5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How Much Should 90k Maintenance Cost??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Nightmare = Reality

How Much Should 90k Maintenance Cost??

I feel like i got scammed at the stealership...

$727

they even put one of their licenseplate surrounds on my ride and did a ****ty job washing it. If it wasnt for the fact that my front suspension no longer creaks and i NEED my car everyday, I was tempted to spend ALOT of time with the svc manager.

They said my tires were cupping and after rotating them they're loud as hell?? these tires were NEVER this loud (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S)
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Driving is the next best thing

It depends on what exactly they have done.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Maxim(a)SerjVQ

They said my tires were cupping and after rotating them they're loud as hell?? these tires were NEVER this loud (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S)

I got the same exact problem. wonder why that is?? gonna have to take it back soon.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

They do that, its probly something with your back suspension being out of whack. If you have fairly new tires, im not sure on the michelin pilot warranty though, get them replaced and it should be pro-rated. I had dunlops on my last car, shouldve been a 50k mile warranty, tires were quiet and i had them rotated ( a few times) but at 18k it made a lot louder road noise, tires were cupped and i got around a 55 dollar credit towards new ones.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:35 PM

Whats the Maintenance thats Typically required @ 90K??

Please dont ask me to check the manual.. I am trying to see whats absolutely necessary @ 90K???
Old 07-18-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by mohmony

Please dont ask me to check the manual.. I am trying to see whats absolutely necessary @ 90K???
I would like to know as well. I am on 88k miles and will be doing this soon. I think alot of it is preventative maintenance to prevent bigger problems down the road. And alot of flushing this and that BS. The normal...I thought I saw 500-600 for this....Anyone?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:46 PM
It's business time.

That's not just maintenance. They had to have fixed something.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:16 PM

my michelin pilot a/s were really loud when i rotated it.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:20 PM
It's business time.

You guys are probably waiting too long between rotations.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

do it yourself.... save $$$$
Old 07-18-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Maxim(a)SerjVQ
I feel like i got scammed at the stealership...

$727

they even put one of their licenseplate surrounds on my ride and did a ****ty job washing it. If it wasnt for the fact that my front suspension no longer creaks and i NEED my car everyday, I was tempted to spend ALOT of time with the svc manager.

My 60,000 service cost about that. I had the transmission fluid change; radiator flush; brake fluid drained; oil change; all filter's changed; air condition recharged; brakes adjusted; allignment; wheels balanced; serviced throttle body and changed out my steering column ( I think ). I think I mentioned everything but in all there was a lot that was done.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:32 PM

From the Horse's Mouth

Just take it to a mom and pop shop that specialize in Nissans.

They should charge a decent rate, and check their rep. on the BBB

I have the official Nissan Maintenance log w/ me... Here's what it says at 90K. :

EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
Replace Engine Oil
Replace Engine Oil Filter
Replace Air Cleaner Filter
Inspect Vapor Lines
Inspect Fuel Lines
Replace Engine Coolant
Inspect Drive Belts

CHASSIS AND BODY MAINTENANCE
Inspect Brake Lines and Cables
Inspect Brake Pads, Discs, Drums and Linings
Inspect Manual / Automatic Transmission Fluid / Tansaxle Oil
Inspect Exhaust System
Inspect Steering Gear and Linkage, Axle & Suspension Parts
Inspect Front Drive Shaft Boots
Inspect Steering Linkage Ball Joints & Front Suspecsion Ball Joints
Tire Rotation

So there you have it... the 90K check up...

I just hit 91K... ughhh.... Better start savin' my pennies...

Also: You guys are better off getting a Nissan air filter... I pulled my Fram one out and it hardly makes a seal... the Nissan one fits like tupperware over the airfilter... I think that's what contributed to my MAF going out.

And use a Nissan oil filter.. there's a post about this in this website, and it just has a better filter system. The other stuff at AutoX, won't be as good for your engine...

So get your own Transmittion fluid, Oil.
Get a Nissan Air Filter, and Nissan Oil Filter

And go to the local mechanic that specializes in Nissans and make a deal w/ him. Add his hours of labor and parts and round it below what the whole total would be if you added everything individually, and then ask him to put your parts in for you. They'll probably be a LOT cheaper than the stealership...

Anyway, my two $.02...

And if some parts are on their way to breaking... Then you'll know it's good for another one or two thousand miles and you can save up for a performance part, or switch it out with something that works better than some OEM parts for your Maxima.

I found a guy down in Miami that will put in the parts I bring him, but I only come in when my car needs a few things, the rest of the stuff he just finds OEM replacements. I throw a few hundred his way and everyone is happy... He's got my money, the stealership is minus one victim (my car)... and I know EXACTLY what's in my car and when it's ready to be replaced. And from some of the horror stories of guys getting screwed at your local *friendly* Nissan dealership, I think I've been saving hunderds of $$$'s. Using this website, I've put a lot of good parts into my Max, and it always keeps running...
Old 07-18-2006, 08:11 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

$429.00 at our dealership. They must have done alot more work than just a 90K service
Old 07-18-2006, 08:14 PM

dont buy the 'dealer suggested' 30k/60k/90k

have them do whats required by the schedule, as theyre doing it, they might suggest trans flush, plugs or whatever based on what they find on the inspections, and thatll be your call on wether to go ahead with it.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:14 AM

Nissan Free Checkups??

I been trying to see if the Nissan Stealerships would offer those Free Checkups and Specials -- Which NISSAN Announces on and off..

Any idea when the next one would be?

Cheers!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I been trying to see if the Nissan Stealerships would offer those Free Checkups and Specials -- Which NISSAN Announces on and off..

Cheers!
Don't fall for that BS crap. One time I did the free checkup and I doubt they actually check anything. My brake pads were already worn out and they didn't catch that? The only thing was they wanted me to replace the windshield wiper. It wasn't a thorough checkup.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 AM

Cheers!
These FREE checups are USELESS! I got two of those done and all they include is "visual" inspection. No test drive, no lift, nothing. You can do all this on your own, i promise you. Plus, when you take the car for a free check up - chances are that they will invent problems that are not there.
>> Example: Local Nissan dealer told me that my AT fluid needs flush, even though, that SAME dealership did a complete AT fluid flush on my car only 15k miles ago. When i told them that, they very quickly changed the subject and told me that it was a mistake. What do you call this???

Don't waste your time with nissan. If you are concerned about something on the car, take it to an independent Japanese car shop and ask them to check it for you.
Only if you have full Nissan warrantly and no deductable, then take it to your Nissan dealer. \
Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
westler92

Originally Posted by maximadave
$429.00 at our dealership. They must have done alot more work than just a 90K service

Yeah......I was gonna say thats right around what mines costed

Old 07-19-2006, 09:44 AM

$429 to change fluids, change an oil filter, and rotate the tires??!! The "visual" inspection crap is BS. I hate dealers!! Guys, u gotta start doing these things yourselves, or as some have suggested, go to a local shop. Just give them the Nissan filter, and any fluids you prefer.