5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Illuminas w/ Front Springs Installed Only??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 10:49 AM

Illuminas w/ Front Springs Installed Only??

I and a friend recently installed my Progress springs on the front only cuz it took us so long to finish. Anyway With the front lowered only, it looks and has an aggressive stance and the back isnt sitting high at all. I've gotten 5 compliments already today from unknown people. Should I keep it like this? eventually we're going to install my rear springs later but Im getting opinions or if anybody else has done it...oh By the way I have Illuminas all around.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:33 AM
dot dot dot ...

Finish the job..
Old 05-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Drug Money

People have left the backs with stock springs with aftermarket struts.

IMO, do the swap, the rear is 10x easier than the fronts, plus, the stiffer spring rates will help you through corners.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was planning on doing the same set up. I ordered some Maxspeeds and was going to lower the front only. I've got new rims and tires and was going to do it all together. Take some pics if possible. I'll post pics when I'm done.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:55 PM

yea i will take pix 4 sure...I will leave the back ones off until I can purchase a rear sway...budgets kinda tight but yea it looks aggressive right now and people are loving it....but yea I'll get the pix by monday, hopefully sooner
Old 05-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Driving is the next best thing

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Finish the job..

come on man, it's not the way maxima is supposed to look... Besides, your car probably handles like crap at this point.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by DrKlop

come on man, it's not the way maxima is supposed to look... Besides, your car probably handles like crap at this point.

My car handles way better than yours. and I have a 6speed with more mods than you, so u should jus saved what u had to have said...sound like ur one of them punk *** know at all orgers on here too and if you have read correctly I said i was gonna put them on when i get my rear strut brace...tell me about handling now
Old 05-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Originally Posted by kencapel
My car handles way better than yours. and I have a 6speed with more mods than you, so u should jus saved what u had to have said...sound like ur one of them punk *** know at all orgers on here too and if you have read correctly I said i was gonna put them on when i get my rear strut brace...tell me about handling now
HOw old are you??? Damn kid take it easy and breathe.... what he is referring is that you rear is not as firm as the front at this point. I have maxspeed in the front with illuminas and haven't done the rear cause I couldn't take one of the rear screws out. Don't have the time to work on the car and it is sitting in myu garage anyway. The rear in my car sucks because I heven't replace the springs and struts.

Next time think about what you are saying and don't go after someone who's trying to help you out.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:54 PM
dot dot dot ...

Old 05-19-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lontar1
HOw old are you??? Damn kid take it easy and breathe.... what he is referring is that you rear is not as firm as the front at this point. I have maxspeed in the front with illuminas and haven't done the rear cause I couldn't take one of the rear screws out. Don't have the time to work on the car and it is sitting in myu garage anyway. The rear in my car sucks because I heven't replace the springs and struts.

Next time think about what you are saying and don't go after someone who's trying to help you out.
Like i said, b4 u run off and assume somebodys car looks or handles like crap he should have read what i was gonna do, point blank. It doesnt handle like crap to me not like im gonna roll over making a turn..so I flamed him back 4 it...iduno how ur car handles or his, really i dont care. just like you dont have the time to do your's right now, I dont have the money right now 4 a rear strut. people these days
Old 05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Like i said, b4 u run off and assume somebodys car looks or handles like crap he should have read what i was gonna do, point blank. It doesnt handle like crap to me not like im gonna roll over making a turn..so I flamed him back 4 it...iduno how ur car handles or his, really i dont care. just like you dont have the time to do your's right now, I dont have the money right now 4 a rear strut. people these days
let me guess...!!! you have to be either 16 or 17, cut the attitude.. we have a forum so people can help each other not to be an a$$ with each other. If you don't like what people say, well learn to live with it. Nothing personal but you need to control your attitude cause it won't help you.... my .02
Old 05-19-2006, 02:22 PM
dot dot dot ...

Wel he sed it b4 y0...

Originally Posted by Lontar1
you need to control your attitude cause it won't help you
Old 05-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Driving is the next best thing

WTF?

First, you started this thread to find out whether you should install the rear springs:
Should I keep it like this?
and my post was a direct answer to your question.

Second, your car DOES handle like crap with such setup, PERIOD. If you want to prove it to yourself just try driving a little faster than a grandma.

Third, "rear strut brace" is one of the least affective mods you can spend money on and it has nothing to do with lowering.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Drug Money

I think for oversteer, you have to have the rears stiffer than the fronts.

With his current setup, the rear is softer than the fronts, so than, i guess he would have understeer.

har har har.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by MaxBoost925
I think for oversteer, you have to have the rears stiffer than the fronts.

With his current setup, the rear is softer than the fronts, so than, i guess he would have understeer.

har har har.
MaxBoost925: you are right on the money.

It's an old autocrossing trick-to reduce understeer, STIFFEN the REAR springs.

Stiff front springs and soft rears will cause you to plow "flatly" into the next curve.

Stiffen the rear springs now.

My digital 2 cents.

Vic
Old 05-28-2006, 10:18 PM

MaxBoost925, i just knowtice that you are 17 and you have all that body kit w/ all that mod to your car, i dunno how much money you put in your car but it looks like a whole lot.... tell me, now that im interested, what do you do for a living so i can come work with you man cause dam SON ur car looks nice as hizzle, and oh yeah waht you say about oversteering is right, the back has to be harder then the front, and this is where drifting will come in place ... yah yah yah
Old 05-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Drug Money

Originally Posted by Ty87
MaxBoost925, i just knowtice that you are 17 and you have all that body kit w/ all that mod to your car, i dunno how much money you put in your car but it looks like a whole lot.... tell me, now that im interested, what do you do for a living so i can come work with you man cause dam SON ur car looks nice as hizzle, and oh yeah waht you say about oversteering is right, the back has to be harder then the front, and this is where drifting will come in place ... yah yah yah
im a waiter!!! yay!
Old 05-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Need A Light?

Hey can I have some shrimp fried rice?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Drug Money

Originally Posted by steven88
Hey can I have some shrimp fried rice?
well.

we can do California Overnight via:

1) FedEx
2) UPS
3) DHL

...or USPS.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:01 AM
Need A Light?

i'll take number 1...oh wait, thats fedex....thats so
Old 05-29-2006, 10:29 AM

if your front is stiff and the back is loose (like your mother), your car will spin out at the first tight turn it hits...
Old 05-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Drug Money

Originally Posted by FriscoMaxima
if your front is stiff and the back is loose (like your mother), your car will spin out at the first tight turn it hits...
actually, it will understeer crazily and you will hit whatever barrier is there...

...trust me, it sucks.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:52 AM
Shift_MajesticFemale

I have the same setup right now... Dropped on illuminas & htech in front stock in the rear.. Front feels tight but rear WAYYYY TO BOUNCY!!! I just havent had time to switch up the rear.. i have all the parts waiting in boxes right now!! Yeah, THe car's Look is aggressive, but, id rather have beter handling!!