5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2K owners, b content......

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 06:20 PM

I say be content with what you got and work on that....
I'm satisfied with my 2k SE w/leatherand moonroof. It's not an invincible car, it's quicker than most, looks sharp, stands out amongst the sea of Hondas, Tls and Camarys.

Here's a weird one. In a year or two, the 260hp Max will roam the streets. They will beat, out drag and out run similiar cars on the streets, speciaclly TLs. The one who got beaten by the 260 hp Max will will forever have this little fear of lining up to one of us 222 hp Max! Pyschological warfare? Or maybe I'm watching too much X-files....
Old 06-28-2001, 11:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I agree....and I am happy with wat I have and faster and faster cars will be made in the future. 2k2 max may sound attractive with all the juicy stuff. but not enough for me to regret.

but I am affraid the 2k,2k1 max will become their revenge target b/c the power of 2k2 max.
Old 06-28-2001, 11:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

well, i don't know about the rest of people here on org, but i can't buy every single car just because it has more power....
i'll just have to think about ways to improve my car without resorting to trading in for a new one every year....eh...like the supercharger maybe?
Old 06-28-2001, 11:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
I agree....and I am happy with wat I have and faster and faster cars will be made in the future. 2k2 max may sound attractive with all the juicy stuff. but not enough for me to regret.

but I am affraid the 2k,2k1 max will become their revenge target b/c the power of 2k2 max.
[/QUOTE

That's gonna come with the territory....however, the person who got beaten by the 260hp Max should be competent and knowledgeable to realize that it was a 2k2 model. If not, then we're probably dealing with folks who think their type this and type that stickers are worth 5hp per.

Faster cars? The new Z is around the corner and is, yikes!, less than 30K! Even comes stantard with a beatifully RTSB designed into the car! 5.5sec 0-60, imagine just slightly modding this baby, say intake, exhaust and pulley, sub 5 potential.

BTW: How can I cover the lic. plate on my sig? Sorry for the junenial question, I'm not very computer literat.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

only car that will ever make me dump my max is a GTR =D
the look of the new z350 is too much for me.

anyways, u can use paint under ur accessory folder to cover up ur l. plate with any color....if u want it to look nicer, use photoshop.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2kseman
That's gonna come with the territory....however, the person who got beaten by the 260hp Max should be competent and knowledgeable to realize that it was a 2k2 model. If not, then we're probably dealing with folks who think their type this and type that stickers are worth 5hp per.

Faster cars? The new Z is around the corner and is, yikes!, less than 30K! Even comes stantard with a beatifully RTSB designed into the car! 5.5sec 0-60, imagine just slightly modding this baby, say intake, exhaust and pulley, sub 5 potential.

BTW: How can I cover the lic. plate on my sig? Sorry for the junenial question, I'm not very computer literat.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:23 AM

I cropped it....

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
only car that will ever make me dump my max is a GTR =D
the look of the new z350 is too much for me.

anyways, u can use paint under ur accessory folder to cover up ur l. plate with any color....if u want it to look nicer, use photoshop.

M/overdose, thanks for the info...
I was noticing how some of the plates were chopped on some sigs...I know enough to crop the pic. on photopoint.
Thanks though.......
Old 06-29-2001, 03:08 AM

I really do like the stylings of the 2k and 2K1 maxes a lot better than the 2K2. Although there are some things about the 2K2 that are better, I'm probably keeping my car for the next 7 years or so, so I appreciate what I have. If you be good to it (the max) it'll be good to you.
Old 06-29-2001, 04:28 AM

Yeah..

It's going to be tough when the 260 HP Max comes out. But hey, it's not like our Max's will be crap after that. We'll still be able to smack down the same cars we do now. Besides, there are a ton of mods we can put on our cars to compete with a 2K2. Bolt on boost baby.....
Old 06-29-2001, 04:39 AM

Hey, it's a run what you brung. I am in line for a 2002 post october (6sp HLSD), unless us Canadians get it right off the bat! (Nissan loves us SE owners!)

There is no way I am going to ride on someone else's coat tails.

If ever I see someone re-baging thier 2000-2001 Max with some sort of 3.5 emblem I will puke.
Old 06-29-2001, 06:25 AM

I will tell you that I just sold my 00' Mustang GT that ran 13.8-14.0 in the 1/4 @ 100mph, and I love the maxima and don't miss the GT. It is such a refined car: quiet,quick,luxurious yet still sporty (I have an SE). I am not worried about being beat by 2002 Max's, because no matter how fast you are there is always someone faster!"rolleyes"

Hey would a FSTB really improve my handling, or should I just wait a couple of weeks and get the springs?
Old 06-29-2001, 05:41 PM

Re: I cropped it....

Originally posted by 2kseman

M/overdose, thanks for the info...
I was noticing how some of the plates were chopped on some sigs...I know enough to crop the pic. on photopoint.
Thanks though.......
Hey2KSEMAN, Your MAX looks real nice. Those 18 inch wheels really compliment your black max. Where in SoCal are you from??
Old 06-30-2001, 12:39 AM

Re: Re: I cropped it....

Originally posted by Dave Lopez
Hey2KSEMAN, Your MAX looks real nice. Those 18 inch wheels really compliment your black max. Where in SoCal are you from??
By Cal-State LA. (Rosemead) People outside So-Cal can reference Cal-State LA much bette then Rosemead..
If your into import drag, Lisa Kubo is also in Rosemead.
So-Cal Edison, you know, the snagfu on the rolling black out, is also HQ'd in Rosemead....Dammm, Rosemead is more famous than I thought!!!!
Old 06-30-2001, 12:47 AM

Hm...you guys say mod to beat the 2k2s but what if the 2k2s get boost?
Old 06-30-2001, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by 2000 SE
I will tell you that I just sold my 00' Mustang GT that ran 13.8-14.0 in the 1/4 @ 100mph, and I love the maxima and don't miss the GT. It is such a refined car: quiet,quick,luxurious yet still sporty (I have an SE). I am not worried about being beat by 2002 Max's, because no matter how fast you are there is always someone faster!"rolleyes"

Hey would a FSTB really improve my handling, or should I just wait a couple of weeks and get the springs?
Glad you got the SE..yeah the M/GT has a great 1/4 time, however, on a daily basis, what is the percentage of track time vs. daily driving and commute? Refinement goes a long way....less you forget, the Max is a packaged deal, quicker then most and a tail to remember...

Go for the springs!
Old 06-30-2001, 06:00 AM

The FSTB will keep your shell stiff and will really help with aftermarket springs.

wdave
Old 06-30-2001, 07:31 AM

2kSEMan, You were correct in saying the GT is not the best daily commuter, not to mention that after 11k miles it had more rattles than my soon to come daughter has!!

The only thing I miss about the GT is the Torque. I drive at low rpms mostly (a lot of highway), but from what I understand there are a couple of parts that will help me cure that.

My other concern was that if I get the springs (eibach) I don't want the ride to be too stiff.

WDave,

Thanks for the reply, and I think I will get the FTSB soon since it is a relatively cheap piece (price, not construction).
Old 06-30-2001, 11:55 AM

HID swap

anybody know approx how much its gonna cost to swap for the HIDs?
A_T_W
Old 06-30-2001, 12:29 PM

I say be content with what you got and work on that....
I'm satisfied with my 2k SE w/leatherand moonroof. It's not an invincible car, it's quicker than most, looks sharp, stands out amongst the sea of Hondas, Tls and Camarys.

Here's a weird one. In a year or two, the 260hp Max will roam the streets. They will beat, out drag and out run similiar cars on the streets, speciaclly TLs. The one who got beaten by the 260 hp Max will will forever have this little fear of lining up to one of us 222 hp Max! Pyschological warfare? Or maybe I'm watching too much X-files....
I like your spin on this and I agree since there is no visible difference a perspective racer tremble in fear.
Old 06-30-2001, 03:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2kseman

How about this pic:

Old 06-30-2001, 04:17 PM
PhatGuy

I say fstb first...cheaper...easy to put on and is a good start to the mod monster. Been doing my homework on springs and I am going with the H&R over the Eibach. The H&R sit a lil lower but aren't as stiff as the eibachs so I can still have some form of luxury/comfort when driving the car will be lower and tighter than stock. Then throw on a RSB and you will be all set!

Old 06-30-2001, 04:23 PM

Remember that commerical..

Originally posted by Desert Pearl

How about this pic:

where this lady says OPEN OPEN OPEN in front of the store(Mervyns?)
D/Pearl, I say this to you, SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME!!!
How'd you do that?

M/g2k, are you in the right post?

2000 SE: Ford's slogan was "Have you driven a Ford lately?"
Now it's "Have you been recalled latley?" Just a joke folks....
Old 06-30-2001, 04:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: I cropped it....

By Cal-State LA. (Rosemead) People outside So-Cal can reference Cal-State LA much bette then Rosemead..
If your into import drag, Lisa Kubo is also in Rosemead.
So-Cal Edison, you know, the snagfu on the rolling black out, is also HQ'd in Rosemead....Dammm, Rosemead is more famous than I thought!!!!
I know Rosemead. My Godfather lives there. Im in Burbank.
Old 06-30-2001, 07:37 PM

Re: Remember that commerical..

where this lady says OPEN OPEN OPEN in front of the store(Mervyns?)
D/Pearl, I say this to you, SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME!!!
How'd you do that?
Do you have Adobe Photoshop? If so, you can follow along and see what I did.

1. Open picture in Photoshop.

2. Click on Image on the menu bar.

3. Select Canvas Size and set the height to 4.000 inches and click on the bottom center box to change it to white. (You'll see what I mean when you do this). Then click OK. This will get rid of the stupid Photopoint upper bar.

4. On the toolbar click on the one that looks like this:

desertpearlmax.homestead.com/files/roller.jpg

5. After selecting this tool, you need to specify a reference point. If you look at your picture, you'll see a nice shadow line on your front bumper. You'd like to extend this shadow effect over your liscence plate.

desertpearlmax.homestead.com/files/bumper.jpg

6. Press Alt and left click on the edge of this shadow on your bumper. This sets a reference point to paste from.

7. Next move the roller to the left along the shadow about 1/4" or so. Then left click the mouse again. Now just keep the left mouse button down and roll over your liscence plate like in the following pic.

desertpearlmax.homestead.com/files/view1.jpg

This may take a few tries to get it right, but you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Lemme know if you need any more info.

Here's your picture in .jpg format without the PhotoPoint bar, so you can upload it to your PhotoPoint account and redo your sig pic. Enjoy.

desertpearlmax.homestead.com/files/view2.jpg
Old 07-01-2001, 10:41 PM

D/Pearl: Don't have Adobe photoshop....yet
I'll try it when I get it...thanks for your assisitance.

D/Lopez: Maybe we can hook-up one day at the Hat at Garfield and Valley for dem "world famous Pastrami"!