5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

race wars

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 03:19 PM

i was wondering if any of you guys were going to the race wars that there having in arizona. All you guys talk about you killed this and that lets let everyone know about the killer maximas. im going for sure hope some of you do to.You cAN Find out more about it at www.speedworldmotorplex.com if any of you are going just just post, i want to see how many of you are down, peace out.

ps finally put my updated picture up what do you guys think

travis
zero tolorance
Old 08-09-2001, 03:57 PM

Not going to race wars since i live in northern Indiana. Just wanted to let you know that is a great site you posted, esp. the drag racing tips.
Closest serious track to me is Route 66 in Joliet, IL.,
Will be using tips in near future.
THANX
Old 08-09-2001, 04:01 PM

Not going

Sweet ride pic!!
Old 08-09-2001, 04:07 PM

Not going to race wars since i live in northern Indiana. Just wanted to let you know that is a great site you posted, esp. the drag racing tips.
Closest serious track to me is Route 66 in Joliet, IL.,
Will be using tips in near future.
THANX
Old 08-09-2001, 04:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sweet Pic.

What body kit is that? Your profile says aerokit, how much?

Joe-
Old 08-09-2001, 05:13 PM

Not going to race wars . I saw your car at STILLEN MAXIMA DAY. Your car was one of the sweetest rides there!!
Old 08-09-2001, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by flipmode_cali
All you guys talk about you killed this and that lets let everyone know about the killer maximas.
We're talkin' about highway racing. At a drag strip (especially racewars) most of the cars would be under 13sec.
Your best time was 14. Most (all?) of those cars would smoke us.

Get'em out on route 1 though, and I'll kill'em
Old 08-09-2001, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by VeggieH8R

We're talkin' about highway racing. At a drag strip (especially racewars) most of the cars would be under 13sec.
Your best time was 14. Most (all?) of those cars would smoke us.

Get'em out on route 1 though, and I'll kill'em
i understand that but its going to be all types of cars no reason to race the riced out racing cars im talking about cars in our class. and my theory is anyway so what your crx is faster my car turns more heads. i refuse to make an ugly car fast igot to look good and win or lose at the same time.
im looking for cl-s,solaras,330i,and other cars of that sort
Old 08-09-2001, 06:51 PM

i understand that but its going to be all types of cars no reason to race the riced out racing cars im talking about cars in our class. and my theory is anyway so what your crx is faster my car turns more heads. i refuse to make an ugly car fast igot to look good and win or lose at the same time.
im looking for cl-s,solaras,330i,and other cars of that sort
Touche'. But I live in NJ the only reason I would go to Arizona would be to buy a Skyline from Motorex (which I may be doing anyway soon ).
Old 08-09-2001, 09:58 PM

i gues ill be the only maxima there
Old 08-10-2001, 12:17 AM

Dude are those whitewalls am seeing on your MAX?
Old 08-10-2001, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by d_98SE
Dude are those whitewalls am seeing on your MAX?
C'mon now. You really think I would go there. That's the lip of the rim.
Old 08-10-2001, 07:55 AM

Flipmode, where are you located? I saw a car similar to yours in AZ, that you?
Old 08-10-2001, 08:07 AM

SUPER SWEET LOOKING RIDE!!!!

i was wondering if any of you guys were going to the race wars that there having in arizona. All you guys talk about you killed this and that lets let everyone know about the killer maximas. im going for sure hope some of you do to.You cAN Find out more about it at www.speedworldmotorplex.com if any of you are going just just post, i want to see how many of you are down, peace out.

ps finally put my updated picture up what do you guys think

travis
zero tolorance
Dude you have the BEST looking ride I've seen so far on this forum!! I think I'm going to try to model my car after yours!! Hey tell me if that's the Stillen body kit and what it cost plus the install? How much have you lowered your car and what is your spring/strut setup? What did those rims run you and how much do they weigh? Thanks in advance! And once again all I have to say about your ride is "DAMN FINE!"
Old 08-10-2001, 11:30 AM

Won't be tarveling to Arizona. However, I echo the sentiments of the people above in saying that your car looks good! Have fun.
Old 08-11-2001, 03:22 AM

everything on my car is from stillen except my clear bumper lenses. I also have the centerforce clutch installed.
so i guess i will be the only maxima that real represent at race wars. im not looking to drag to much but it should be so many cars some freeway fun should be worth the trip.

travis
zero tolerance
Old 08-11-2001, 03:28 AM

Re: SUPER SWEET LOOKING RIDE!!!!

Originally posted by DMan_2KMax

Dude you have the BEST looking ride I've seen so far on this forum!! I think I'm going to try to model my car after yours!! Hey tell me if that's the Stillen body kit and what it cost plus the install? How much have you lowered your car and what is your spring/strut setup? What did those rims run you and how much do they weigh? Thanks in advance! And once again all I have to say about your ride is "DAMN FINE!"
thanks for the compliments my kit for everything cost me about $1000, my rims and tires 1300, and in the picture thats just eibach springs and stock struts.

ps. just wait and see what coming next

travis
zero tolerance
Old 08-11-2001, 10:09 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Would love to ...

come and represent but it is a little far of a drive. I wish that there were alot more shows and races held in the middle of the country so that more people could go. Any way "dido" on what everyone was saying, sweet ride. I can't wait to post a pic of my car with the graphics to see what people say, but sweet ride.
Old 08-12-2001, 07:49 AM

Re: Re: SUPER SWEET LOOKING RIDE!!!!

thanks for the compliments my kit for everything cost me about $1000, my rims and tires 1300, and in the picture thats just eibach springs and stock struts.

ps. just wait and see what coming next

travis
zero tolerance
Hey did you have any problems with the offset on your 18x8.5 rims. When I called about the rims they said that they would not fit on a 5th gen maxima. Let me know and thanks.
Old 08-12-2001, 03:39 PM

anyone here live in arizona, or anyone in general ever been to this track where this is taking place. And i have another question is anyone in this form sponserd and if so how did you.

travis
zero tolerance
Old 08-12-2001, 03:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: SUPER SWEET LOOKING RIDE!!!!

Originally posted by DMan_2KMax

Hey did you have any problems with the offset on your 18x8.5 rims. When I called about the rims they said that they would not fit on a 5th gen maxima. Let me know and thanks.
none what so ever the car rides smooth and handles like you wouldnt believe
Old 08-12-2001, 05:48 PM

just bringing this thread back to life...i am almost positive i will be at racewars but i will most likely not be running my car...i will probably just go to watch...i know of at least 1 4th gen max (max8mycash aka alex) and a few people from altimas.net that are going...email me at MrBurner@qwest.net and we can discuss meeting up earlier before racewars...me, alex, and the altima people are probably going to caravan down there...i'm not sure exactly when it starts, but i will get that info soon...we can meet up before the races, checkout each others cars, grab a bite to eat etc. let me know

what day/time are you coming down? are you just coming down that morning and going back at night?