5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HELP! Question about nissan stealership.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:44 AM

HELP! Question about nissan stealership.

Ok guys. Its thursday. Ive had my car at the stealership since last wed. I took it in for a problem they had supposedly checked and fixed 2 times before. This is the third attempt. It seems theres something wrong with either the valve body or the throttle body im not sure exactly which. At first the rpms would fluctuate coming to a stop from about 1700rpm, would suddenly drop to about 800rpm then jump back up to normal and go to idle at 1000rpm. The first time they cleaned the part. The second time they replaced it. After the second time, everytime i would brake to come to a stop, the car would pull back as if the engine was hesitating or wanted to stall. Rpms would still fluctuate but not as much as before. NOW, i take the car in to check this and the hood flutter and a squeak i hear from the front. Im under complete original and extended warranty. As per them, they charge $99 for everything they diagnose. So, im getting new bumpstops and a new computer for the car(im not sure why). They ordered the part(or so they say) last friday. I hadnt received a call from them AT ALL i have to keep checking in for progress. Also, i think this is hilarious...i have the GAB mod on my car and he blames the hesitation on this saying "the car is getting WAY too much air". I call BS so i go take him the filter holder so he can put it in and run it stock. Im still waiting. My question is...has anyone had a similar problem with their car? What was the outcome? Is there anything i can do as per with the service department? I need any help i can get because this has beyond pissed me off. Thank you.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:11 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by ShIft_uR FacE
...i have the GAB mod on my car and he blames the hesitation on this saying "the car is getting WAY too much air".

I'm going to maybe possibly take my car into the dealership tomorrow for a normal tranny flush.

Haven't gone to the dealership for actual work in years (~7 to be exact). And I think they're going to freak when they see I have on my car. It's going to be quite the experience.

As for your problem, it lies within the TB. When you clean it, the thing doesn't appreciate it and gives a strange idle & MIL, even after doing the IAVL. Although after doing that (IAVL) it willr eturn to normal, but after the next startup, you'll be back @ sqaure 1.

Some have changed the ECU, some the TB.

I unplugged my negative battery terminal for ~ 36 hours and the problem went away. Since you're under warranty, let them do whatever they want.