5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

BG44K Emission set - instructions?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:46 AM

BG44K Emission set - instructions?!?

Hey guys,

I just called Nissan for BG44K and they have a 3 can kit of it for 45$ CAN. Now from what i read online, everyone puts it into their fuel tank and that's it, so i'm wondering what the other 2 cans are for?!? Where do they go in??? I know someone on ebay.ca is selling the same thing in a set of 3, he mentions 1 is for the fuel tank, the other one is a TB cleaner, but doesn't mention what the 3rd one is for and where it goes in. Anyone know?

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/BG-44K-Emission-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Joey
Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Cletus

one cleans the intake system (seafoam is cheaper)

the Injection System Cleaner and New Power Enhancer do the same thing
Old 01-30-2007, 09:57 AM

so then would i put them both into the fuel at the same time?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by delguiner
so then would i put them both into the fuel at the same time?
i have no idea...seems like a waste to me
Old 01-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Cletus

BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner
BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner is a specially formulated blend of solvents‚ high molecular-weight dispersants and deposit control additives which will quickly, effectively and safely clean fuel injectors and help remove upper engine deposits. This product is designed to be used with the BG 9210 Inject-A-Flush® Apparatus and BG 44K‚® Part No. 208. BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner contains deposit control additives which “pre-soakZ rock-hard valve deposits. This allows the powerful cleaning ingredients in BG 44K® to provide even more effective clean-up. Not harmful to any fuel system components including gaskets, hoses, metals, fuel tank bladders, fuel pumps, O-rings, etc. Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor safe.

BG 44K® Power Enhancer®
BG 44K® Power Enhancer® safely, rapidly and thoroughly removes engine deposits in combustion chambers, intake manifolds, ports and on valves. It restores flow in fuel injectors and cleans the entire fuel system. BG 44K® Power Enhancer® improves fuel economy and reduces exhaust emissions. It actually restores that “like new” driveability to an engine’s performance and keeps it running better, longer and more efficiently. Add one can or bottle to fuel tank at fill up. Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor safe. NOTE: After clean-up with BG 44K® Power Enhancer,® regular use of BG Supercharge®II‚ Part No. 202‚ in gasoline engines or BG Diesel Fuel Conditioner with DPL‚ Part No. 2276‚ in diesel engines will prevent deposits from forming in the fuel system and upper engine for maximum driveability and fuel economy.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Cletus

looks like the difference is, you need the BG 9210 Inject-A-Flush® Apparatus for the injector cleaner. the power enhancer pretty much does the same thing by putting it in the fuel tank.
you also need that injector for the intake cleaner. if you buy that kit, you will only be able to use the power enhancer unless you buy the injector.
http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html

Old 01-30-2007, 10:36 AM

Here's a quote from the guy on ebay, anyone know how it's done??

I will send you instructions for the application of the Fuel Injection Cleaner #210 through the Air Induction System of your vehicle without the special tools that are used by repair shops that sell BG services. The method was used by BG before they came out with the special tools. This Complete Emission Service at repair shop in Canada retails for $149.95 parts and labor plus taxes.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Cletus

Here's a quote from the guy on ebay, anyone know how it's done??

I will send you instructions for the application of the Fuel Injection Cleaner #210 through the Air Induction System of your vehicle without the special tools that are used by repair shops that sell BG services. The method was used by BG before they came out with the special tools. This Complete Emission Service at repair shop in Canada retails for $149.95 parts and labor plus taxes.
most likely, he uses the brake booster vacuum line like with seafoam.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 AM

Found this online... Anyone know how to apply this to a 2000 SE and what hose to use? I don't exactly get what he's trying to say 100%

BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner (PN# 210). Get a can tap (like an A/C freon can tap) and open a non-pressurized can of Fuel Injection System Cleaner. Take the end of the hose (attached to the can tap) and attach it to the vac. port that's right after the throttle body. The hose has a .025 orifice and lets the Fuel Injection System Cleaner vaporize into your manifold over the course of about 10 mins (12 oz. can).
Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 PM

I bought a 2-pack that had the Power Enhancer (cleaner) and the 44K from ebay. The seller provided these instructions:

"Here are the 3 ways to use it:

3 ways to use the cleaner:
1. Pour into a full tank of gas, put the 44K in the next tank of gas.
2. Engine hot, about 2000 rpm, suck it in through a vacuum hose so it
"decarbons" the intake and valves. You want to keep it running, and you want
to pick a hose near the throttle body so the chemical is evenly distributed.
Watch for backfires! You can do half a can this way and half in the tank
also.
3. Use the special tool, most shops have this, and will use your chemical.
This cleans the injectors directly and is best if engine is running rough
and misfiring. The cleaner is most concentrated this way, and cleans only
the injectors and valves, not the ports and intake

The injector cleaner is just a strong flammable chemical that dissolves
carbon. Even if you run a can through the tank, it will clean everything it
touches."
Old 01-31-2007, 08:43 AM

We have the tool for the de-carb kit at my work and I have taken it home to use on my 2k. Holy crap, I thought I was going to get the fire dept called on me from all the smoke that was pouring out the tailpipe at first. The one we have looks like the picture, but at the end it has a nozzle which vaporizes the chemical, and is injected right into the TB. The nozzle releases the liquid in a very fine cone-shaped mist, which very effectively cleans the TB plate IACV passages and the ENTIRE intake manifold (where the booster hose does not do this) Car felt like it picked up at least 10-15 Hp. afterwards, unreal.

Unfortunately our techs at work don't use the correct tool, they suck the stuff through the booster hose (cause it's faster to do). I've never seen one smoke like mine did at the shop, and all the techs say that the stuff doesn't work. They just sell it to make money. B.S. I did it the right way and it really does work.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 AM

What if i pour the BG44K into a spray can, and just spray it into the throttle body while someone revs the engine??
Old 02-01-2007, 05:04 AM

Well i found the 3 product set at a local nissan dealer (which was open till 1:30am!!!! :O:O:O) but none of the products he used was BG44K, they were other BG products. The package itself was 45$ CAN, but he said he had all the special machines to thoroughly clean out the injectors and TB, and it would cost 110$ CAN to do it by their technician. I agreed, and it took about an hour.

Guys i sh*t you not, what a DIFFERENCE! Acceleration is off the charts. I've never seen her accelerate that well, and she's just so smooth now.

Do this treatment guys, in the words of Borat "wowaweewah!!!"
Old 02-01-2007, 05:28 AM

What if i pour the BG44K into a spray can, and just spray it into the throttle body while someone revs the engine??
lol, one can is pured into the fuel tank. another is ran through the intake by some type of control device that looks similar to the device to ad freon. the last can is put into the oil tank. Should drive 3000 miles before next oil change.