5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Saw 2002 Maxima in person tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 08:58 PM

First of all, I wish I had my camera with me. I will not leave without it anymore.

I was driving to a friend's house when I came up on a Maxima with Altezza style tail lights. As I got closer, lo and behold, it was a 2002 GLE Maxima (so it was obviously an auto). I came up along side the guy and nodded my approval. For Ironlord and Wreck-Diver who are also from St. Louis, it was from Moore Nissan in Ellisville and it had dealer plates on it. I apologize in advance to all the GLE owners, but without a spoiler, your car looks naked! It looked wierd on the 2002 as well.

It was green and it just 'seemed' bigger than my car. I got in front of it due to some traffic difficulties he was having and in my rear view mirror, I could see the headlights which looked awesome. I am very upset that they are cost prohibitive for us to trade. But the emblem on the grill is hideous, in my opinion. It is way too big and it just looks bad (again my opinion).

Well, we both turned left to get on the highway, and he got out from behind me and got in the next lane over (it is a 2 lane entrance ramp) so I accelerated and so did he. I wouldn't say we were racing, but we did hit the highway at over 80 MPH. I was about at his back door, but holding my own. Again, I don't think we were really racing so it wasn't a good comparison because it wasn't like anybody accelerated hard or tried to gun it or anything like that - we were just pushing it a bit. On the highway, my radar detector went off, so I shut it down and he just went on. No cop in sight, but I got another look at the taillights and they were sweet. I hope they fit.

The whole way to my firend's house, I kept thinking about trading it in. I won't because I am so far upside down and it doesn't make great economic sense and all that junk, but it was a pretty car overall even without a spoiler and an ugly emblem. Like I said, it really seemed bigger than my car - I know that's not right, but it just did.

Oh, well, that's my story.
Old 08-12-2001, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by blackY2Kmax
First of all, I wish I had my camera with me. I will not leave without it anymore.

I was driving to a friend's house when I came up on a Maxima with Altezza style tail lights. As I got closer, lo and behold, it was a 2002 GLE Maxima (so it was obviously an auto). I came up along side the guy and nodded my approval. For Ironlord and Wreck-Diver who are also from St. Louis, it was from Moore Nissan in Ellisville and it had dealer plates on it. I apologize in advance to all the GLE owners, but without a spoiler, your car looks naked! It looked wierd on the 2002 as well.

It was green and it just 'seemed' bigger than my car. I got in front of it due to some traffic difficulties he was having and in my rear view mirror, I could see the headlights which looked awesome. I am very upset that they are cost prohibitive for us to trade. But the emblem on the grill is hideous, in my opinion. It is way too big and it just looks bad (again my opinion).

Well, we both turned left to get on the highway, and he got out from behind me and got in the next lane over (it is a 2 lane entrance ramp) so I accelerated and so did he. I wouldn't say we were racing, but we did hit the highway at over 80 MPH. I was about at his back door, but holding my own. Again, I don't think we were really racing so it wasn't a good comparison because it wasn't like anybody accelerated hard or tried to gun it or anything like that - we were just pushing it a bit. On the highway, my radar detector went off, so I shut it down and he just went on. No cop in sight, but I got another look at the taillights and they were sweet. I hope they fit.

The whole way to my firend's house, I kept thinking about trading it in. I won't because I am so far upside down and it doesn't make great economic sense and all that junk, but it was a pretty car overall even without a spoiler and an ugly emblem. Like I said, it really seemed bigger than my car - I know that's not right, but it just did.

Oh, well, that's my story.
I personally like the headlights on the 02s also contemplated trading my car in but I got much love for my car and I worked hard to get it. I would have to work even harder to get the 02 6spd. I wonder if the headlights for the 02 fit the 2000s.
Old 08-12-2001, 12:42 AM

Originally posted by Menacer

I personally like the headlights on the 02s also contemplated trading my car in but I got much love for my car and I worked hard to get it. I would have to work even harder to get the 02 6spd. I wonder if the headlights for the 02 fit the 2000s.
Wassup Menacer? heh...the 02 headlights fit, but from what I've heard they're real expensive (over 1k). Might as well just buy the H.I.D. bulb kit instead...

I got a short glimpse of the 02 as I passed a dealership on the freeway...I think the grille is too flat, maybe that's why the symbol looks huge. The rest looked good
Old 08-12-2001, 01:20 AM

Originally posted by Ludacris

Wassup Menacer? heh...the 02 headlights fit, but from what I've heard they're real expensive (over 1k). Might as well just buy the H.I.D. bulb kit instead...
Sup Ludacris... over 1k, geezz, i guess my headlights look nice after all
Old 08-12-2001, 03:56 AM

Originally posted by Menacer

Sup Ludacris... over 1k, geezz, i guess my headlights look nice after all
Yep...now the taillights would be something to look into, but I still haven't really gotten a good look...
Old 08-12-2001, 05:40 AM

Thats so hot...I don't know what it is about the east coast but I called all the dealers in Conn. went to a few of those hidden parking lots with new cars that just came in and NO 2002 yet, not to worry! I have my trusty digital camera on me non stop so if I just see a glimpse of a 2002 Maxima so does everyone else!!!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:17 AM

It's almost like hunting a Sasquatch! People are telling that it exists but I have yet to see one. TYhey aren't any here in Memphis outta four dealers!

Originally posted by AdamK
Thats so hot...I don't know what it is about the east coast but I called all the dealers in Conn. went to a few of those hidden parking lots with new cars that just came in and NO 2002 yet, not to worry! I have my trusty digital camera on me non stop so if I just see a glimpse of a 2002 Maxima so does everyone else!!!