5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Best street race i have ever witnessed

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2001, 06:49 PM

last night...around 9pm i am with my friend in his i4 95 camry...we are turning left and i see a supra tt w/ a brand new viper right behind it....i tell my friend to slow down to let them pass us and they did (they didn't start racing yet)...so we are at the next light and they line up...the guy in the supra was by himself w/ the targa top off and there were 2 guys in the viper (dealership car...DL plates)...the passenger in the viper asks the guy in the supra if he wants to go and of course they both start revving...the guy in the supra doesn't get a great launch and spins out a little while the guy in the viper doesn't have much if any tire spin...we got upto 60mph in my friends camry so i'm guessing they got upto about 120 or so (they went for a little under 1/2 mile and they seemed to be at least 1/4 mile ahead of us at the end...my friend was flooring it btw)...so they were DEAD EVEN upto whatever speed they reached...we kept following them and the guy in the supra sees me checking out his car and he starts talking to me and asks who i think would win...i asked what he had and he said just intake and exhaust...he said the last race was dead even but he didn't get a good launch and i told him that it would probably be completely based on driver skill...i wished him luck in case they raced again but a few blocks down the road, the viper turned into a restaurant...both were sticks and the supra was defenitely a tt...he also had a drop w/ the targa top off and 19" fitapaldi(sp?) rims w/ nittos (i had a long time to look over his car)...if any of you have read my last post about how i am selling my car, this race made me decide that i am defenitely getting a supra...i wanted one before the movie (f&f) but then i realized it would be hard to find one...now i have realized that this has to be my next car and if i have to go without a car for awhile just to get the supra, i will do it...a car where i will need more than just a helmet stock...i know at the track anyone can run above 14s...for 13+ you need a helmet, what do you need for 11+ or 12+ (supra will be around 12.8 or so stock...maybe lower when it cools down and defenitely in the 11s w/ a few simple mods)...i can't wait to get into a supra...not making the mistake of buying an auto as i did on the max (even though the supra auto is faster than the stick, there is nothing like driving a stick)

yeah...so that was the best street race i have ever seen...my friend said he was on the highway once and saw 2 sets of headlights come up fast so he downshifted and floored it, but a ferrari and something else (vette maybe...i forgot) blew by him and after about 30 seconds, he couldn't see them at all)
Old 07-14-2001, 06:53 PM

yay! i just noticed i'm a maxaholic
Old 07-14-2001, 06:55 PM

thats hot....damn it where all the nice rides at in conn. whenever i go out all I see is dodge omnis racing against plymouth reliants lol
Old 07-14-2001, 08:24 PM

Have you seen Relentless? This Reliant K will rip just about any Supra apart. This guy is from CT.

http://dodgegarage.www2.50megs.com/

Originally posted by AdamK
thats hot....damn it where all the nice rides at in conn. whenever i go out all I see is dodge omnis racing against plymouth reliants lol
Old 07-14-2001, 09:28 PM

12's stock?? It takes a really good driver to get in that range.
Old 07-14-2001, 10:02 PM

Auto Trader

Originally posted by MrBurner
this race made me decide that i am defenitely getting a supra...
I saw a couple of TT for sale on Auto Trader. I wish you luck on getting your Supra. i love the Supras. They are one of my favorite cars next to the skyline r34.
Old 07-14-2001, 11:18 PM

Re: Auto Trader

Originally posted by Menacer

I saw a couple of TT for sale on Auto Trader. I wish you luck on getting your Supra. i love the Supras. They are one of my favorite cars next to the skyline r34.
I would rather have a Skyline over a Supra. With proper 3rd stage mods, it's a 7 sec. car possibly less. But you'd have better luck finding a Supra.
Old 07-14-2001, 11:54 PM

The best race I have seems

is between a Diablo and a Viper. Me and my friend are driving in his bimmer, and at a stoplight, 3 lanes, we pull up to the viper and the Diablo. Didn't know they are racing at the time... I was totally checking out the Diablo( you don't see that everyday) anyway, the light turn green, both of them guns it, talk about LOUD.... damn... 12 cyl from Diablo and 10 cyl from Viper tear up the street...
we were too slow to even see the end of the race... dunno who won that one...
Old 07-15-2001, 05:31 AM

Originally posted by Paul2kGXE
Have you seen Relentless? This Reliant K will rip just about any Supra apart. This guy is from CT.

http://dodgegarage.www2.50megs.com/

the world is officially coming to an end...
Old 07-15-2001, 10:03 AM

Why?? Because a savvy home mechanic can run 10's in a 80's car?

Originally posted by AdamK

the world is officially coming to an end...
Old 07-15-2001, 10:48 AM

Originally posted by Paul2kGXE
Why?? Because a savvy home mechanic can run 10's in a 80's car?

I don't have a problem with the fact that the car is an 80's car thats cool...The part that is just wrong is that it's a Reliant thats a booty car and I've seen a few pimped out caravans, thats also pretty ghetto IMO, sorry...
Old 07-15-2001, 10:56 AM

races ive seen in past week...

well i was on 95 and saw 2 sets of headlights in the back...and it was 2 vw corrados, the g60 supercharged ones....one was yellow and the other green...i wouldnt really say they were racign but just thoughti was cool how 2 of the same cars were doing about 110 down 95..one sounded like an exhasut and maybe cai?
Old 07-15-2001, 10:59 AM

Re: races ive seen in past week...

Originally posted by maximaracer28
well i was on 95 and saw 2 sets of headlights in the back...and it was 2 vw corrados, the g60 supercharged ones....one was yellow and the other green...i wouldnt really say they were racign but just thoughti was cool how 2 of the same cars were doing about 110 down 95..one sounded like an exhasut and maybe cai?
ok.
Old 07-15-2001, 12:39 PM

You wouldn't happen to know what punctuation is, would you?
Old 07-15-2001, 04:47 PM

I agree, that is the car that i want now even though it may be a while before i can actually get it. I was reading up on www.mkiv.com and they said with about 2000 in mods (exhaust, downpipe, boost controller) it hits about 380-410 hp!!! I dont car how long it takes, and dang the fast and furious cause now its going to be that much harder to find.

Jonathan Marsh

Originally posted by MrBurner
last night...around 9pm i am with my friend in his i4 95 camry...we are turning left and i see a supra tt w/ a brand new viper right behind it....i tell my friend to slow down to let them pass us and they did (they didn't start racing yet)...so we are at the next light and they line up...the guy in the supra was by himself w/ the targa top off and there were 2 guys in the viper (dealership car...DL plates)...the passenger in the viper asks the guy in the supra if he wants to go and of course they both start revving...the guy in the supra doesn't get a great launch and spins out a little while the guy in the viper doesn't have much if any tire spin...we got upto 60mph in my friends camry so i'm guessing they got upto about 120 or so (they went for a little under 1/2 mile and they seemed to be at least 1/4 mile ahead of us at the end...my friend was flooring it btw)...so they were DEAD EVEN upto whatever speed they reached...we kept following them and the guy in the supra sees me checking out his car and he starts talking to me and asks who i think would win...i asked what he had and he said just intake and exhaust...he said the last race was dead even but he didn't get a good launch and i told him that it would probably be completely based on driver skill...i wished him luck in case they raced again but a few blocks down the road, the viper turned into a restaurant...both were sticks and the supra was defenitely a tt...he also had a drop w/ the targa top off and 19" fitapaldi(sp?) rims w/ nittos (i had a long time to look over his car)...if any of you have read my last post about how i am selling my car, this race made me decide that i am defenitely getting a supra...i wanted one before the movie (f&f) but then i realized it would be hard to find one...now i have realized that this has to be my next car and if i have to go without a car for awhile just to get the supra, i will do it...a car where i will need more than just a helmet stock...i know at the track anyone can run above 14s...for 13+ you need a helmet, what do you need for 11+ or 12+ (supra will be around 12.8 or so stock...maybe lower when it cools down and defenitely in the 11s w/ a few simple mods)...i can't wait to get into a supra...not making the mistake of buying an auto as i did on the max (even though the supra auto is faster than the stick, there is nothing like driving a stick)

yeah...so that was the best street race i have ever seen...my friend said he was on the highway once and saw 2 sets of headlights come up fast so he downshifted and floored it, but a ferrari and something else (vette maybe...i forgot) blew by him and after about 30 seconds, he couldn't see them at all)
Old 07-15-2001, 04:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What year Supra would you look for???

What year Supra are you looking for??? I am planning to get a used car to mess around with, probably a CRX or if possible a Supra...Just want to know what is going on in that racer head of yours!!!
Old 07-15-2001, 04:53 PM

BTW, one of the best races ive seen was while i was getting my oil changed i was facing the highway. This viper goes ROARING by and then a Mustang GT goes vroom about 2 seconds later. It made me and the guy changing my oil just start laughing, especially cause ive seen him at the track running 12's in his older camero.

Jonathan Marsh