looked like K&N ones, i assumed incorrectly that they were changed to the oil based ones now.

but back on topic, i just changed from a worn out old K&N to some generic one that resembles the Fujita one. Once that one wears out, since usually once winter hits they get too dirty to be cleaned, i may give these Fujita ones a shot.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ctrent86
Just some baselines from there dyno results. In a 04-05 350z the car gain 10 horsepower to the wheels and 8 ft/lb of torque. Those are some impressive numbers. But we know how different our car is responding to aftermarket.
Just for the record, I would not put much faith in any dyno results that come from the manufaturers' site.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=KCMC582]your right, thats what i thought previously, but i remembered the Apex'i filters to be silver a while back, so when i saw them recently and they were red and looked like K&N ones, i assumed incorrectly that they were changed to the oil based ones now.

The red is just a dye they use on the dry element. For some reason people associate a red filter for performance so there you go. For some more info on apexi versus K&N visit HERE. I think some of that FAQ pages is far fetched but has some good overall info. I emailed Fujita today about their elements and whether they are dry or oil based elements also about possiblity for a intake for our cars waiting to here back. (heard back there are not currenty looking to make one for our cars. They said they are a newer company so they want to get current with all new cars then go to older ones understandable.)

On relying on manufactures website I just used to show one persons take on teh gains. If yo look at the 6th gen forums they are calling these intakes the second coming so I wouldnt think these numbers are that far off. But as stated I would never expect these gains on our cars because how particular/wierd our cars are. If you dont know what I am taking about do a post search and see how our cars react to cold airs and short rams. I have heard good things so far from fujita from many people and they all talk of great quality and serivce. I think it will be worth a try

Edit: I heard back from Fujita and they are oil based elements.