5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My race with a Viper!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 09:28 AM

My race with a Viper (UPDATED) Long!

I was cruising the St. Joseph beltway in Missouri on July 7th and I was pacing a Viper with a hardtop. This car was beautiful but on this street it could not open up because there are cops everywhere. We finally get to the end of the beltway and we hit a stoplight. I left him in the dust the first time because he didn't want to play but at the next light he redeemed himself. There was a nice Chevelle that wanted to get in the mix but he was behind the viper. The viper let me go off the line and when I was shifting from 1st for 2nd I hear the roar of a massive V-10 and he passed me going at least 60 mph in a matter of seconds....and that is when I let off the gas and just watched this brute make me look silly. After that show the Chevelle wanted to go down with me but I just went home to dream about that Viper that smoked me.

Last night (July 11th) I saw the same viper at the 1/8 mile track at Osborn raceway. I had the camera so I took a few pictures of the beast going down the track. The best run the guy had that night was a 6.91 at 103.69 MPH! THAT IS SMOKING FAST!!!! The only car to beat that time was a radical camero that ran 5 something at 120 MPH. I have some grat pictures of this guys car and his bad A$$ setup. He had a 3/4 ton red Dodge Truck with a awesome trailer and of course the 99 hardtop viper on the back. If any of you guys from Texas (He is from Houston) see this guy .....give him a big thumbs up for me!!! He is one of the coolest guys that I have ever met....and he remembered the stoplight race from earlier in the week with my maxima. He said " I thought you were some guy that just likes to drive fast....I couldn't tell that you wanted to race me." I told him " This is probably a once in a lifetime chance to go up against a Viper...I am not going to pass that up....even if I was in a metro I wouldn't!"
Old 07-10-2001, 10:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ya I want a SC too, but the Max still would need alot of work just to hang with LS1s. I wish there was more tuning option out there for us, with such a great foundation to start with it is a shame we are limited to simple bolt ons...I would like someone to figure out our computers.
Old 07-10-2001, 12:11 PM
Chillboy

you shouldve took out your anger on the chevelle.

Old 07-10-2001, 04:13 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by MOBOY
I wish I had a Super Charger so I could at least stay in sight of this car....hmmmmmm! KEV you are making me want one right now! I want numbers right now!!! If I was to put a SC on that would be the first thing that I did!!! What is the hold up?
Wanna get a dyno fund together for me?
Old 07-10-2001, 05:18 PM

Got NOS?
Old 07-10-2001, 05:34 PM

I raced a couple of vipers in my old car and man, i was completely standing on ym accel pedal (butt off of the seat) and they hawked me like i was in reverse. So much power and they look so good doing it too...
Old 07-10-2001, 05:49 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by Maximam
...I would like someone to figure out our computers.
JWT or G-Force Engineering could, but will they? Not until they have bled-dry all those ricer Honda guys.

JWT is the place we should be PRESSURING for ECU upgrades. If ANYONE is capable it is JWT. According to Brian Catts, JWT has already attempted it. They ran into a problem with the ECU losing the program anytime the battery was disconnected though. So, they are working on a "daughter-board" to soder or plug-in that will reload the program in the event of power loss.

We should ALSO pressure HotShot to make us some Jet-Hot ceramic headers. The B13(91-94) Sentras finally convinced HS to make a header for the 1.6 liter.

This board has the POWER to help pressure companies with the means, but not the foresight, into making more aftermarket parts for us. They just need to be told by people like Brian Catts, Greg(Maxima.com), Avalon, etc.. that they could easily get 30-40 initial orders inorder to compensate R&D costs. HS asked for someone to donate a few hours, over a couple days, to make a prototype. Then people were lining up orders and 6mo. later they finally produced the first batch of headers.
Old 07-11-2001, 06:08 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Wanna get a dyno fund together for me?
Interesting idea....hmmmm

As many people that are on the forum it should be only 1 dollar per person....where do I send the check?

KEV....do you have a before dyno? I am looking at your cardomain site right now....maybe it is hidden somewhere. Do you know the numbers from anyone else that is running a similiar setup? I didn't realize the SC only give 2 pounds of boost on the stock pully...that is pretty lame if you ask me....I could almost fart harder than that! Do other people w/ SC have the same boost on the stock pulley?

Well...I guess I will have to wait for the rest of the 200 people to send in the one dollar....BTW...are you thinking about chroming the black pipe....that ywould look sweet....or even red wouldn't be bad.
Old 07-11-2001, 07:32 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Kev,

How much did YOUR mechanic charge you for the install? How much time did he charge you for, since he probably gives you a VOLUME customer discount with all the parts you've been adding?

It would be interesting to see a list of EVERYTHING you've installed, your mechanic has installed, and the GRAND TOTAL cost of everything. I just want to know how much I need to save and what is simple enough for me to install.

I know you didn't install it yourself. I don't blame you!
Old 07-12-2001, 10:55 AM

UPDATED

Check out my first post....THAT VIPER KICKS A$$!
Old 07-12-2001, 12:24 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by MOBOY

Interesting idea....hmmmm

As many people that are on the forum it should be only 1 dollar per person....where do I send the check?

KEV....do you have a before dyno? I am looking at your cardomain site right now....maybe it is hidden somewhere. Do you know the numbers from anyone else that is running a similiar setup? I didn't realize the SC only give 2 pounds of boost on the stock pully...that is pretty lame if you ask me....I could almost fart harder than that! Do other people w/ SC have the same boost on the stock pulley?

Well...I guess I will have to wait for the rest of the 200 people to send in the one dollar....BTW...are you thinking about chroming the black pipe....that ywould look sweet....or even red wouldn't be bad.
I have the dyno on the first page of my site. It should be at the bottom (click on it to see a larger version). I'm not sure why our boost is so low, but The New CLIMAX put down 246 at the wheels. There might be a problem with the MAP sensor.

Originally posted by IceY2K1
Kev,

How much did YOUR mechanic charge you for the install? How much time did he charge you for, since he probably gives you a VOLUME customer discount with all the parts you've been adding?

It would be interesting to see a list of EVERYTHING you've installed, your mechanic has installed, and the GRAND TOTAL cost of everything. I just want to know how much I need to save and what is simple enough for me to install.

I know you didn't install it yourself. I don't blame you!
Let's see...

Stuff I installed (w or w/o help from Turbo95Max:
FSTB
RSB
RSTB
CAI
Ground Control
Koni
UDP
all light bulbs
Supercharger

Stuff I didn't install myself:
2nd try on y pipe because the first one didn't fit so I had to return it to Stillen
Muffler (didn't feel like it hehehe)
gauges (Turbo95Max was working on this while I was doing something on the sc)
body kit (I don't know how to paint)

Anything not in the list above... I installed myself.