5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:01 PM

Need Advice

today, i just played soccer around 5.30pm. I left all my belongings to my bagpack include my cellphone, house key, car key, my job key, and wallet. when i was in the middle of the game, suddenly my team-mates called me and told me that my bagpack was open. so i decided to stopped the game and looked at my bagpack. somebody stole all my belongings. i've called credit card companies and tmobile to canceled it. but my big problem is, my car key. i only have 2 car keys left. one with the remote for alarm (still using manufacture remote) and the other one is just the key. the one got stole was the one with the remote. now it seems i have go to dealer to make a copy for the key. my question is can i buy the remote from other place such from website or ebay?. if i go to the dealer, they gonna charges me 2 hours labor include program the key and the remote plus the part. the keys are $60 each. the remotes are $70 each. is anybody know how to program the remote? i don't want the dealer to do it. to program it should take less then 15 minutes but the dealer charge me 1 hour job.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Sexier Than Simpson

Check this thread

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....program+remote

or this

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....program+remote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:54 PM
USF Class of 2009

That bites. Be careful - not only did he steal a key, he stole something that helps him to identify your car - your remote! Especially since he stole it from a place that I would assume you are a regular, it could make it easier for him to locate your car and possibly steal it. :-/

Good luck...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Agreed. I would recommend getting the locks reprogrammed not just getting a new key.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 AM

yea can they reprogram the car with new keys and everything?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

be careful... they might go after the car next...
Old 06-25-2007, 07:32 PM

now i'm worry about he can get into my car. 'cause i just realize. when the car lock by alarm, u can open the door with the key and the alarm will be disabled automaticly. now i'm thinking of that. should i install aftermarket alarm?.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:46 PM

Screw the car, he can get into your home and get to your family, what about those locks? But on another note, question the guy who told you your bag was open, unless it was a duffle bag why wasn't the whole thing taken? From my experience; (being a former resident of Newark, NJ) I know that NJ and NY thieves don't rummage through your stuff they either strong arm you or take the whole thing. I suspect the "friend" who said your back pack was open is the thief. He probably has a Maxima too, or envied something you recently did to your car, h3ll he probably even invited you to the soccer game. between the lines
Old 06-26-2007, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Maxgig
Screw the car, he can get into your home and get to your family, what about those locks? But on another note, question the guy who told you your bag was open, unless it was a duffle bag why wasn't the whole thing taken? From my experience; (being a former resident of Newark, NJ) I know that NJ and NY thieves don't rummage through your stuff they either strong arm you or take the whole thing. I suspect the "friend" who said your back pack was open is the thief. He probably has a Maxima too, or envied something you recently did to your car, h3ll he probably even invited you to the soccer game. between the lines
all my families live in philadelphia. i don't need to worry them. i'm not suspecting my friends, 'cause he was playing with me. i saw a black dominican guy at a glance sat on the bench next from the bagpack. when the guy wasn't there anymore . the next thing my bagpack was opened. my bagpack was duffle bag.. he needs to thing twice to get the whole things.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by claudiusmaximas
yea can they reprogram the car with new keys and everything?
yes they can. i have done it before. when i bought my car, the previous owner only has 1 key + remote, but the key hole was broke. i went to the dealer to made 2 copies of keys. i'm not sure about the remote. But i heard we can reprogram the remote too.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:25 PM

if you just want to replace your key go to the dmv...im not sure all dmv's have this, but the one around me has a booth to copy keys...got mine for $40 W/O remote....remote was an extra 25....if you want to re-program your locks the dealer im not sur eif he can do that with the same computer that programs keys....guess dealer is the way to go for a re-program
Old 06-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

dang son, that really sucks, he has your keys and your wallet? i hope you live in a nice safe neighbor hood.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:42 PM

hope you didnt have your SS# in your wallet if thats the case your life is over.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by STILLENGLE
hope you didnt have your SS# in your wallet if thats the case your life is over.
i forgot that one. i only have the copy of my SS card. do you think he can use it?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 AM

yea man your life is over if he has that that has basically all your information. thats stealing your indentity
Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by STILLENGLE
yea man your life is over if he has that that has basically all your information. thats stealing your indentity
ohh boy, what am i suppose to do now?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:04 AM

should i go back to manufacture remote or aftermarket. if i get the OE remote, it cost me $95 each. i need 2. the key cost $60 each and i also need 2. everything it costs me $405 with labors but not include tax.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by SoulEater
ohh boy, what am i suppose to do now?
call up your bank and credit card companys and explain to them what happend to call the cops to.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:49 PM

as for you ss # i would call equifax transunion and transunion and have them flag your credit it makes it so that nobody can open new accounts in your name... they can explain it better but that is what i would do....
Old 06-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by Maxgig
LOL, for the record, things are still the same. I'm about 10 minutes from Newark and I went to school in Newark. So far, I havent been vandalized to THAT degree but I see it all the time....good luck with everything...