5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

raced a Prelude today

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 05:29 PM
Chillboy

wassup guys, i raced my friend's 2k prelude with intake, exhaust, and headers today. I was pulling out of my apt complex and i saw my friend pull out behind me. we turned left into a three lane road, him behind me. we were just cruising... i wasnt expecting to race at all. than i heard his exhaust scream, and instinctively i downshifted to second. he tried to pass me on the middle (i was on the left)... but only got next to me... by the end of the third gear i was up about a half a car lenght. we slowed down becuz of traffic... and i saw him take off again, all the way to the right lane. of course i followed him, he had at least a 3 car length lead at first, but i caught upto him. especially in third and fourth gear. i cant say whose car is faster because it was all about traffic management, but it was hella fun weaving through traffic at 95mph plus. i guess we'll have to goto the track and see who is faster. laters

Old 07-07-2001, 06:44 PM

C'mon, don't pick on the little guys too much. Let the Prelude grow up first and then race it... Sorry, just messing around, i don't like preludes, not cuz of the car, but because i've never, ever liked anyone who drove a prelude.

BTW, good kill, i love to hear a max beating anything!
Old 07-07-2001, 07:03 PM
Got Bent?

nice job man!
Old 07-07-2001, 07:38 PM

those perludes cost about the same as a max and probably can't beat them even though the max is a sedan
Old 07-07-2001, 07:48 PM

this guy w/ a prelude keeps emailing me and telling me to race...i accepted his challenge awhile ago and gave him my phone # so he could call me after he got back from the illegals a few weeks back...he never called and emailed me and said he left my # at his house...he keeps saying he will KILL me...i said he might win but it would be a very close race...he has a 99 or 00 lude w/ intake, exhaust, and a apexi vtec controller but he also has 17s and a system...he says he has brought his car upto 150mph when he was stock at least a dozen times...i looked at this chicks prelude at my work and the speedo only goes upto 150...are they really that fast? he says i shouldn't have bought the max and i should have bought a real sports car "like a prelude"...that is an actual quote from one of his emails...i got a good laugh out of that...o well, i'll probably see him around sometime and race him...how fast are they anyways?
Old 07-07-2001, 08:44 PM

Preludes are as fast as Maxes. Maybe a tad faster, but it should come down to the driver. I am talking about 5sp vs 5sp. Auto Maxes will probably not stand a chance against a 5sp Prelude. But, auto Prelude is quite sluggish.

Base Prelude should be faster than Max granted the driver drives "properly". SH model should be a good match.

I have heard people taking Prelude close to 140mph. I am calling 150mph BS. However, the supercharged Preludes should be really fast. I am talking NSX range. But, I am not sure Jackson Racing came out with one yet.
Old 07-07-2001, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by MrBurner
this guy w/ a prelude keeps emailing me and telling me to race...i accepted his challenge awhile ago and gave him my phone # so he could call me after he got back from the illegals a few weeks back...he never called and emailed me and said he left my # at his house...he keeps saying he will KILL me...i said he might win but it would be a very close race...he has a 99 or 00 lude w/ intake, exhaust, and a apexi vtec controller but he also has 17s and a system...he says he has brought his car upto 150mph when he was stock at least a dozen times...i looked at this chicks prelude at my work and the speedo only goes upto 150...are they really that fast? he says i shouldn't have bought the max and i should have bought a real sports car "like a prelude"...that is an actual quote from one of his emails...i got a good laugh out of that...o well, i'll probably see him around sometime and race him...how fast are they anyways?
Well, if it's a stick shift, then it will be a close race, but I still think Max will win if the reaction time is good.

anyone knows how fast are those new Mazada Mp3 protege? I raced one yestereday and it kept up pretty good with me up to 60mph??? that kind of shocked me
Old 07-07-2001, 09:11 PM
is invisible

I hear Preludes can handle pretty well.
Old 07-08-2001, 01:06 AM

Im suprised zach didnt bring this up yet but the prelude at the track last night was a 5spd and ran 16.7 last night WOW!!!
Damn honduhs

adam
Old 07-08-2001, 01:53 AM
JET Speed Lab

Originally posted by MaxTuner

Well, if it's a stick shift, then it will be a close race, but I still think Max will win if the reaction time is good.

anyone knows how fast are those new Mazada Mp3 protege? I raced one yestereday and it kept up pretty good with me up to 60mph??? that kind of shocked me
arent those like 140-150hp?! they look good tho, cept the fact its a station wagon.
Old 07-08-2001, 02:29 AM

Originally posted by ToYLeT902

arent those like 140-150hp?! they look good tho, cept the fact its a station wagon.
i thought the mp3 was that blue sedan with the tall spoiler? i forgot the wagons name it has the number 5 in it right? or the word sport? lol i dont konw...
Old 07-08-2001, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by HKMax
Preludes are as fast as Maxes. Maybe a tad faster, but it should come down to the driver. I am talking about 5sp vs 5sp. Auto Maxes will probably not stand a chance against a 5sp Prelude. But, auto Prelude is quite sluggish.

Base Prelude should be faster than Max granted the driver drives "properly". SH model should be a good match.

I have heard people taking Prelude close to 140mph. I am calling 150mph BS. However, the supercharged Preludes should be really fast. I am talking NSX range. But, I am not sure Jackson Racing came out with one yet.
Sorry , you are talking about big "H" here, there are plenty of turbochargers and superchargers already available to Prelude! And yes Jack Racing SC for prelude has been available for a while now! I know forced induction Hondas are really fast, except they have to deal with traction problems---all FWD cars do anyway!